Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 10-10-18, 11:25   #581
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
OMG it's so beautiful, and I love the improvements in the house!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Michaels View Post
The new staircases in the house look amazing! Really well done ��
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Ah I really love the improvements, and what you've shown part 2! I just started playing your TR2 revised recently, haven't gotten very far yet. It's been great so far! I really like the changes you made to help keep the experience fresh but also still reminiscent of the original game.
Thanks! Remember to save before the Venice boat timed run. It can only be pushed once. So you'll have to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
I'm a bit concerned about those water lilies being in the ocean, but otherwise it looks good!
Concerned is a strong word for a plant Yes I did think about the lilypads too, but I just thought they look really nice in the caves, I didn't want to be restricted too much on the realism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Ocean or sea doesn't matter. Same thing. Both have salt water and that's not a place for waterlilies.

It is looking great indeed!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
^ Maria Doria sank beneath the sea, not ocean if I recall correct. Also, I may be completely wrong, but isn't 40 fathoms == 74 meters deep according to British unit? In that case it doesn't seem that deep, especially since for example Mediterranean Sea is about 1 500 m deep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
Damn, I thought a phantom was far more than 1.8 meters deep! Since I dive myself for a living the unrealism of Lara happily swimming around the ocean floor without any problems always annoyed me a bit, but 74 meters is a lot more realistic (don't get me wrong, the level set is still highly unrealistic, but now it could be worse! ).
Yeah I'm not too worried about the numbers tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
It looks amazing. Your Home upgrades are great!

I've always loved the wreck. It is a beautiful tomb, since it's probably the final resting place of a lot of people. I also like that it is probably the most secluded area Lara has ever been. It's the only place in TR2 where I think all the baddies are redundant.

So you could take it this way. 40 phantoms is just an underwater exploration level (though why the temple? Unless there is a story-wise explanation, it seems a bit coïncidential...) Wreck of Maria Doria and Living quarters you could probably combine into one bigger level. Would be interesting to see it without any baddies, but make it a bit more spooky with ghosts and stuff. Really create this idea of seclusion. Lots of dripping water and the pressure of tons of ocean pushing against the rusty walls.

The Deck could be the level where the enemy does finally arrive and the battle for the Seraph begins.

Just some ideas
Thanks for the ideas! I had planned that the sea level and 40 Fathoms wouldn't have any enemies accept Sharks. So Lara is alone most of the time, focusing more on atmosphere. The Maria Doria level is when some enemies would start to appear but it would be less than the original levels.

The Maria Doria is quite a large level anyway I'm not sure if it could be combined with Living Quarters but it's definitely a thought! It could be worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Lovely job, but the temple seems really out of place and random - both in terms of the original level.. and the possible location of Maria Doria.

The temple looks Thailand inspired, but didn't the Maria Doria sink somewhere in Europe?

The way I see it, Maria Doria set off from Italy/Venice and sank on its way to China? Or perhaps it sank travelling BACK from China since the Monk mentions Gianni stole the Seraph from Barkhang Monastery and was on his way back to Venice (their hideout) with it?

http://www.imagebam.com/image/963558212766435

Of course, I could be totally wrong, but thats what I think.
What about some other smaller shipwrecks or sunken ships to explore? Sunken caves etc etc

Its your game at the end of the day - just putting in my 2 cents
Thanks! Yes in this version I have the ship in the Med sea from leaving Italy. Like you have sourced that's where the Oil rig was located too.

The temple does seem a bit out of place but I wanted to add a actual puzzle into the level somehow, and wouldn't be able to do that with just caves. I do have sea caves as well to explore. I'm not sure about other small wrecks to go into because there's already 4 levels inside the ship anyway I don't wanna just build that. It may feel a little different but oh well I wanted to build something new to the level.

Also I hope the screenshots aren't too dark. My screen has been annoying me recently. In game the level is fine
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 15:35   #582
bigfoot

I really like these news update Bradley.
Very impatient to discovered your 40 phatoms .

Not really people know that but an hypothetical sunken continent called Kamuri Kandam was supposed to be destroy in the Indian Ocean .
I search in internet and the civilisation was a bit like Bradley screen, a mix between Indian and khmer.
Maybe Maria Doria sunk near the ruins of a city of this continent .
bigfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 09:31   #583
Sabatu

This is incredible.. But I do not why, but I thin lara should discover a grand cave with THE DECK after temple, then Living Quarters, then 40 phantoms and at the end she should discover Wreck of Maria Doria where she will find safe with seraph .. I think this will make more sense / just my opinion
Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 13:27   #584
steven35175

Nice news I also wonder if those part 1 levels are going to change or not . I love the new floor in the kitchen of the Croft Manor
steven35175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 15:44   #585
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
I really like these news update Bradley.
Very impatient to discovered your 40 phatoms .

Not really people know that but an hypothetical sunken continent called Kamuri Kandam was supposed to be destroy in the Indian Ocean .
I search in internet and the civilisation was a bit like Bradley screen, a mix between Indian and khmer.
Maybe Maria Doria sunk near the ruins of a city of this continent .
That could well be the case haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatu View Post
This is incredible.. But I do not why, but I thin lara should discover a grand cave with THE DECK after temple, then Living Quarters, then 40 phantoms and at the end she should discover Wreck of Maria Doria where she will find safe with seraph .. I think this will make more sense / just my opinion
That's an interesting idea! But too late for me now

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven35175 View Post
Nice news I also wonder if those part 1 levels are going to change or not . I love the new floor in the kitchen of the Croft Manor
Yes the kitchen looks soo good compared to what it was. The part 1 levels will remain more or less the same, but bugs will be fixed, maybe some more items placed. Just polishing some general feedback. But I don't think anything will be expanded upon.

For Part 2 I'm definitely not going to create any tedious gameplay and over complicated areas like some in Part 1. At the end of the day it's got to be fun to play otherwise I won't even want to play it
Old 12-10-18, 06:29   #586
yesrushdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraider4ever View Post
Yes, it seams like it's the biggest I can use, it works but not the fmv's, I have tried all the fix settings.
I'm coming late to the party as I just found out about the part I release.

I was getting the direct x error message until I tried the third "no waiting for refresh" option. I don't know if it helped, but I also right clicked on the exe file, selected properties and security, then chose the run as administrator option. I'm running the game at 1920x1080 (32 bit along with the 32 bit texture depth) in full screen and can see the fmvs.
yesrushdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-18, 16:07   #587
TRJTA

I'm so glad you guys like the improvements of the manor. There are so many improvements left to see! Can't wait for everyone to play the updated manor level. I put so many days, weeks and hours of work into it. I really want it to be the best looking classic Manor level ever made.

The thing I'm especially proud of is the realistic proportions of all the objects in the level. I designed a measure system in which Lara is exactly 1.725 meters long, and one block exactly 2.30 meters high. This allowed me to carefully measure and change all objects sizes to real world proportions. It makes the level feel so much more realistic and Lara much less of a weird child/midget she used to be so many times in the classic Tomb Raiders. Core Design never got that right themselves either somehow.
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 06:48   #588
pawelek115

I am glad that you are continuing your project.
40 Fathoms at an advanced stage of work
Certainly the levels of Maria Doria and the Temple of Xian are the coolest to design. Living Quarters and The Deck also belong to those levels that are a pleasure for the player.
For me personally, the whole depth of the wreck is great so I'm waiting for it more than in Tibet.
pawelek115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-18, 12:37   #589
mizuno_suisei

I just finished Part 1 about about an hour.

Bravo! Honestly man. You have truly captured the escence of Tomb Raider II, and used the elements wonderfully that were introduced up to Chronicles as the engines final resting place. I had a really fun time and look forward to whatever greets us in Part 2.

I may just be picky, but sometimes I really loathe TR4s dynamic lighting system when it comes to dark textures. Those whites in unnatural light, somehow manage to wash out the surrounding shades. I'm talking about the great wall. The only thing, which occupies the only side of my mind that made me think "suggestions wise" for your adventure so far. The most minor of complaints - how about playing a bit more with that cavernous lighting (im only really talking about the first rooms btw) and even a more seamless cave rock texture split for your rerelease. I haven't read the entire thread, but I hope you take it into account.

I'm still really amped. I so wish there was more!

Side thought - should make an ingame cheat to enable All Level Select �� yeah I sometimes cheated on these games when I was younger - why not. It's there and its cool! I blame my love for Uzis, and love playing the offshore levels off bat ��

Theres a manual on this forum of how to 'simulate' dual magnums in the sixshooter slot..that would be freaking amazing! Love the roar those automatic pistols make when originally shot together

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 01-11-18 at 12:43.
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-19, 12:49   #590
Tombraider95

Arrow

~ Update Package ~

I wanted to finally get this released for everyone to play!

The update package contains:

A new look to Lara's Home. Gameplay remains mostly the same but with many new details around the manor. Definitely worth another play.

Venice speedboat bug fix.

Other minor small fixes in the diary pages, audio, title and script.

Download the update here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cil0gxgwaa...ckage.zip?dl=0

You still need the full download from trle.net:

http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=3054

You just need to replace the files from the update download into the full folder. Check the readme for more details.

Big thanks to TRJTA for the extra details on the manor and for helping me with the update!

Have fun!