Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-02-18, 19:50   #1
HD Simplicityy

Default How often do you replay games, including any Tomb Raider?

I've replayed both the reboot games once, for a total of two playthroughs each. Normal and Hard, with my Normal files at 100% completion.

For the last, say two or three years, I've looked at my small but growing stockpile of games and decide which ones to replay. When I was a teen I'd replay the older Halo campaigns - mainly CE-3, here and there, otherwise I spent a very large majority of my time with those games in multiplayer and custom games. Still loved replaying the trilogy. Always a blast. But jump to the last two to three years and I spend time deciding what to buy and what to replay. What goes through your mind if you make similar choices? For me, I replayed Tomb Raider before Rise came out on Hard (or Survivor...forget which one has it). And before that I finished collecting everything in TR.

I don't play on replaying either game before Shadow releases; got some other ideas. But due to classes and other activities I don't know precisely what I'll replay. I think the most desirable one is start replaying The Last of Us Remastered on the one year mark of me owning it and my PS 4 Slim, which is February 25th. No idea yet when Naughty Dog is releasing Part II, but I hope its this year. That way I'll have TLOU R done well before then.

Outside of that I have games I'm interested in replaying or buying, if I find time. Heh I said to my self a couple years ago I wanted to try the original Deus Ex. Didn't get to it. Last year I said the same about Prey. And nope! Didn't get to it. So in the end I replay games every few months or a few times a year if nothing new or upcoming has grabbed my attention.

One last thing: I wanted to post another thread about this, but its not necessary. I've considered giving the Metro games another try. I played a tiny bit of Metro 2033 a few years ago. Didn't grab me then. The new one - Exodus - looks really cool. Ought I to consider those? If so I'll pick up the Redux version. No other science fiction FPS has grabbed me like Halo has over the last thirteen or fourteen years...still could be a fun ride.

Last edited by HD Simplicityy; 02-02-18 at 19:54.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 21:49   #2
Eddie Haskell

I replay a ton of games, even some that date from the mid-90's. As for replaying modern titles I do not do that very much at all. Just recently I replayed from start to finish Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II and the original Crysis. And that's just recently.
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 21:53   #3
loom

Depends on the replay value of the particular game.
In general it's the RPG genre games that I replay the most, nothing else really comes close.
As for TR, I replay the classic games and TR Anniversary every few years probably.
loom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 22:37   #4
charmedangelin

I'd say classic Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 4, Dark Souls 1-2 are my most replayed games. Dark Souls 3 is new to me and so far I know I'm going to be replaying it. There are a lot of games I would like to replay, but I some I don't have the system anymore or the game. I've replayed a few Zelda and Phoeniz Write games too at some point.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 02-02-18 at 22:38.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 23:01   #5
ANoDE
Golden

I've played Monkey Island 3 countless times already for it being my absolute favourite. In general I tend to replay Lucas Arts Adventures the most often. I've replayed TR1 - TR3 a few times each already. The other 'classics' have probably been replayed only once - TR4 simply because it takes so much time to complete.
TR2013 has been replayed once (on PC, first playthrough was on PS3). Not sure if there'll be a second one.

Other than that there's the occasional game I replay - usually when a sequel is coming (that's why I've replayed the earlier Uncharted games a few times already also).
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 23:29   #6
NoahCrofRaider

I've replayed Sonic 1-3, Monkey Island 1 and 2, and TR1 and TR2 countless times, as these are some of my favorite games of all time. Also, I've been replaying Mario Odyssey a ton after completion. I want to fully replay TR4, so I'll hopefully have an even better view on the game. I want to replay Indy: Fate of Atlantis again too, just haven't gotten around to that yet.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 04:21   #7
Yuna´s Wish

Nowadays, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, or Bloodborne mostly. Going back to Sonic Mania or Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy feels good but the fresh feeling to them has completely faded away.

I can't go back to games with not so simple systems that I haven't touched for a while (how can I get back to Tales of Berseria's extra stuff when it's been months!?) or games that gave a magnificent but exaggeratedly LONG ride the first time (like The Witcher 3 or Persona 5). The Dark Souls/Bloodborne series, just like the classic TR or Resident Evil games, have an impressive degree of replayability and they're surprisingly easy to come back to. I imagine that the fact that the story doesn't get in the way of entertainment helps quite a lot.

The question was how often, so I'll say that quite often when it's Dark Souls. It's a zone of comfort.

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 03-02-18 at 04:24.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 06:51   #8
PS3_Gamer

I think my most replayed games are PoP: The Sands of Time, PoP: The Two Thrones and the Tomb Raider Trilogy (TRL, TRA and TRU).
PS3_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 07:08   #9
wmcintosh
Inactive

Not interested in other games. Will play TR (1 through 6, bonus and extra levels), when there is really nothing else to do. Or winter weather takes hold and get trapped at home.
wmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 07:10   #10
biscuits

I mostly replay western RPGs. I replayed Dragon Age Inquisition twice, each playthrough lasting about 80 hours. I'm on my third playthrough of Witcher 3 and on my second with Horizon Zero Dawn. The boredom is setting in on those two games though, they don't offer much player choice in terms of customizing your character (skills,vocations,etc).

As for other games I replayed a lot, I can only think of TR2013. I must have played that game 50 times
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote