Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 13-05-18, 15:50   #1
Cat Woman

Unhappy Glitch at Shantytown Gate

I am at the gate and have defeated all the enemies. I have done what you have to do before you can try to open the gate. But, whenever I try to turn the wheel I get hit with fire arrows. When I go further back in Shantytown and draw out more enemies, there are too many to kill and I keep dying. I have tried several strategies, but keep getting killed. I am also playing on easy. Is there a way to continue in the game? No fun anymore.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-18, 16:07   #2
LaraThaRaider

If they shoot at you again, then you obviously haven't killed them all lol..
LaraThaRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-18, 21:36   #3
Cat Woman

Default Glitch at Gate

I have killed all the enemies at the gate. When I go back into Shantytown, because I cannot open the gate, because of fire arrows, others come out in the area away from the gate. No matter what strategy I use they keep coming too fast to kill them all. There seems to be too many to kill them all. I saw others had the same glitch in the game, but cannot see a resolution. Has anybody been able to move further in the game w/o starting over? Or from a previous save.
Old 14-05-18, 07:54   #4
LaraThaRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
I have killed all the enemies at the gate. When I go back into Shantytown, because I cannot open the gate, because of fire arrows, others come out in the area away from the gate. No matter what strategy I use they keep coming too fast to kill them all. There seems to be too many to kill them all. I saw others had the same glitch in the game, but cannot see a resolution. Has anybody been able to move further in the game w/o starting over? Or from a previous save.
Do you use the shotgun and the rifle? do you use cover? if your health is low stay behind cover..
LaraThaRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-18, 21:11   #5
Cat Woman

Default Glitch at Gate

Believe me I have used all resources - rifle, shotgun, trying to hide, numerous, numerous times. You keep killing and killing and they just keep coming. Very frustrating spending hours and not getting ahead Tried different areas but nothing works. I have got through the game before with no problem. There must be an area or trigger in the game to start this glitch. I do save, but my last save was way back in the game (as I have not had the problem before) so do not want to continue from there. Will play Rise of the Tomb Raider again and wait for the new game Shadow of the Tomb Raider to come out. Will trade my XBox 360 for the Xbox One at that time as I really like these games. They are fun - most of the time 😂.