www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 02-09-18, 22:05   #1
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Default The AoD Trilogy - How it would've played out

Hi everyone! After a few requests in this thread, I decided to make a thread that collects the information on the canceled AoD trilogy's story. (Scans are provided too btw.) This information was given by one of our lovely community managers, Meagan Marie, in her "20 Years of Tomb Raider" book, so huge thanks to her for the wonderful gift to the community. Seeing as how the book is almost rare now, I chose to release the book-exclusive information on here so that big AoD fans like myself would not miss out on information about the dearly wanted sequels. This thread's purpose is mainly to provide info on the rough story outlines that were addressed in Meagan's book.

Moderators, if it is not right for me to share this, please tell me and I will shut this down. I'm doing this purely for fellow AoD fans.

Now, with all of that aside, let's dive into this, shall we?
----------------------------------
Locations
The three primary locations in The Lost Dominion, alternatively known as AoD2, were the Languedoc in France, Cappadocia, and a WWII Antarctica bunker. We were going to explore ancient remains of a base in Cappadocia that Eckhardt built long ago, which would contain one of two Sleepers. The Antarctica WWII bunker was the place where large shipments of various research data, materials, personnel, and other equipment were located. The Languedoc in France was supposedly going to hold a Lux Veritatis Bloodline Room.

Somewhat rough outline of the story
Murti had a somewhat rough outline of the story for the following two games. First off, AoD2 was going to be named The Lost Dominion (TLD) and AoD3 was going to be named The Dreams of Resurrection (DoR). There aren't as many details on DoR, but there is quite a bit on TLD. I'll try to cover both pretty well.

TLD kicks off by revisiting the ending of AoD. Kurtis survived and went into a toxic coma in the Vault of Trophies, Lara is recuperating with her once-mentor Putai, and Karel is at work looking for the other Sleepers.

Karel tortured the daughter of the murdered dealer in Prague, Mathias Vasiley, into translating these Sleeper Scrolls. Mathias was a rogue Lux Veritatis member that was expelled from the Order in the 1950's for "degenerate behavior". He was supposed to be killed, but he reemerged later on with an alias and his daughter, Morgau. Morgau never had the true, full training that Kurtis had, so when she was tortured by Karel, she was left "mutilated and unhinged" after her awful treatment. So, after getting the translated Sleeper Scrolls, Karel goes off in search of the Sleeper, and after they individually find out, Lara and Kurtis go to defeat Karel once more.

Also, Morgau was a character that would've played a smaller role in TLD, but she would have played a much bigger role in DoR and Kurtis's planned spin-offs.

Scans:
https://imgur.com/3W0gv1O
https://imgur.com/8ROiqFv
https://imgur.com/t5TRP67
https://imgur.com/A9KEG2Z

That's basically all, folks. Hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by NoahCrofRaider; 03-09-18 at 03:12.
NoahCrofRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 03:52   #2
Profc
Archaeologist

Thank you NoahCroftRaider, I heard some of this information before , but I had no idea how all of it was going to mesh together.

I love the idea with the France, Cathars etc, but I am not so sure about the Karel's big speech with Lara, reformed Cabal, Nazis, and the Nephilim offsprings. I always feel that AOD told a complete story. I mean, yes it was unfinished, and much of the storyline was barely there but it told a complete story. This feels like more of what we have seen before.

Instead of 3 games and spin-offs I really wish that there was one big AOD game.

Nice Avatar by the way
Old 03-09-18, 10:02   #3
Ruu11
Historian

Antartica and another french location instead of Castle Kriegler????
Wow, I never heard that in my whole life! Thanks for sharing, Noah
Ruu11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 13:50   #4
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profc View Post
Thank you NoahCroftRaider, I heard some of this information before , but I had no idea how all of it was going to mesh together.

I love the idea with the France, Cathars etc, but I am not so sure about the Karel's big speech with Lara, reformed Cabal, Nazis, and the Nephilim offsprings. I always feel that AOD told a complete story. I mean, yes it was unfinished, and much of the storyline was barely there but it told a complete story. This feels like more of what we have seen before.

Instead of 3 games and spin-offs I really wish that there was one big AOD game.

Nice Avatar by the way
You’re welcome, and I understand where you’re coming from. It would have been interesting if the AoD trilogy was, instead, just one huge and bombastic game.

Thank you btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
Antartica and another french location instead of Castle Kriegler????
Wow, I never heard that in my whole life! Thanks for sharing, Noah
No problem.
Old 03-09-18, 19:13   #5
Jorje Croft
Professor

Y'all lets be honest, this is better than whole TRINITY thing.

thanks for the scans, such an amazing material was wasted. CRIES.

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 03-09-18 at 19:15.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 19:19   #6
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
Y'all lets be honest, this is better than whole TRINITY thing.

thanks for the scans, such an amazing material was wasted. CRIES.
Anything would have been better than Trinity.
Old 03-09-18, 19:26   #7
Jorje Croft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Anything would have been better than Trinity.
Agreed, I enjoy reboot games as it has a good experience, but I would prefer completed AOD trilogy anytime,anywhere. wish games used such a deep stories nowadays. its even perfect for the movie.

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 03-09-18 at 19:30.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 13:43   #8
Pyro99
Explorer

Wow, this is so interesting. Just when I think I know everything there is to know about AoD, more info pops up. It's kind of a shame how the trilogy was virtually dead before AoD was even released, considering that it was unfinished in many ways and an entire section (Germany) was missing
Old 04-09-18, 13:51   #9
sasho648
Student

Well yeah Murti Schofield is a lot alike Mark Hamill but not famous. Just saying.

In relation how complex the story is.

Last edited by sasho648; 04-09-18 at 13:52.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 14:41   #10
LCTRF
Historian

Wow! This sounds so good! Murti really should make a novel (if he is allowed), I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Just seeing how this whole amazing story would've played out would be so interesting!

Just a side question: Is there a website/drive or something where all of Murtis documents about aod are available? I always find snippets here and there, but it would be nice to have some kind of collection to download as a file. It would be really appreciated, since I'm a total nerd for the AoD story and what could've been.
LCTRF is offline   Reply With Quote