Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 30-04-16, 16:23   #21
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak View Post
The difference between games and novels is that games already have the visual elements so it won't make much sense for those who play to watch something they can't interact with. It'll just be like one entire huge cutscene to gamers.
Yeah, but at least it'll (hopefully) be a cutscene with good writing and good acting. We haven't seen Lara Croft in one of those for quite some time.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 16:31   #22
OrangeFr3ak

It can still be an origins story with a slightly older Lara, for example movie Lara would have finished post-grad studies and/or musuem experience but none in the field, meaning to say it would be the first time she goes for an expedition on her own accord.

Last edited by OrangeFr3ak; 30-04-16 at 16:33.
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 00:41   #23
Murphdawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ View Post
Exactly the same way that moviegoers flock to films based on books they've already read -- if they loved the book (or in this case, the game), they'll flock to the movie in droves.
I think it's a little different. I don't think any of us want to see the exact same thing in the movie that we already saw in the game.
Murphdawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 00:43   #24
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
I think it's a little different. I don't think any of us want to see the exact same thing in the movie that we already saw in the game.
yes I think same. I don't think they will reprise whole plot of game into movie.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 10:25   #25
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
It can't be -- any game or book adapted into a movie has to have changes, the narrative doesn't work the same. I expect the movie will have much more dialogue, i.e., we won't see Lara spending 90% of the movie killing Solarii. But I do expect the overall story to be similar.
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote