Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 28-01-15, 06:48   #1
Shark_Blade

Arrow Ghostbusters Reboot (All Female Cast)

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...stbusters-cast

Are these women your new Ghostbusters? It sure looks like it.

Paul Feig, who is directing the all-female take on the comedy classic, tweeted this picture of Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones, as Deadline reports that all four are reportedly in negotiations for the roles. Before you start wondering if Wiig is going to be the Venkman or the Stantz, Feig has hinted in the past that the story won’t be quite so beholden to the previous story. So count on all four comedians to play original characters, albeit characters who can crack a joke and bust a ghost at the same time.

As soon as Feig, who directed Bridesmaids and The Heat, signed on to the project, moviegoers could reasonably start hoping that Wiig and McCarthy would join the fun. But adding Saturday Night Live standouts McKinnon and Jones to the lineup is an extra stroke of genius, a way to add to the dynamic Wiig and McCarthy had in Bridesmaids and bring some additional, special weirdness to the mix. I mean, McKinnon is the woman who skewered Justin Bieber flawlessly last week. Of course she ain’t afraid of no ghosts.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-15, 07:37   #2
Lara's home

Sounds like a flop.
Lara's home is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-15, 17:36   #3
peeves

No kidding. ^
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-15, 17:48   #4
Vinkula

Melissa McCarthy is amazing and funny I might watch this because of her
Vinkula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-15, 17:54   #5
Tonyrobinson

Hollywood is eating this idea up but I absolutely HATE it! Being on SNL does not make you a comedy actor, Kristen Wiig she's good Melissa McCarthy, whilst good, always feels the same in every movie and Paul Feig has directed only a handful of good films. I think I will give this one a miss.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-15, 19:17   #6
peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Hollywood is eating this idea up but I absolutely HATE it! Being on SNL does not make you a comedy actor, Kristen Wiig she's good Melissa McCarthy, whilst good, always feels the same in every movie and Paul Feig has directed only a handful of good films. I think I will give this one a miss.
You're not the only one that hates it i hate it too.
Old 28-01-15, 20:41   #7
ggctuk

There are actually people arguing that the original Ghostbusters was "all-male" so this is needed to balance it out. That obviously forgets the roles of Dana Barrett and Janine, which would render that claim utterly ridiculous and untrue.

There's even talk that they will be playing female versions of the characters made famous by Akroyd, Ramis, Murray and Hudson. Rule 63ing the characters of the original film, which is what this appears to be, is a dumb, dumb idea. The idea of the movie (not just the all-female cast but the idea of doing a 'darker' rendition) is wrong and the casting is wrong, I feel, especially as I viewed the original film to have a good, solid cast that fit the characters they were playing.

For me, out of all the sequels that are coming out for major fanchises in the next couple of years, I can gladly say this is one I will be sitting out: the first two films and the game are where it ends for me.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-15, 23:03   #8
peeves

To be honest as boring as the original ones may be i liked the first movie of the original the best.
Old 29-01-15, 01:26   #9
voltz

What... the... fug?!??

Bill Murry... this is all your fault. Yeah I said it!
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-15, 01:32   #10
Tommy123

While I think they are funny....they just don't work. This is gonna flop.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote