Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 16-10-13, 17:03   #21
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
Well the plan certainly wasn't to have you derail the thread to discuss your problems whatever they may be. So you can disappear now unless you plan on talking about KH, thanks.
It's okay if you can't think of anything. It really is a pointless decision anyway.

In regards to KH2.5 and KH3 news... I'm really mostly excited for 2.5. The KH3 trailer did nothing for me, and I think it's just misleading to people who are desperate for any news KH3 related. At least with 2.5 I know what I'm getting.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-13, 17:27   #22
LarasFan

Who is you favorite Keyblade Wielder?
Emmm, kinda hard. I'll go for Aqua though. She is just legendary.
What is your favorite world?
Disney World: Beast's Castle
Original World: Twilight Town... I do love Radiant Garden but, Twilight Town is just wow.
What new places would you like to see in KHIII or future titles?
Treasure Planet
Princess and the Frog
Agrabah, but based on the 3rd movie, where Aladdin goes in a search for his dad. Sora would be able to join the 40 thieves, go to the vanishing Isle. OMG the lightning effects would look epic seeing how dark the 3rd movie was.
How would you rank the games?
KHII
BBS
DDD
358/2 Days
KHI
Chain of Memories
RE:Coded (it's so bad, it shouldn't even exist on the list).
What is your favorite song in the series?
The one from the KH2.5 Remix announce trailer

Last edited by LarasFan; 16-10-13 at 17:31.
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-13, 17:34   #23
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

@Mikky: Thank you on the compliment on the OP. And I'll answer your added question.

Who is your favorite character? King Mickey of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
It's okay if you can't think of anything. It really is a pointless decision anyway.
I gave reasoning already, but you're just being a jerk about it now. Don't like it, stay away from the thread.

Quote:
In regards to KH2.5 and KH3 news... I'm really mostly excited for 2.5. The KH3 trailer did nothing for me, and I think it's just misleading to people who are desperate for any news KH3 related. At least with 2.5 I know what I'm getting.
How is it misleading? The trailer opens saying the game is a work in progress, everyone who's seen it so far knows it's just to show off the engine and that it doesn't represent the final product. KH1, KHII, & KH3D all had trailers that ended up just being something to tease the feel of the game and had nothing to do with the final product.

Last edited by Carbonek_0051; 16-10-13 at 17:36.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-13, 17:50   #24
domino92

Quote:
@Mikky: Thank you on the compliment on the OP.
I agree. It is a very well made OP.

Quote:
I gave reasoning already, but you're just being a jerk about it now. Don't like it, stay away from the thread.
No, you didn't provide reasoning. This is what you said.

Quote:
Seeing as Silent Hill & RE get thread revamps all the time, I don't see why this is an issue. Plus I asked a mod and they said it was okay, the old thread is going to be close.
You didn't explain why this thread needed a revamp, you cited other threads that also got revamps, without stating why those ones needed them either.

Quote:
How is it misleading? The trailer opens saying the game is a work in progress, everyone who's seen it so far knows it's just to show off the engine and that it doesn't represent the final product. KH1, KHII, & KH3D all had trailers that ended up just being something to tease the feel of the game and had nothing to do with the final product.
People will draw from it what they see. The trailer still states that the game is in development, and it is fair that trailers can be released for projects that are still young, but it feels like it's sating an appetite. People wanted a gameplay trailer, so they released a gameplay trailer, not necessarily a gameplay trailer that is representative of the final game. I think they should have waited til a more mature build to release it. As is, the first half of the trailer seems like a pre-alpha build used to make the fanboys squeeeee in delight now that gameplay has been released. The second half is some horridly cinematic mess that looks like it would control awfully in real gameplay, but likely won't make it into the final build.
Old 16-10-13, 17:58   #25
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

If you bothered to read the OP, I state why I wanted a new thread. And thank you as well for the comment on the OP.

As for it being made to hold people over, you are correct. If Nomura had his way nothing would be shown until it's completely ready. However, we have KH fans to blame for SE pushing Nomura to release footage. The game is still in early development, we probably won't get some finalized concepts until next E3. Still, I don't see why people can't be excited about them showing us some of the feel they have planned for the game.

I for one was happy with what was shown, mainly because I wanted to see how they planned on making the world & characters look on the next gen engine.
Old 16-10-13, 18:07   #26
domino92

Quote:
If you bothered to read the OP, I state why I wanted a new thread. And thank you as well for the comment on the OP.
That explanation makes no sense though. A fresh start because new games have come out? But it's a general KH discussion thread, same as the last one. No new discussion will happen here that wouldn't have happened in the old one. You could have just edited the OP of the old thread and it would have been just as fresh.

If the mods want to deal with a bunch of locked threads lying around with redundant ones being opened, that's their choice. Personally, I wouldn't allow it, but I'm not a mod. I question why the mods are allowing this though, generally they are opposed to repeat threads... You got what you want though, I suppose that's all that matters to you.

Quote:
As for it being made to hold people over, you are correct. If Nomura had his way nothing would be shown until it's completely ready. However, we have KH fans to blame for SE pushing Nomura to release footage. The game is still in early development, we probably won't get some finalized concepts until next E3. Still, I don't see why people can't be excited about them showing us some of the feel they have planned for the game.

I for one was happy with what was shown, mainly because I wanted to see how they planned on making the world & characters look on the next gen engine.
I can't get excited because I know that the trailer isn't representative of the final game. All I got from that 'trailer' was that it looked similar to KH2 and it had a nice shader, which we already knew. I'm going to remain objective until I see some solid footage of a real build of the game.
Old 16-10-13, 18:44   #27
Camera Obscura

I think KH3D is their back up plan in case they can't release KH3 by 2015. What better way to stall for more time than to release Dream.Drop.Distance HD?
Camera Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-13, 18:56   #28
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Or maybe they'll release a KHIII.5 ReMIX after it's out for awhile with a KHIII Final Mix & 3D HD...
Old 16-10-13, 18:58   #29
GUMI

Great work on the OP!

I'm pretty much new to the series (Yes, I know i'm slow)
And I've only played KH1, And I really enjoyed it!
GUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-13, 19:06   #30
Shark_Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMI View Post
Great work on the OP!

I'm pretty much new to the series (Yes, I know i'm slow)
And I've only played KH1, And I really enjoyed it!
Wait til you get on KH2. Everything is better there tbh.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote