Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 22-06-18, 17:33   #11
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
Or you can download the multipatcher from Nakamichi680. See here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=310
Thanks! I think I might do that.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 18:01   #12
SrDanielPonces

I think the PS2 version is better than PC, even with patches.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 18:11   #13
ActuallyArlow

Default Graph Set w/o patches [but use with patches if u do get them]

I don't know if any of this will help, but something I noticed about the PC version is how washed out the default graphics looked when starting the game, the colours look grey ish compared to the PS2 version, it's a shame cos other than that they are ahead of their time in terms of 2003 if you set them right. Before booting it up, I go to settings and click the graphics tab: enable every button that gives the option 'enable' [example: enable fog] and set characters to high etc because I think they are at medium by default depending on your PC. Once you boot the game it will take you to the menu, and select options and go to display settings. There should be 'Gamma Correction' and just lower it to atleast 85-87% according to your taste. It might be too much or too little but it's up to you.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 18:18   #14
NoahCrofRaider

Graphics-wise, everything looks pretty good for me. And of course, I always loved how beautiful the game and specifically AoD Lara looked, so I’m good there.

The controls were my main concern, given how many issues I know there are with the default ones. I gave vanilla AoD a shot (just for fun), and those controls definitely need work. I’ll be installing Sasho’s recovery/controls patch for sure.
Old 22-06-18, 21:37   #15
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I barely started, and I was going to ask if you could disable the walk-run mode? Because when I want to start running, I don’t want to start off walking first. (I apologize if this is out in the open in the setup or something and I missed it. )
I’m a PS2 Guy here and I know you’re on PC but I know on PS2 if you just push forward the analog stick she goes to a walk the run, but if you flick the stick forward she skips the walk part and goes straight to a run.

There must be some way to get that on the PC as well. I know it’s in the game on PS2. I can’t imagine they would leave it out on PC, especially after all these years
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 21:39   #16
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I’m a PS2 Guy here and I know you’re on PC but I know on PS2 if you just push forward the analog stick she goes to a walk the run, but if you flick the stick forward she skips the walk part and goes straight to a run.

There must be some way to get that on the PC as well. I know it’s in the game on PS2. I can’t imagine they would leave it out on PC, especially after all these years
Yeah, I even chose to test if a certain amount of pressure on the up key would do the trick and sadly, it did not. I think nakamichi980’s multipatcher has a fix for it, but I’ll need to check to be certain.
Old 22-06-18, 22:48   #17
SunDormant

I kind of forgot to tell you that: if the possibility of playing AOD on PS2 is available for you, go for that instead. I've never played it on that platform myself, but I've seen how it features so many things that would need mods to work on PC! Even small details like footprints, or the snow in Prague (completely absent in PC), are worthy.
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 23:02   #18
HarleyCroft

Get the AoDSCU!!

Some of my favourite gaming memories of all time are exploring every nook and cranny of the levels by flying around It's still astonishing how much detail is put into almost every area

Plus if you get stuck by an unfortunate glitch (such as saving right before the infamous Sanctuary of the Flame fire wave) you can just revive and continue. Some say flying past crappy levels like the Breath of Hades is cheating.. but then again it's not like the game always plays fair
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 23:26   #19
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDormant View Post
I kind of forgot to tell you that: if the possibility of playing AOD on PS2 is available for you, go for that instead. I've never played it on that platform myself, but I've seen how it features so many things that would need mods to work on PC! Even small details like footprints, or the snow in Prague (completely absent in PC), are worthy.
Nah, I don’t have a PS2. Otherwise I think I would give it a try though.

As for AoD SCU, I want to play the game the regular way, so I’ll pass for now. However, I might get it later on.
Old 22-06-18, 23:41   #20
HarleyCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
As for AoD SCU, I want to play the game the regular way, so I’ll pass for now. However, I might get it later on.
You say that now..
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote