Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 29-05-16, 16:29   #41
AshesBorn

Did TOO do well enough commercially to warrant a sequel though?
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-16, 16:33   #42
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
Did TOO do well enough commercially to warrant a sequel though?
I've never seen any evidence that says that it does, but neither have I ever seen evidence to the claim that it tanked harder than the battle of Kursk.

I only know one thing: when I asked an employee of Microsoft whether triple A games are becoming too expensive to make without these kinds of exclusivity deals, he answered that smaller games like Temple of Osiris might be the future, as they bring little financial risk with them... which kinda ducked my question, but there it is...
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-16, 17:11   #43
Sanglyph

I suppose Greece is the most plausible location for the next LC game. The setting could work extremely well and it would be enough of a contrast to the jungles from GOL and the sandy ruins from TOO.

I'm happy about any location as long as it's not Scandinavia or anything majorly snowy because that's almost all we've seen in the franchise ever since Underworld released.
Sanglyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-16, 17:33   #44
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanglyph View Post
I'm happy about any location as long as it's not Scandinavia or anything majorly snowy because that's almost all we've seen in the franchise ever since Underworld released.
Amen to that, although I do like the idea of Scandinavia; which is a beautiful green place in the summer, and home to a lot of mythological creatures

I can see her batteling trolls, giants and dark elves. And she can team up with Sigurd the Dragon Slayer, Brynhildr the Valkyrie and Brokkr the Dwarf
Old 29-05-16, 17:40   #45
Sanglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Amen to that, although I do like the idea of Scandinavia; which is a beautiful green place in the summer, and home to a lot of mythological creatures

I can see her batteling trolls, giants and dark elves. And she can team up with Sigurd the Dragon Slayer, Brynhildr the Valkyrie and Brokkr the Dwarf
Oh, absolutely! The thing is, do you really think the devs would go out of their way to build some diverse foresty fantasy land when they have all the snow assets from TOO and visuals from Underworld's Norse sections sitting around on their hard drives?
Sanglyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-16, 17:45   #46
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanglyph View Post
Oh, absolutely! The thing is, do you really think the devs would go out of their way to build some diverse foresty fantasy land when they have all the snow assets from TOO and visuals from Underworld's Norse sections sitting around on their hard drives?
Oh hell no, and they got such an obsession with snow they even put it in friggin' Egypt!
Old 04-06-16, 10:23   #47
lizardspock110

What I want is also enemies like tigers, bears wolves, lions etc along with the supernatural army and supernatural creatures and beasts...maybe they can incorporate dinosaurs again
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-16, 02:45   #48
anthonycraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Oh hell no, and they got such an obsession with snow they even put it in friggin' Egypt!
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure snow has been featured in every TR game/spin off title by Crystal. They gotta stop! It might not have been in GoL. I think it the only game it hasn't been in by Core is TR4.

Pretty interesting when you think of it.
anthonycraig is offline   Reply With Quote