www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 15-08-18, 00:50   #41
fallenangle
Archaeologist

Thanks for the info again. I really don't understand that YT video - I found that once you passed a particular mark on the right wall the left gun (from LC's point of view) would be triggered and always score hits if she ran or sprinted. The only way I could get beyond the wall without damage was to hug it so she's almost embedded and then leap/curve jump to the right when you hit that trigger point, going through the archway as high as possible.

But you still get hit even in the air and the second gun picks her up and hits her too.

Right at the end of that YT video I'd swear in that position the guns should still be capable of hitting her.

I'm trying not to do save trick stuff like that but I will admit to using the legitimate 'trick' that our old, lamented friend here:rr carroll detailed in his 'no scratch' playthough with the last turret in The Trenches:-

Quote:
Avoid creating the third automatic gun by climbing out of the trench. Then take a running jump to the right and curve to land just past the steam pipe.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...Trenches31.jpg

I'd eventually given up on getting the Weapons Card Key from the dead soldier behind the two steam pipes without damage. I'd forgotten what it was for but that 'trick' made it an unnecessary extra task anyway. But I tried many times without success to avoid damage there before going looking for solutions and found many people opted out of it too because of the 'trick' but mainly as the timing and positioning are so critical both ways.

I will admit to experimenting with the save trick in the crawl space and passageway near the dragon thing just to avoid the locusts and if it ad worked I might have used it. But they kept on spawning and respawning however and wherever I saved so in the end I gave up on trying to collect the pickups there too.

One thing I was disappointed about was in the Street Bazaar level with the 'lightning' block 'puzzle' thing and blocked bridge. I found it was possible to curve jump off the nearside left edge of the bridge and land safely on the walled area above the mine field. You can explore quite a bit up there which I'd not done before, it may even be possible to get to the other side and continue without using the bridge.

But I was more interested in simply bypassing the minefield and you can drop down to ground level there although, strangely if you land in the minefield LC incinerates rather than explodes.

But the disappointing thing is that whilst you can press the button which should open the door so you can get the motorbike the game does not allow you to do that or exit either way.

The route uses a legitimate jumping technique so I felt a bit cheated there.

Last edited by fallenangle; 15-08-18 at 01:08.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-18, 13:56   #42
fallenangle
Archaeologist

Onto INSIDE MENKAURE'S PYRAMID now - couple of tricks I found for dealing with certain enemies no scratch. I'm sure others must have used these but they not mentioned in any guides I've read:-

1). The 'hawk headed guardian' who you get to face after navigating over the two rope swing pit: he's a bit slow in firing to begin with if he's not facing LC. Sprint her almost straight at him and most of the time he will stay where he is on the slightly higher surround. When she's really close just kneel, quickly before he fires the first shot, usually that will be at the foot of the ramp at the other end of the room.

The guardian stays where is and just starts shooting but always over her head. You can kill him scratch free (45 - 60 secs) using just the pistols.

2). The outdoors area with the two smaller pyramids and 2 giant scorpions. Grab the left side and shimmy as far left along the edge of the pit you have to climb out of to enter this area. You then have enough time to exit the pit run forward diagonally along the lighter slightly sloped, triangular-ish sandy area and do a jump or swan dive onto the lowest raised flat top rock protruding out of the sand on the left side of the area.

It really is not very difficult jump if you get the run angle correct and from there you can deal with the scorpions using just the pistols, although they do play hard to get once LC is out of reach.

Once both are dead from this position you can use the other flat top rocks and take the opportunity to explore the back of the pyramid and other areas you were not meant to be able to get too which some might find quite interesting.

EDIT 28.08.18

Finished my no scratch run. No massive problems in the later stages, annoyances from bats just nibbling that little bit of health but if you avoid the scarab alcove traps in the pyramids no scratch is not that hard as long as you're not just using pistols. I used them in preference 90% of the time but in several places I admit to using more powerful weapons just to save time. I'll also admit to saving my way incrementally through some areas.

Strangely enough the latter part of the Temple of Horus I was expecting it to be a bit tricky and I thought avoiding his attacks right at the end would be impossible but if you jump at the right time and stay in the light beam LC is immune.

BTW I note from the guide I read later that there is a bug when using the water skins and placing the holy scriptures on the pedestals. I don't remember that from my previous playthroughs.

However this time I had her saying 'no' quite often when emptying filling the skins but I found that it only happened if LC was moving when you entered the inventory.

With the holy scriptures she always said 'no' but still put them on the pedestals when you just used Action. If LC stood in front of a pedestal, went into the inventory directly and tried to use the holy scriptures by pressing Enter the placing animation would play but without the holy scripture and she'd say 'no', this time obviously meaning it .

Last edited by fallenangle; 26-08-18 at 15:15. Reason: Finished No Scratch Run
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote