Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 02-08-16, 07:12   #1
JuditePrince12

Default New Online Modes in Next Tomb Raider

Post ideas about an online mode or extra cooperative game mode in the next Tomb Raider. Let your imagination run wild!

Personally I believe there should be a new create your own tomb mode. With this you can create spooky crypts with dangerous and challenging platforming. Of course you have a to follow certain templates to make it fair and possible. From their you could upload these levels to game to where other people can access them and play the tomb with their friends.

And to top it all off you can create a Raid Tomb. These tombs are specially designed to be raided by opposing teams. Once these tomb are created you choose a side with other people. You then race to the middle of the tomb to find the artifact. However you must dodge obstacles and traps that stand in your, as well as enemies. Once you win for your team you earn upgrades for your character and team to help combat your enemies.

Last edited by Rai; 04-08-16 at 12:27.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 04:10   #2
SamCactus101

Whoa. A Create-A-Tomb mode? And map for other's to play them? Sounds interesting. MineCraft and FarCry comes to mind. I remember the Tony Hawk games which had Create a Skatepark mode. Which was interesting but I didn't use it a lot.

If I were to create my own tomb, it's gonna have random traps haha. Not at every corner and turn but somewhere unexpected.

1) Spike and fire traps from walls and ceilings if you step on a pressure pad.
2) Rolling boulders where the only way to escape is to explode it, not run from it.
3) A hidden trigger mechanism for creepie crawlies.

And awesome platforming around the ruins. And a stockpile of treasure at the end of the puzzle. I'm not very creative at making puzzles though.
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 08:31   #3
Phlip
Inactive

Not interested in online modes at all, tbh,.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 08:54   #4
ThatSassyKid

The co-op Endurance is a nice touch, but as much as I love the TR2013 multiplayer, I wouldn't want it to come back in another game.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 09:10   #5
SamCactus101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
but as much as I love the TR2013 multiplayer, I wouldn't want it to come back in another game.
Good
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 09:21   #6
dcw123

TBQH Multiplayer does not suit TR - it always felt tagged on.

I do however love extra modes for SP - I really miss the Time Trials from Legend and TRA.

I know Rise had a kind of Timed Run thing - but no clock actually appeared on screen, and you could not fail - you just didn't get any points.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 09:22   #7
ThatSassyKid

^ I just thought it was a nice and fun optional feature
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 12:06   #8
Lara_Fan1

I do like the idea of having a Create a Tomb mode, it reminds me of Create a Mission mode in Infamous 2 but I can't help feel that if you wanted to create a Tomb then go make one on the Level Editor we have.

As for me, I don't really like online modes, the multiplayer in Tomb Raider wasn't excellent and proved to me that Tomb Raider should be single player only. I think they should keep online to what they have now, it seems to work well. I'll know first hand once the PS4 version is available.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 14:55   #9
Daring Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I do like the idea of having a Create a Tomb mode, it reminds me of Create a Mission mode in Infamous 2 but I can't help feel that if you wanted to create a Tomb then go make one on the Level Editor we have.
I think having Create a Tomb mode would be much easier and more accessible than TRLE though. I don't know how LE works, heck, I can't even play levels because I don't have Windows. I think having a streamlined version of it would be nice.
Daring Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-16, 02:12   #10
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
The co-op Endurance is a nice touch, but as much as I love the TR2013 multiplayer, I wouldn't want it to come back in another game.
Though I love how Tomb Raider still follows the linear path of the old games in some aspects, you have to keep in mind that us fans are not the only ones who buy these new Tomb Raider games. You (Not literally) can't make a decisions off your personal feelings. Think logically. The main reason why Tomb Raider didn't sell as much, next to the obvious reason (Xbox Timed-Exclusive), is because is didn't introduce anything that added new content to grab in other types of gamers. It can't be as successful as it can be without doing something new. That's why if we introduce a game mode that can bring in other people but staying true to Tomb Raider it can keep the Franchise afloat. It doesn't have to follow the stereotypical online mode of Team Death Match, Free For-All, Capture The Flag etc.. Like its predecessor.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote