Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 14-04-14, 18:51   #491
Titak

Great progress.

Is something still going to be done about the gravity?
Because it looks like she is gliding effortlessly rather than jumping and being heavy because of gravity.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-14, 18:54   #492
Lwmte

Titak, I remember I've perfectly synchronized jump timing and distance with TR4 engine side by side, so it should match almost perfectly. Or do you mean jump curve? Yes, it's a bit different (original TR one being a bit sharper), but it's more related to difference between native TR physics and bullet physics.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-14, 20:11   #493
Dustie

I would say something similar about her general movement, it seems a bit as if though she's "attached" to the camera, or the camera is glued to her in the back on a stick or something, to her torso specifically. I understand it's probably the "point of relation" (the torso) for the camera, and it might be corrected/improved in future? In the games you feel the weight of Lara's character on the surfaces because the camera seems independent of her object just enough as to make it all look realistic, although it's still very much following her, except it appears less "glued". This is a subtle thing to perceive, so it's a bit difficult to explain. And I think this effect was somehow more prominent with earlier versions of the engine judging by the videos, it seems better now, but still a tiniest bit off compared with the games
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-14, 20:21   #494
Krystian

^ I believe that's because the camera is "fixed", so to speak. It's just stuck in a point behind Lara, following her position, but it doesn't swing around in regard to her animation collisions, like it does in the actual TR engine.
But I'm sure it's only a matter of time before that will be changed.

Anyway, got really excited with the announcement of working triggers! Keep up the great work guys, it has really payed off so far!

Last edited by Krystian; 14-04-14 at 20:24.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-14, 20:40   #495
Lwmte

Yes, in fact we already have an algorhitm which works just like classic TR camera - it was generously donated by kurlyak (unfortunately, there is no more news from him lately... ). Only thing to do is to adapt it from his prototype engine into OpenTomb.
Old 15-04-14, 06:15   #496
Ado Croft

OMG, wau TeslaRus really good job, I can't still believe it. Keep up the graet work
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-14, 10:26   #497
Ado Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Yes, in fact we already have an algorhitm which works just like classic TR camera - it was generously donated by kurlyak (unfortunately, there is no more news from him lately... ). Only thing to do is to adapt it from his prototype engine into OpenTomb.
Hi, Lwmte do you mean auto follow camera from his prototipe engine?, if yes, there is a sourcecode for all his engine on this side: http://speedy.sh/zXKUF/MyTR-Engine.7z
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-14, 13:20   #498
Lwmte

Yes, that's what I'm talking about, I also have this archive somewhere... I tried to integrate Kurlyak's camera into OpenTomb, but my skills aren't enough for this! Hopefully, someone will return to this task later.

Now for other good news: I have finally implemented audiotrack player! For now, it's only Ogg file support - it will be used to replace soundtracks from TR1/TR2 CD audio.

As for TR3 and above - there should be less problems, since OpenAL supports ADPCM natively, so we don't need any external codecs and libraries. Most problematic one is, of course, TR3, which keeps all of its audio inside CDAUDIO.WAD file - we have to make a parser for it.

Last edited by Lwmte; 15-04-14 at 15:19.
Old 15-04-14, 15:14   #499
TeslaRus

Default Little update

I add time info to scripts, use frame_time in lua to get current frame time; Now we can create timers (see tt() function as a timer example in sys_scripts.lua) +LEVEL2_trigger.lua script was simplified, now adding triggers to maps is easy (see one as an example) + uploaded to SF in separate folder =)
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-14, 15:22   #500
klona
Golden

Great work!
klona is offline   Reply With Quote