Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 15-03-18, 21:46   #11
Famicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
How did you name the files. I should've quoted the whole source. The flac files should be in the music folder named "Track##" starting at 02.

EX: "Track02.flac";"Track03.flac";etc.

Here's the full quote, but alot of this can be ignored since it doesn't pertain to Tomb Raider 2:
Thanks again for answering. I renamed them after the ogg files, which happen to be named exactly like that. Still nothing.

Maybe the exe is not the right one...or does it have anything to do that I'm using Peixoto's patch?

I'm using GOG version on Windows 10 btw.

Last edited by Famicom; 15-03-18 at 22:28.
Famicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 23:26   #12
Kirishima

Yeah, it's possibly your exe since it may have been modified to use its own solution. I just retested with Arsunt's patch and the flacs I had worked.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I need to retest something.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, a bit of clarification after testing. The flac solution only works with my original CD exe... (unless it was playing music from the image, but I highly doubt that due to drive order). Arsunt's patch only works the the cd mp3 audio that came from the multipatcher, but might include flac support in the future since a music wrapper was one of the things I remember reading Arsunt was working on. It's possible it would work with another exe that was shared around here that was a no-cd patch based on the german exe, but I'm not sure if I tested it with that.

Last edited by Kirishima; 15-03-18 at 23:50.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 14:44   #13
Famicom

Quote:
Yeah, it's possibly your exe since it may have been modified to use its own solution. I just retested with Arsunt's patch and the flacs I had worked.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I need to retest something.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, a bit of clarification after testing. The flac solution only works with my original CD exe... (unless it was playing music from the image, but I highly doubt that due to drive order). Arsunt's patch only works the the cd mp3 audio that came from the multipatcher, but might include flac support in the future since a music wrapper was one of the things I remember reading Arsunt was working on. It's possible it would work with another exe that was shared around here that was a no-cd patch based on the german exe, but I'm not sure if I tested it with that.
I'll spend some time during the weekend, I wanna see if I can make it run as good as it gets. Where can I get your exe?

I really want to try that one and also Arsunt's

Last edited by Famicom; 16-03-18 at 15:04.
Old 16-03-18, 23:27   #14
Kirishima

The modified german exe was shared on one of these threads a long time ago. The other exe is from the original disc, so that may not do you any good.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 16:09   #15
Famicom

Quote:
The modified german exe was shared on one of these threads a long time ago. The other exe is from the original disc, so that may not do you any good.
Nevermind, I've been trying Arsunt's exe + barracuda415's patch and that did the trick.

Thanks!!

Edit: No, I thought I'd made FLAC work with Arsunt's exe but probably I got confused...

Last edited by Famicom; 29-03-18 at 16:08.
Old 25-03-18, 22:01   #16
Famicom

Quote:
The patch barricuda415 made for the ati version of Tomb Raider should also work for Tomb Raider 2, so you could try that: https://mega.nz/#!IN8lRSzJ!Qe1DXB_-C...zIu9UJskKDs1pw

Compared to the other solutions, there's a bit of a delay in the volume muting when underwater or in the inventory.
Is there any way to use 320 kbps mp3 instead of barracuda415's solution?

Edit: Yes, there is. I'll soon try to explain everything in a step by step setup guide that'll cover TR2+Gold.

Last edited by Famicom; 29-03-18 at 22:20.