Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 11-01-12, 21:27   #161
gidierre
Grease Monkey

I see
yet just as an image would be self contained regardless
once the dvd contents/layout are exposed the disk check could easily be customized to allow for this version's specs don't you think.
gidierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 22:24   #162
EscondeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidierre View Post
once the dvd contents/layout are exposed the disk check could easily be customized to allow for this version's specs don't you think.
Why not, if they are ready to provide information necessary
EscondeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 06:30   #163
LARA_geek

I just buyed TR1 for PC and since megaupload is down is there another way to get the dosbox installer?
LARA_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 17:44   #164
gidierre
Grease Monkey

This page:
http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/tr1_adv.html
gidierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-12, 21:00   #165
EgyptianSoul

A friend of mine is thinking of buying the Tomb Raider Collection PC package (which has the 6 Core games).

Is it possible to make these versions work on Windows 7 64bit and will the Gold expansions work with them (along with Lost Artifact)?

I hope someone could offer some kind of an answer so I can tell her whether or not it's ok to buy this package or look for another solution.

Basically here the only thing that's left is this collection. Every other version of the games are sold out and not likely to be sold again unless there's a re-release.

So she would have to import them piece by piece if this will not do.

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask these questions.

Last edited by EgyptianSoul; 28-02-12 at 21:01.
EgyptianSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-12, 18:30   #166
Moosey

I've installed the game perfectly, but the game is very laggy and the fmv's and music are stuttery. It's kind of gets to the point where it's unplayable. I used Game Booster to get rid of unnecessery processes already. Any help is appreciated.
Moosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-12, 19:31   #167
EscondeR

^ Have you actually tried reading this thread beforehands? E.g. this post: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=112
Old 16-03-12, 19:19   #168
Nox Deleo

Thumbs up

Just wanted to give my thanks to everyone who gave up their time to make this classic playable on modern hardware. I'm not sure which installer I ended up using (I got one from somewhere on tombraiderchronicles.com in a setuptr1-1-2.zip), but I think it's at least related to the one from this thread (if only in the ground broken).

Something that might help people who have to disable one or more disc drives to stop the St Francis Folly crash etc...Microsoft have a utility called devcon (part of the Windows Driver Kit) which can let you disable/enable hardware devices from the command line...or in my case a batch script. You can get it here (x86 and x64 versions included): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272

I dumped a copy of it in my TR directory (along with JoyToKey as you will see below), so I don't have to manually disable/reenable my drives every time I want to play. Here's the batch script I use to start the game:

@echo off
set SDL_VIDEODRIVER=windib
start JoyToKey.exe
devcon disable IDE\CDROMLITE-ON_DVDRW*
devcon disable FDC\GENERIC_FLOPPY_DRIVE*
dosbox.exe "tomb3dfx.exe" -noconsole -fullscreen -exit -c "mount d %1 -t cdrom -noioctl"
devcon enable IDE\CDROMLITE-ON_DVDRW*
devcon enable FDC\GENERIC_FLOPPY_DRIVE*

Edit: Just realised...obviously my drives won't necessarily be the same hardware ID's as yours. This example explains how to find your relevant hardware ID's: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr..._pattern_tools. Should be pretty straight forward. Remember to run it from an elevated command prompt so it doesn't open and close another window before you've had chance to read it.

JoyToKey starts with my TR profile, extra disc drives disabled (floppy might not be needed but I added it just in case), game starts, and the drives are reenabled once the game closes. The only down side is if you have UAC enabled on Windows 7 (and I guess Vista), it's a couple extra clicks/keystrokes each time since devcon has to run elevated for obvious reasons.

Hope that helps someone. One last thing...I got a strange bug at the start of St Francis Folly where Pierre didn't appear the first time (in the first room with all the pillars). Don't know if anyone else has had it. He did however appear later at the bottom of the chamber where you put the keys in at the level end. Kinda odd.

Last edited by Nox Deleo; 16-03-12 at 19:29.
Nox Deleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-12, 19:36   #169
Moosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscondeR View Post
^ Have you actually tried reading this thread beforehands? E.g. this post: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=112
I have already tried that. It still lags, but now only in the open areas. If i try to turn it up more, it starts to lag a lot.
Moosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-12, 20:03   #170
EscondeR

^ Run Diagnose.exe and post the report here.