Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-05-18, 13:28   #11
Comemichiamo

Thanks to everyone that has replied. Ok now I'm curious, what is this missing gear I need? I got a little further now, I'm at the part where you gotta save Jonah.
Comemichiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-18, 18:05   #12
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comemichiamo View Post
Thanks to everyone that has replied. Ok now I'm curious, what is this missing gear I need? I got a little further now, I'm at the part where you gotta save Jonah.
Oh, you got the missing gear now. Is the grapple axe.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-18, 10:39   #13
Comemichiamo

Thank you again to everyone. I just finished the DLC 100%, and it was a blast! Soo much better than TR2013's DLC tomb which was a bugfest.

Also, I still haven't finished the main game, but it was so good to see a real boss in the reboot series. TR2013's final boss was a huge disappointment for me. Don't tell me, but I hope there is a real final boss in Rise, too.

EDIT: Ans what about the other DLC, Croft Manor? Does that have anything to do with the main story? Or how does it work?

Last edited by Comemichiamo; 21-05-18 at 17:32.
Old 23-05-18, 03:44   #14
jeffareid

In my case I did Baba Yaga before doing Abandoned Mines. This allows Lara to get more XP and Lara randomly loots oil from the soldiers from Baba Yaga, at least for the first and last wave of soldiers in the level. If you don't get oil by looting a wave of soldiers, you can reload checkpoint and try again. If you're trying to loot oil, use arrows, as looting soldiers for oil only seems to work if Lara also loots arrows (I never saw oil looted when a soldier had rifle bullets). The oil can be used to upgrade weapons to tier 2 during Abandoned Mines. Other than the XP and the oil, when you do Baba Yaga doesn't matter.

Croft Manor is effectively a separate game.
jeffareid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-18, 20:45   #15
Pyro99

I only bought the DLC after finishing the main story on my second playthrough and it made sense just fine as an additional helping hand towards the Remnant.
Pyro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-18, 11:05   #16
Comemichiamo

Well I just finished both DLCs 100%. And the main game. What a ride that was. Not sure wht everyone prefers the forst reboot, probably it's me who played it on an old PC laggy as hell.

Also loved to pieces those little easter eggs in Croft Manor: the gramophone and the "butler in the freezer" reference.
Old 31-05-18, 14:18   #17
witek86

That's great. Now that there's no risk for spoilers, here's the reason why I advised you to play Baba Yaga after the main campaign: the witch's "soldiers" were too similar to the deathless warriors. Plus, the soundtrack was basically the same as the one of the fight in the path of the deathless. It was kind of a deja-vu to me, which is fine for a DLC, but I would have felt quite disappointed if I played those two scenes in a different order (Baba Yaga first, path of the deathless after).

What do you think?
witek86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-18, 18:48   #18
Comemichiamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by witek86 View Post
That's great. Now that there's no risk for spoilers, here's the reason why I advised you to play Baba Yaga after the main campaign: the witch's "soldiers" were too similar to the deathless warriors. Plus, the soundtrack was basically the same as the one of the fight in the path of the deathless. It was kind of a deja-vu to me, which is fine for a DLC, but I would have felt quite disappointed if I played those two scenes in a different order (Baba Yaga first, path of the deathless after).

What do you think?
Well I didn't mind the repetition, I was too excited realizing I was battling a real boss in a reboot game.

I tried to play Lara's nightmare and cold darkness but didn't care for them. Never been a fan of heavy combat in ANY Tomb Raider game.