Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 24-11-16, 22:08   #6101
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Oh, this would be cool.

Are you talking about like a custom made TRAE demo or a TRLE level?
The aforementioned interview is somewhere in this vid

That being said don't expect anything soon. Heather (just like everyone from Core) has a full-time job and other commitments and as such they may have very limited time for side-projects like this.
I am however keeping on track with it and offered a few experienced TRLE enthusiasts to assist her if necessary. Honestly hope we get to play something from her and the others one day!
I also shared a petition with everyone from Core and some of them "liked" it so there's a hope!

Last edited by ashka; 24-11-16 at 22:11.
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 22:08   #6102
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
There are also 9 levels in TRA Retold that come close to core's TRAE.
Not really. They are more a blend of TRA and TR1 Xtra, with only a few TRAE elements thrown in. Lara's model is similar to TRAE Lara though.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 22:11   #6103
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Not really. They are more a blend of TRA and TR1 Xtra, with only a few TRAE elements thrown in.
Actually I am really hoping that either TRFreak or TRLE fans (or both?) will be inspired by all the stuff we posted in past few months, including the brief documents with details on the gameplay etc. and create their own vision of those. I am trying to get more info on the game every day for the past year and I am impressed with all the stuff we got so far so hoping it will be useful for fans as an inspiration to just MAKE IT HAPPEN.
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 22:23   #6104
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
Actually I am really hoping that either TRFreak or TRLE fans (or both?) will be inspired by all the stuff we posted in past few months, including the brief documents with details on the gameplay etc. and create their own vision of those. I am trying to get more info on the game every day for the past year and I am impressed with all the stuff we got so far so hoping it will be useful for fans as an inspiration to just MAKE IT HAPPEN.
It would be great if the community liked to do it. I mean, they are already doing BtB stuff that is basically a lot of leves with the same assets. Why not doing a "btb" TRAE??

In fact, TRA Retold has many TRAE elements. Like wall jump, ledge hopping, wall running, pole climbing, and some more. Yeah, it won't ever be the same. TRLE has many limitations. Unity and UE4 engines are way more capable of replicating it.

Moreover, I think the way to go would be creating a new TRLE in UE4. A "level creator", a new tool, but based on UE4. Make the basics, a good looking, user friendly interface, with the option of going deeper, but with the basic stuff already done.

I would love to have an easy to use level editor. I loved creating levels in Tenchu 2, for example. It was very simple, yet I had a lot of fun. I want the same for TR. TRLE is way too hard for me, even the most basic stuff.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 22:40   #6105
TombRaiderTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
I'm hoping that if we see more content of in-game levels from TRAE your side Ash, we would be able to create something along the lines of a fan TRAE with a very clear image of how Core envisioned it and thus being able to create something in TRLE which resembles it much closer due to seeing different angels of the rooms from your screenshots you provide on your website, I know w have skilled Meta people out on the forums who can see something on an image and be able to replicate that quite well, it would not be 100% the same but it will be as close as we could get to a TRAE experience.

TRAR was heavily influenced by TRAE and attempted to input some of those features in game, (Lara hiding behind the tree, discovering the T-Rex, The large spider trap dragging lara down and killing her, exc) though it was not implemented well, it was clear that the game was to be styled in that way but had to use the high definition resources available which is why people turn to TRA and TRX when it comes to a remake, texture wise due to the lack of available textures provided from the TRAE and before we had these screenshots of TRAE, lack of creative influences to design architecture which also lead to people looking at TRA for influence.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 24-11-16 at 22:45.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 14:11   #6106
Xopax

I was just thinking about a way SQ could make easy money with this game, and i *think* it would be good idea to release this as part of the LC universe for iOs/Android devices. They would spend little money to finish this game, since it would be a mobile game and most of it was already done.
Just finish the levels and change Lara's model to match their LC games series.

I honestly don't know what would be the problem here, they don't need authorization of no one, since the game belongs to SQ now, maybe they don't want to credit Core for their work, but that's very silly if you ask me.

Anyway, that was just a idea i had to show the game could still be profitable, hopefully it makes sense.
Xopax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-16, 14:39   #6107
Zebra

^It's difficult to say how simple such a process would actually be. First off, there may be legal issues regarding the game's engine. Keep in mind that Core Design and their tech (including the Free Running engine) were sold to Rebellion. We don't know whether Eidos retained the right to use that engine after the sale. Then there's the problem of getting it ported over to iOS and Android and we can't really know how complicated or easy that would be. It would probably be easiest to hire some of the ex-Core people who worked on it as they know the tech. Again, though, that would take time and money. Then you have to keep in mind that no work on the voice-overs or soundtrack had started and that (IIRC) a lot of the enemy AI was unfinished, as well as many of the enemies' models and their animations (in addition to the missing/unfinished levels). Not to mention that the controls would have to be reworked for smartphones which could prove rather difficult, depending on what the exact control scheme looked like.

I mean, yeah, the game was quite far along but that doesn't mean that it didn't still need a lot of work. Budget-wise it probably wouldn't be that expensive for a company like Square but it also wouldn't be a matter of pushing a one-click-port button and they probably simply don't think it'd be worth the effort. I'd love to be proven wrong, though. Or at the very least have them released the unfinished version of the game for free. (Though personally, I'd pay full-price even for the unfinished game.)
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-17, 11:48   #6108
Reggie

Is this new?
http://www.kevcrossley.com/tomb-raider-tae-concept-art/

Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-17, 12:26   #6109
Caesum

Not really new, but thank you for showing it up again. I still cannot believe just how similar Amanda and Natla are.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-17, 16:41   #6110
ajrich17901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Nope, just hardly ever posted on here for some reason.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote