www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 08-11-18, 11:27   #17721
dcw123
Relic Hunter

haha awesome..
No way, I was gonna do an underground level too - though instead of London (which was done in TR3) I'm going for an American vibe instead using new textures..
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 12:08   #17722
mathew9r
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
haha awesome..
No way, I was gonna do an underground level too - though instead of London (which was done in TR3) I'm going for an American vibe instead using new textures..
Well it's more of a test to a revisit to Aldwych and the TR3 London levels(this was mainly a test to see what I could achieve creating graphic objects, it wasn't going to be at first but it seems to be working out much more better then I hoped it would.

I wish you luck on your project :P

EDIT:
I have changed a few textures around with a few additional items, added movement(still can't get TRAIN to work due to crashes) and sound, personally I think this looks much better to what I showed last night haha.

Last edited by mathew9r; 08-11-18 at 14:31.
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 21:24   #17723
MarlenaCrystal
Hobbyist

Very, very cool, mathew9r!
I like the smooth textures of your objects, kind of cartoonish, but it fits very well together.

Since you still fail to use the TRAIN script, I assume you use animated textures for the tunnel effect?
I had the same idea of a subway train level inside the wagons a few time ago, but in relation to my own project which has nothing to do with classic Tomb Raider. I still don't know, if I will create this level or not, but if, then I will think about using this method.

I hope your project will turn out to be more than just a test.
MarlenaCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 22:07   #17724
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Or you could fake it with animating objects which whizz past the screen, which is pretty much how the original train level worked.
Just have it loop and repeat?
Could that work...

If you run out of room, you could always teleport Lara into other train cars and have the level continue straight.

I might have just given myself an idea.. though for my level I only really wanted to animate a train car for a short cutscene to give the effect of riding it somewhere
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 22:40   #17725
Dustie
Relic Hunter

lol that is totally my idea from years ago when I first had my TRLE phase I don't think I got to the point of actually making the car(s), but I did make the tunnel meshes and a background noise track.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 23:54   #17726
mathew9r
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlenaCrystal View Post
Very, very cool, mathew9r!
I like the smooth textures of your objects, kind of cartoonish, but it fits very well together.

Since you still fail to use the TRAIN script, I assume you use animated textures for the tunnel effect?
I had the same idea of a subway train level inside the wagons a few time ago, but in relation to my own project which has nothing to do with classic Tomb Raider. I still don't know, if I will create this level or not, but if, then I will think about using this method.

I hope your project will turn out to be more than just a test.
Well it turns out it was Windows(why?) which broke it, but only problem now is...UVRotate on textures don't work, they just double up...but we'll see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Or you could fake it with animating objects which whizz past the screen, which is pretty much how the original train level worked.
Just have it loop and repeat?
Could that work...

If you run out of room, you could always teleport Lara into other train cars and have the level continue straight.

I might have just given myself an idea.. though for my level I only really wanted to animate a train car for a short cutscene to give the effect of riding it somewhere
It was somewhat of a semi-plan to do so then TRAIN started working, but now I have UVRotation bugs which double the texture and not scroll it, typical really lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
lol that is totally my idea from years ago when I first had my TRLE phase I don't think I got to the point of actually making the car(s), but I did make the tunnel meshes and a background noise track.
To be fair, I'm surprised not many people have even done this before, I would have thought people would have by now, but good to know ;P
Old 10-11-18, 20:51   #17727
TRJTA
Professor

Hello there! Below are brand new screenshots of the final version of the Croft Manor level from Tombraider95's 'Tomb Raider II Revised'!
Months ago I took over this level from him and improved it graphically in almost every aspect. I wanted to create a realistic and very cosy homey feeling Croft Manor. I had so much help from Tombraider95 during my time on the level so I want to thank him a lot. In the end this level ended up to be a great collaboration project between him and me. I enjoyed it very much and he is such a sweetheart! Enjoy the screens!

Last edited by TRJTA; 10-11-18 at 21:01.
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 21:45   #17728
Ruu11
Historian

^ I'm in love with the living room & the outside shots.
but that Lara model... Hmmm, I'm just not too fan of it
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 23:09   #17729
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Looks promising. The manor is simply a never-ending source of inspiration.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 23:53   #17730
Titak

That is one goodlooking remake of the classic manor!