Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 06-06-13, 05:53   #1451
Stevo505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post
I bet if the game had lots of 6s and 7s, you wouldn't be saying it "doesn't mean a damn thing".
It's going to be an amazing game regardless of the score. It's Naughty Dog after all.
Stevo505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 05:58   #1452
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
I bet if the game had lots of 6s and 7s, you wouldn't be saying it "doesn't mean a damn thing".
I know I would be saying the same thing. Reviews don't mean anything, I've liked games that got low scores before. Just like I have disliked some games that got praised beyond belief. I believe in personal experience, especially when it comes to overhyped games like this.

Sure I think some games deserve the praise, but some are just riding praise when they are just as "flawed" as some of the games that get low scores. (Bioshock Infinite)

Last edited by Carbonek_0051; 06-06-13 at 06:02.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 06:30   #1453
lcroft_lc

Naughty Dog designer: The Last of Us inspired by ICO and Resident Evil 4

Quote:
The Last of Us designer Ricky Cambier says classic games like Ico and Resident Evil 4 helped Naughty Dog shape the upcoming survival-action game's powerful story and characters.

Speaking with MMGN, Cambier says he believes The Last of Us is able to blend the tension of basic survival with the brutality of the game world's "kill or be killed" philosophy.

"We knew we wanted to really push the story, push the tension of basic survival," he said. "We really wanted to give you that feel of action. So I think there are elements of this [action and survival] that exist within the genre, but I don’t think anyone had put them together quite like we felt we could."

The game's two main characters -- Joel and Ellie -- build a formidable relationship as they trek across a post-pandemic US, often facing off against other humans in a battle for food and resources.

Cambier says the emotional weight of the relationship needed to be balanced with the tension of the world's issues, otherwise it may have fallen into the trap of the "unlimited ammo, regenerating health" game cliche.

"We always wanted to take the character building and interaction, look at something as far back as Ico, and blend it with the tension and action of Resident Evil 4.

"Our game doesn’t feel like either of those, but those have bits and pieces of what we wanted to do."

Cambier iterates that Naughty Dog wanted to create as realistic a survival game as possible, with actions that seem real.

"With The Last Of Us you get this very thoughtful approach to survival in a world, which is what we think it would really be like," he explains. "You’re not going to be able to run at enemies armed across the street, because Joel wouldn’t do that. Joel understands how dangerous the world is."
http://ps3.mmgn.com/News/the-last-of...red-by-ico-re4
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 07:00   #1454
domino92

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
I know I would be saying the same thing. Reviews don't mean anything, I've liked games that got low scores before. Just like I have disliked some games that got praised beyond belief. I believe in personal experience, especially when it comes to overhyped games like this.

Sure I think some games deserve the praise, but some are just riding praise when they are just as "flawed" as some of the games that get low scores. (Bioshock Infinite)
Well put.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 09:19   #1455
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep Show View Post
There's hardly any platforming in TLOU, I mean you can't even jump, just climb a ledge here and there, I like it, it's far more realistic, the Uncharted comparisons would be endless if it had actual platforming.
Oh I see, then I guess the graphics impressed me the most . I did not know that those "jumping" moments were scripted.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 10:55   #1456
Peep Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
After Bioshock: Infinite getting perfect scores and being total balls, I am not trusting scores like this until I play it myself.
Lol you already made up your mind about TLOU, you call it boring whenever you get the chance, honestly I already know that you're not gonna like it...
Peep Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 13:13   #1457
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Lol you already made up your mind about TLOU, you call it boring whenever you get the chance, honestly I already know that you're not gonna like it...
Stop jumping on people who are expressing negative feedback on the game. I understand you know it's something you'll enjoy and something you'd class as a good game (they are technically just doing the same thing but the other way around) but just chill out. I'm not trying to attack you or something but every time I come into this thread it's what you're doing. People could always change their mind when they get their hands on it. I personally thought the game looked boring at first, I still really don't know if I like it or not. Unfortunately, I wont be able to play it for a long while as I'll be playing it on my boyfriend PS3 but he's waiting for the price to drop like he normally does. Though neither of us are that excited for it so I don't really mind.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 13:31   #1458
Peep Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
Stop jumping on people who are expressing negative feedback on the game.
LOL please I don't jump on people who give actual criticism, Carbonek has so many posts in this thread and all (or most of them) are negative, it's getting repetitive a hell. When I can't get into a game, I just leave it and don't troll their threads.

"I want ND to make good games again"
"TLOU's graphics aren't impressive"
"TR looks prettier than TLOU"

That's hardly criticism...
Old 06-06-13, 13:33   #1459
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
LOL please I don't jump on people who give actual criticism, Carbonek has so many posts in this thread and all (or most of them) are negative, it's getting repetitive a hell. When I can't get into a game, I just leave it and don't troll their threads.

"I want ND to make good games again"
"TLOU's graphics aren't impressive"
"TR looks prettier than TLOU"

That's hardly criticism...
If you think he's a 'troll'. Why add fuel to the fire? If he was doing that, which I'm pretty sure he's not and just being Nate. it wont help replying to him. If anything It'd just entice him to say more as he's getting a reaction.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 13:35   #1460
Peep Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
If you think he's a 'troll'. Why add fuel to the fire? If he was doing that, which I'm pretty sure he's not and just being Nate. it wont help replying to him. If anything It'd just entice him to say more as he's getting a reaction.
You're right I should report his posts to a mod instead, isn't that what he always does with others?