www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 22-09-17, 10:32   #27931
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Nothing at all, yet.
I cant confirm it but i could swear i heard something about them on that Crystal Compass Episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1zMGXsxdlg
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-17, 12:18   #27932
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
I cant confirm it but i could swear i heard something about them on that Crystal Compass Episode.

That's almost an hour long, I don't want to watch the whole thing, so I'll take your word for it

Edit: they talked about the ToO statues that have recently shipped, not the 20th Anniversary ones that were announced last year.

Last edited by Rai; 22-09-17 at 17:08.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-17, 15:31   #27933
Mikky
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post

This is just from a couple of weeks ago - I had no idea they were still doing these. It was probably posted on the official SE forums, but a post here from Meagan would have been appreciated too. I know she's very busy but she has literally been AWOL since that E3 statement. :P Idk, but it would be great if she popped in to say "hope you guys enjoyed the trailer for the movie" or something like that. And if she really is that busy, getting someone else to talk to fans here would be the smart idea (this is the most used TR forum after all). The lack of communication between CD and fans lately just feels really weird. They never reply to fans on social media either, whereas I see pages for other games reply to fans very often, usually in a playful and lighthearted way. Would be nice if the same was done for TR.

Idk, this is probably not the thread to talk about it but it's something I've been thinking about lately and that video reminded me again. Hopefully when Shadow gets announced, there will be more of a relationship.

Last edited by Mikky; 22-09-17 at 15:38.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-17, 23:07   #27934
Mickybyrne20
Archaeologist

Seriously!! This is a Tomb Raider forum dedicated to the fans and there's still some kind of barrier between us and the CD team. I don't mean to get bitchy, but pretty sure we're the ones that make Tomb Raider possible.

We're always defending their terrible decisions and try and maintain a positive attitude about future installments, or at least I do. I'm not saying they owe us anything, but a nice insightful update is always appreciated.

Meagan Marie has practically been working her arse off to try and keep the fans engaged singlehandedly, poor lass. x

No wonder that Ian guy left, they're all overworked.

Last edited by Mickybyrne20; 22-09-17 at 23:10.
Mickybyrne20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 14:58   #27935
mind
Archaeologist

Someone explain me please why CD thought it would be fun for us spending hour in a forest a looking for one stupid rabbit/red target you missed? Why do challenges even exist? They are not fun and they are frustrating because they don't show on a map and they blend into the enviroment.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 15:47   #27936
Costel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind View Post
Someone explain me please why CD thought it would be fun for us spending hour in a forest a looking for one stupid rabbit/red target you missed? Why do challenges even exist? They are not fun and they are frustrating because they don't show on a map and they blend into the enviroment.
Isn˙t that the idea of a challenge? To be challenging.
What did you wanted? To have all rabbits and red targets lined up?
Old 23-09-17, 18:18   #27937
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
You are aware what a challenge is and what it means right?
Its the same with the dragons in the classics and pretty much every game that has exploration.

If you tell me where the challenges are, they arent challenges any longer.
Its the whole thing of being Challenges...something not easy to solve/find etc.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 23:03   #27938
AntRaidsTombs
Professor

Quote:
lol because it's a challenge, not meant to be easy
Old 24-09-17, 00:04   #27939
mind
Archaeologist

I dont think you understand what I mean. If you think I want the game easy then I suggest you read my post again. Challenges are frustrating. I liked diving challenge. It gives clues to the player. You have to look for water and high places. You actually have an idea where to look. I spend like three hours scanning Geothermal valley for red targets because I had no idea they were limited to area around farmstead. That is frustrating and no fun. You dont have to tell the player the exact place on a map but unless you give clues where to look it becomes aimless search.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-17, 01:06   #27940
Costel
Archaeologist

Quote:
I dont think you understand what I mean. If you think I want the game easy then I suggest you read my post again. Challenges are frustrating. I liked diving challenge. It gives clues to the player. You have to look for water and high places. You actually have an idea where to look. I spend like three hours scanning Geothermal valley for red targets because I had no idea they were limited to area around farmstead. That is frustrating and no fun. You dont have to tell the player the exact place on a map but unless you give clues where to look it becomes aimless search.
It is diferent from player to player.
What took you 3 hours, other player may have done it in 1 hour.
What you find frustrating may be fun for the others.
For exemple I find frustrating the one where you throw the pumpkins in the barrels. And I find it fun the ones in the Lost City for exemple beside other challenges.