Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 01-09-12, 16:04   #1
Alex Shepherd

Default I wonder what version it is?

Sorry the title is

What Version Is It?

The first Tomb Raider I bought on PS1 was Tomb Raider 5 and there is a huge different between PS1 and PC , PC well developed and no errors but when I bought it again on PSN it's the same as PC.

Here I'll name it
Original Version: Is the PC game and the PSN (Which doesn't contain any errors)
Weird Version: Is the PS1 which the first game I bought

And here's the list:
- When the FMV start, you can't hear a thing only music that is taken from Tomb Raider 4 when she ride the jeep (All the FMVs are like that) unlike the original version where you can totally hear everything what they say when any FMV starts
- On the first level where you take the golden israilian-star key garden where you shoot larson, it's a short crate for the original TR5 but weird one it's a little longer.
- First FMV when Lara places the second key, you see a view of the garden interior, including a small building with three gargoyles. When she enters the garden and approaches the gargoyle building, go to the right corner and left, you'll face a dog doberman before the (bell scene appear) this is for the weird version, but there you will not encounter any dog for the original one.
- in the third level where the floor starts to crumbles beneath Lara's feet revealing a lava pit below.
Original version: There is a crawl space just where the broken floor ends.
Weird version: There is no crawl space, there is a big space to the left of the wall far from Lara where the lava is, where you have to back down and hold action and she will climb the wall just like climbing a ladder, you must go left far away to reach the large space and push the button.
- 3rd level: The way of pushing the button
Original: She push it on her both hands
Weird: She push it only using one hand
- 6th level Deepsea Drive
Original: While taking the golden flower it reads secret (1 to 1)
Weird: After taking it, it actually reads as (1 to 3)
- 7th level
Same as 6th Original, it's 2 on 2 but the weird its 2 on 3 (After collecting the secrets)
- The 13th floor level where you have to shoot the padlock, the duct collapses, dumping Lara into the room with the guy in the armored suit. after killing him, climb back up, drop through the opening in the floor into the duct below. Go through the duct with the slats and loud explosions. Pick up the (small medipak) for the original version but it's actually a (Golden Flower) for the fake version on the floor after climbing the ladder.

I don't know if there are other different things because I stopped here for the weird version and continued for the PC because I preferred the PC, but after downloading TR5 on PSN it's the same as PC not the weird version. I thought this happens only for PS1 and then I realized I am wrong, what version is it if anybody know these stuffs?

Last edited by Alex Shepherd; 01-09-12 at 16:36.
Alex Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-12, 16:11   #2
jackles

I edited the title for you.
jackles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-12, 16:35   #3
Alex Shepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackles View Post
I edited the title for you.
Thank you jackles
Alex Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-12, 16:53   #4
Phlip
Inactive

I think you had a beta version. Apparently some retail shops in certain places in the world sold the beta versions for some reason.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote