Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 06-02-18, 15:51   #1
annl

Smile Peter Connelly's Revised TRC Theme for Chronicles

There is a huge lack of mods for Chronicles so I thought I’d make one.

As some of you know, Peter Connelly released a playlist of TR Chronicles music on SoundCloud with previously unheard tracks.

Of all of the tracks, I particularly liked the revised opening title theme with the TR1 theme at the end. I really wanted this in the game but realized the track was too long (about 6 secs).

Here is the page with the revised track:
https://soundcloud.com/peter-conz-co...r-v-chronicles

So after some work merging the original and revised ending to the theme above I was able to make a revised title theme that in my opinion sounds much better.

Just to clarify, the link to the soundcloud track above is not the same track as the download below, if you listen to the ending of the track above the ending is what has been changed in the download, nothing else.

It's in a wav file that works in TR Chronicles, so feel free to use it. It syncs perfectly so the track won't skip at the end.

Peter Connelly said this is the version of the track he wanted to have in the game.

I hope it is OK and it is perfectly fine for me to upload this track. The revised theme is only available from SoundCloud so I had to download it from a third party site to edit it.
I will remove it if I'm not allowed.

Here is the revised theme for download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p5dk3w...20for%20TRC.7z

Enjoy!

Credits:
Peter Connelly for the brilliant track.

Last edited by annl; 06-02-18 at 19:33. Reason: Clarification
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 18:47   #2
Zelda master

The intro without sound effects? That's so awesome, but I feel like something is missing now. It's not the rain, but I can't put my finger on what...

Edit: The revised download is not the same as the one as the link has. It has the bell (which is what's missing!) and the rain sound effects which are missing on the Soundcloud upload. It's really awesome that Peter is doing this though. Absolutely terrific work that after all these years we're still getting new-ish stuff of these old games. I can't wait to know whatever it is that's happening later in the year with AOD.

Last edited by Zelda master; 06-02-18 at 18:55.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 19:27   #3
annl

Default To clarify...

No, I altered it by merging the original intro with the revised ending. If I had converted it as it was it would be six seconds too long. As a result, I merged the two together so it would fit.

If you listen to the one on soundcloud, the ending part which sounds like the TR Theme is what is new.

The download is NOT the same as the soundcloud track, it is the original and soundcloud track merged together. The download has the bell.

Simply put, I removed the original ending and replaced it with the soundcloud ending.

My fault, I didn’t phrase it correctly.

EDIT: I edited the first post to clarify.

Last edited by annl; 06-02-18 at 19:34.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-18, 12:04   #4
Chamayoo

Nice ! I would love a 2 or 3 minutes version. I always feel like it was just an intro of a real main theme, fading away too soon.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote