Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-07-17, 15:49   #21
Cochrane
Golden

Holy ****, is Portal really going to be ten years old this year? I bet there are people out there who don't even know what "the cake is a lie" means anymore…

In more classic scores, Skyrim and the other Elder Scrolls games (in particular Morrowind) are great; Skyrim still holds the distinction of being one of the very few menu theme songs that is both loud and notable, but not annoying.

Mirror's Edge is still the second-best game with experimental gameplay, stark visuals and an ending song called "Still Alive". Really like that one.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-17, 16:02   #22
TRfan23
Golden

^ I prefer the LPO version

I actually had never heard of Portal myself until around 2010.
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-17, 16:24   #23
Nigel Cassidy

Everything from Mass Effect 2
'Leaving Earth' from Mass Effect 3
'Amanda's ship' from TR Underworld
'Ezio's Family' from AC 2
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-17, 18:25   #24
HD Simplicityy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post

Holy ****, is Portal really going to be ten years old this year? I bet there are people out there who don't even know what "the cake is a lie" means anymore…

In more classic scores, Skyrim and the other Elder Scrolls games (in particular Morrowind) are great; Skyrim still holds the distinction of being one of the very few menu theme songs that is both loud and notable, but not annoying.

Mirror's Edge is still the second-best game with experimental gameplay, stark visuals and an ending song called "Still Alive". Really like that one.
Still Alive is great! I like it a lot. Mirrors Edge does a good job with atmosphere, yeah. Skyim menu music lul. I love the theme to it though. Never gets old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRfan23 View Post
^ I prefer the LPO version

I actually had never heard of Portal myself until around 2010.
I was late to the Portal party as well. I played Portal 2 years ago with my brother on Xbox 360. Somewhat enjoyed it. I had to play part of Portal for a school assignment, not kidding, earlier this year. Ended up finishing the whole thing. Short game, but pretty fun. Not one of my favorite games by any stretch though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Everything from Mass Effect 2
'Leaving Earth' from Mass Effect 3
'Amanda's ship' from TR Underworld
'Ezio's Family' from AC 2
Oh yeah...Ezio's Family
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-17, 13:11   #25
Grimaldi

The Siren soundtracks are phenomenal. Oppressive, haunting, and sometimes beautiful. Give this one a listen in the dark, or this song from the sequel. Blood Curse's take on the ritual song with the organ is great too, as well as the final boss track.

Speaking of organs, Fatal Frame puts one to beautiful use for another final boss. I really love the ambience of the Shadow Festival as well. Another series with great music.

Haven't had enough creepy ritual songs? Kuon's got you covered.

Alan Wake's "The Poet and his Muse" and "War" are brilliant.

"Hikari", the theme song of Fragile Dreams is gorgeous.

Other than that, I remember Catherine having a great soundtrack, as well as Tomb Raider of course. 2013's might be my favourite, if just for the theme.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 13:06   #26
Quebsenuef

Too many to name !

Of course TR 1-6, Twisted Metal series has great soundtracks, Vigilante 8 has a nice 70's funk with 90's appeal, Spyro the Dragon has fantastic music, SH 1-4 have memorable moments with their soundtracks, MGS series has great music like Yell Dead Cell or The Fury's Theme. Racing games generally have a great soundtrack too! I've recently bought Dirt 4's soundtrack and love it
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 15:15   #27
Orionvalentine

Breath of Fire 4 has a phenomenal soundtrack

I always find myself going back to the game, and even listening to the OST on Youtube when doing work. I adore this game and its music.
Orionvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 15:24   #28
charmedangelin

Final Fantasy X

When this played you knew exactly who the villain of the game was

When you heard this you knew you had better prepare yourself for one of the the toughest battles in the game.

Final Fantasy XIII

This music literally caused you to **** yourself as you realized that you would be sitting there in front of your TV fighting the hardest boss in the game.

And this just made you feel all around pretty badass (Especially love the violin at 0:58)

Last edited by charmedangelin; 19-07-17 at 15:33.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 15:39   #29
SrDanielPonces

I don't listen to games' music that often but Daniella's Theme from Haunting Ground is a really good one. For a horror game, this music REALLY creeps me out when the bitch is stalking me and IMO she's the bomb of this game

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 19-07-17 at 15:43.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 16:49   #30
Blue_light

There are too many of them to name! D:

When I say "Special favorites", I mean that I love the soundtrack in general, but there are a few tracks that I like a little more.

- Tomb Raider 1.
- Tomb Raider Legend. Special Favorites: TOO MANY TO LIST. XP
- Tomb Raider Anniversary. Special Favorites: TOO MANY TO LIST. XP
- Tomb Raider Underworld. (My special fave TRU tracks are listed here)
- Digimon World 3/2003. Special favorites: "Bug Maze" (WOHOOO! ), both boss themes, "South Badlands Theme" and "Jungle Grave".
- Deadly Premonition: "The Woods and the Goddess"
- Bayonetta: "Battle for the Umbran Throne", "Fly me to the Moon (Climax Remix)", "Bayonetta's Theme", "Moon River (Climax Remix)".
- Kingdom Hearts series. Special favorites: "Simple and Clean", "Sanctuary", "Xion's theme", "Roxas' Theme", "Dearly Beloved", "Sinister Sundown", "The 13th Struggle", "The Home of Dragons (remastered version)", "Ventus' theme"
- Devil May Cry 4: "We Shall Never Surrender", "Out of Darkness", the later part of "Genocide", "Total Result".
- DmC: Devil May Cry: "Throat full of Glass", "Never Surrender", "WT* is Wrong with you people", "Lilith's Club".
- Devil May Cry 1: "Eva's theme", "Eva's musical clock theme".
- Devil May Cry 3: "Taste the Blood", "Total Result".
- The Last of Us: "The Last of Us",
- Uncharted: "Nate's Theme", "Reunion".
- Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow. Special favorites: "Trainer Battle Theme", "Viridian Forest Theme", "Gym Theme", "Route 1", "Bicycle Theme"
- Pokémon Silver/Gold/Crystal. Special favorites: "Title Screen", "Pokémon Lab", "Route 29", "Bicycle Theme", "Kanto Trainer Battle Theme" (I really love this version as well).
- Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Special favorites: "Littleroot Town", "Route 101", "PokéMart", "Bicycle"
- Final Fantasy X: "Otherworld", "To Zanarkand", "Spira Unplugged (both original and remaster)", "Hymn of the Faith", "Suteki da Ne", "Battle Theme (both original and remastered)", "Ending Theme", "Jecht's Theme", "Calm Before the Storm (remastered)", "Movement in Green (remastered)".
- FFX-2: "A 1000 words".
- FFXIII: "Blinded By Light", "Serah's Theme", "Hope's Theme", "A promise", "Eternal Love", "New World".
- FFXIII-2: "Noel's Theme", "Yeul's Theme", "Serah's Theme - Memory", "Hope's Theme - Confessions", "Wish", "Battle Theme - Last Hunters", "Battle Theme - Dash"
- Lightning Returns: "Sunseth Path", "Snow's Theme".
- FF7: "Tifa's theme" (I listen to the piano version, though), "One Winged Angel" (though I'm used to and prefer the KH version).
- FFXV: "Somnus", "Apocalypsis Aquarius", "Apocalypsis Noctis".

Thanks for making me listen to them, again.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote