Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 05-02-12, 15:08   #511
Tonyrobinson

Realistically the type of directors we should be looking at are ones who do superhero movies. It's hard to tell if we get a better known one or not.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 15:12   #512
TippingWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Realistically the type of directors we should be looking at are ones who do superhero movies. It's hard to tell if we get a better known one or not.
I don't think it will be the case with this movie , I don't think they are aiming at a non-stop action flick with a chick with super human strength as the protagonist . I hope that I am right .
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 15:28   #513
Tonyrobinson

No I mean that we will most likely get someone with a comic adaption credit regardless I can't see Roman Polanski or David Fincher signing up to make a Lara Croft flick.
Old 05-02-12, 15:29   #514
michaeldt

Christopher Nolan! Edgar Wright! Tim Burton! Jonathan Demme! Phillip Noyce!
Some people I think could fit the role
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 16:21   #515
TippingWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Great choices ! Christopher Nolan would be a great choice , especially now since he finished Batman . A director like him could make the series relevant once again . If he was the director , and Emma was the new Lara there is no way that this movie could flop , Emma is a good actress with a huge fanbase and she fits the part like a glove and he is a critically acclaimed director .

Last edited by TippingWater; 05-02-12 at 16:23.
Old 05-02-12, 21:17   #516
Peanut

I hope the director is one who knows what he's doing, like Christopher Nolan. If it's Zack Snyder, I'll stab myself. And I know I'm going to get hated for this, so prepare to sharpen your pitchforks but I think Jennifer Lawrence can act and look the part of Lara.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 22:29   #517
TippingWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I hope the director is one who knows what he's doing, like Christopher Nolan. If it's Zack Snyder, I'll stab myself. And I know I'm going to get hated for this, so prepare to sharpen your pitchforks but I think Jennifer Lawrence can act and look the part of Lara.
Jennifer Lawrence is a good choice , but she is already playing Katniss in the upcoming Hunger Games movie , which will probably turn into a full blown movie franchise .
Old 06-02-12, 01:31   #518
Tonyrobinson

Jennifer Lawrence is great, an established award nominated actress with the ability to carry a franchise and a good role model for both women and young girls. She'd make a great Lara and I don't think anyone would deny that. Unfortunately Katniss is too similar to the new reboot Lara and The Hunger Games is going to be a huge film with four movies so that ties her up.

She's also signed up to three X-Men movies and the second has been green lit along side Cathing Fire which is the second Hunger Games movie. She is the perfect Katniss though I can't wait to see The Hunger Games on the big screen being a big fan of the book series. Also given her current profile Matthew Vaughn will probably want to give Mystique a larger role in the next X-men movie. So she's tied up but her career is rock solid.

I think if we don't get someone like Jennifer with a solid fan base and acting ability then we will probably get a new comer or low profile actress instead to be on the safe side of things rather than getting a big profile star based on her looks alone.

This version of Lara requires more acting skills than looking good in tight shorts so even if the movie was conceived as a vehicle to launch the career of an unknown then they'd just need to amp up their promotional campaign to draw the interest in. Just mention "From the writers of Iron Man" and "Award nominated GK Films" on posters and advertisements and it could make all the world of difference instead of relying on star power in the main role.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 06-02-12 at 01:38.
Old 06-02-12, 20:35   #519
Aphrodite22

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
BEST IDEA EVAH!!

and no, Jennifer Lawrence wouldnt make a good lara croft imo :/ ... I dont like her as Katniss much either, but she will prolly be good.
Aphrodite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 17:00   #520
TippingWater

The official actress was already revealed lololol.

Last edited by TippingWater; 08-02-12 at 17:01.