www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 16-01-17, 17:56   #41
DJ Full
Professor

Location: Merry Galaxy of Late Christmas Gifts. Star collision imminent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODfan View Post
not a problem especially with all the tools we have (...) I converted the sounds and added them using the old Core method.
Are these new tools really good if you chose the old method? I wonder if this could be it - some uncharted glitch not occuring in the old workflow... Oddly, I didn't have issues when using SFX Manager, and I do when using the Sound Editor... which I began to use for better communication with other builders - the majority finds it better, so I thought if I learn it I'll be able to help... So far the result is opposite, it's me who needs help and also can't help whoever fails to use SFX Manager. Horribly, horribly, horribly frustrating. Sound fixing has so many variables it's really hard to hit the common ground and deduct what went wrong.
DJ Full is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-17, 19:02   #42
LoreRaider
Student

I've always modified sound.txt, and runned SFX_Example.bat, never used tools, which they can be useful, but not for me
I never had issues, especially one time, that strangely, my .txt file grew up of size and then messed up all the sound, but I've solved it immediately
Old 16-01-17, 19:45   #43
AODfan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
Are these new tools really good if you chose the old method? I wonder if this could be it - some uncharted glitch not occuring in the old workflow... Oddly, I didn't have issues when using SFX Manager, and I do when using the Sound Editor... which I began to use for better communication with other builders - the majority finds it better, so I thought if I learn it I'll be able to help... So far the result is opposite, it's me who needs help and also can't help whoever fails to use SFX Manager. Horribly, horribly, horribly frustrating. Sound fixing has so many variables it's really hard to hit the common ground and deduct what went wrong.
I've been using the old method since before we even got Sapper's and MagPlus' tools so I see no reason to switch to any of those programs. It's just what I'm most comfortable using and I think it allows me greater control over my sound effects. The tools should work fine, plenty of people are using them and they don't seem to have a problem but if you do find a bug you should probably report it.
Sound effects can be frustrating but simply assigning sound effects to a level shouldn't be a problem.
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-17, 21:07   #44
MrJavi94
Archaeologist

I've finished today Mordyga's level with all three secrets found. I still have to play Catacomb and some others.

I hope to get in time for the voting.