Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 16-07-07, 11:22   #51
TigerEye

Thumbs up

Thanks, Dionisus!
TigerEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 11:07   #52
mirh

Can you also upload sources of this on github?
mirh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 13:01   #53
ANoDE
Golden

Hi,
I'm not sure they even exist anymore. I'll have a look.

----

EDIT:
As with the Legend SCU I rewrote the Anniversary SCU from scratch and uploaded the sources to GitHub:

Release v0.0.1.0:
https://github.com/ANoDE85/PyTRASCU/...s/tag/v0.0.1.0

Sources:
https://github.com/ANoDE85/PyTRASCU/

Please note that I didn't test all the options yet. Feel free to fix any problems you find.

Last edited by ANoDE; 11-03-18 at 14:50.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-18, 13:21   #54
your evil twin

This is fantastic! Thank you so much!

It's great being able to do a new, first-time playthough and choose any outfit for any level rather than needing to unlock them and being limited to only wearing special outfits when replaying levels.

Replaying levels never had much appeal for me, because any artifacts/relics you already found are no longer there to be collected, which takes away half the fun. It's therefore much nicer to do a fresh playthrough on a new profile and collect everything.

Also, this is really great for using TexMod to give Lara other outfits, many of which rely on other outfits like the Camouflage outfit.

I hate how in the standard game Lara starts the first level wearing her standard shorts and bare arms, even though in the first level she's in the snow! (At least in original 1996 Tomb Raider you saw her arrive wearing a big coat, that she gets rid of when she fights the wolves and goes inside. That's one of the few areas where TRA does not improve over the original!)

Unfortunately NONE of of TRA's default outfits look very suitable for cold weather - it has her TR2 wetsuit but not her TR2 winter jacket, despite Legend having it - but using the SCU and TexMod I can have her play the first level in her TR3 Antarctica outfit, which is a replacement skin for the Camouflage outfit from Angel of Darkness. Then I figure when she gets to the Lost Valley with the dinosaurs, can have her change into her standard jungle outfit, since it seems rather warmer there, what with the vegetation and so-on.

By the way, I'm playing the Steam version of the game. To use both the SCU and TexMod together with the Steam version, I had to do a bunch of things. Here's my step-by-step process:
  1. Rename the main Tomb Raider Annivesary exectuable from TRA.exe to TRA original.exe
  2. Rename the TexMod exectuable to TRA.exe
  3. Find Steam.dll in your main Steam folder (in my case it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam) and copy it into your Tomb Raider Anniversary folder. This is important, otherwise the game will complain that it can't find Steam!
  4. Run TRU_SCU.exe (can be anywhere on your computer), and choose an outfit (in my case, AOD Lara, also known as Camouflage). Also choose a specific level to start on, or simply choose the main menu (and then start a game or load a game in the normal manner)
  5. When you click 'Run' in the SCU, instead of actually running TRA, it will instead start Texmod! Then in TexMod choose TRA original.exe as your Target Application.
  6. In TexMod, click the little folder icon to browse and choose your replacement modded outfit (in my case, TRA Antartica Outfit, which is a mod of the AOD Camoflague outfit).
  7. Click Run. The game will now launch. Whatever level you play on, Lara will be wearing your chosen modded outfit, without you needing to unlock anything or replay any levels. Hooray!
your evil twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-18, 13:55   #55
pgert

It's easy to reduce or remove the cinematic blackbars in TRA.

Using a HexEditor, search for "00 00 40 BF" which will give two matches.
Change these into "00 00 60 BF" for 50%, or into "00 00 80 BF" for 0%.

Next, search downwards for "00 00 40 3F",
and change the first two matches into "00 00 60 3F" for 50%,
or into "00 00 80 3F" for 0%.

This could be a nice feature in your TRA SCU, yes?
The same method can't be used on TRL though.
pgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-18, 17:46   #56
ANoDE
Golden

Thanks for this information

Currently, this SCU just writes a config file compatible with TRA's debug options. Hex-Editing binaries or Memory-Patching is not supported (yet).

It's good to know how it *would* work though in case someone wants to have that feature.
Old 25-04-18, 15:35   #57
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Just noticed this update on the original TRA SCU that does not work on later windows.
(UPDATE.....Download link by ANODE in message 53).

I have tried it on my Win7 computer and cannot get it running as there is a missing dll. Any advice how to sort this? MICROSOFT .NET Framework 2.0 is installed.

I do not like going to 'find missing dll' websites as a lot of them have adware and viruses.

Last edited by The Great Chi; 25-04-18 at 15:53.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 17:03   #58
pgert

@ The Great Chi:
I have VSC++ runtimes 2008, 2013 & 2017 installed, and it works just fine on my Win10.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/...al-c-downloads
pgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 22:05   #59
ANoDE
Golden

Hi,
this problem seems to be caused by a missing dependency in windows. It usually is resolvable by
* Installing Windows Updates
* Installing the Windows C runtime from Microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ime-in-windows)
* Installing the Visual Studio C++ redistributable for VS 2015

Please let me know if any of this works.
Old 26-04-18, 14:02   #60
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Hi, Please let me know if any of this works.
Thanks Anode, I tried Installing Window C runtime and Visual Studio C++, but have not done Window updates, as I have avoided window updates for many years as they were messing up my Win7 computer a lot.

Result was that another dll was missing, so AE SCU not working.

I have decided not to bother with the AE SCU, as its more bother to my computer, than its worth having. Thanks anyway. Cheers Chi
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote