www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS

Old 07-12-16, 01:54   #91
danny.rex
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfRaider View Post
I mean, Hitman GO was eventually released on the PS4/Vita/Steam earlier this year, much like how it is like with Lara Croft now (time exclusive on the new expansion aside). There might still be a chance, but I kind of feel like the ship has sailed for now, unless there a push to get the GO series on the xbox later on.
I know what you meant, just saying you were right after a quick google check, they skipped a Xbox version for that one.

I guess there might still be a shot though, this is from the announcement of the official Lara Croft FB page

Quote:
Lara Croft GO is available today on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita for $9.99/ 7.99/9.99, with a 20% discount for PS Plus Members. The game will come to Steam this Sunday, December 4, with the Mirror of Spirits expansion following three months later. Additional platforms will be discussed at a later date.
https://www.facebook.com/laracroft/p...54631690601501

They mention "additional platforms" which might involve a Xbox One version and perhaps others, or they might just be referring to the DLC coming to the mobile version. I guess we will see.

Last edited by danny.rex; 07-12-16 at 01:57.
danny.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 02:16   #92
WolfRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.rex View Post
I know what you meant, just saying you were right after a quick google check, they skipped a Xbox version for that one.

I guess there might still be a shot though, this is from the announcement of the official Lara Croft FB page

https://www.facebook.com/laracroft/p...54631690601501

They mention "additional platforms" which might involve a Xbox One version and perhaps others, or they might just be referring to the DLC coming to the mobile version. I guess we will see.
I probably wouldn't be surprise if that was just referring to the DLC coming to mobiles (least how I took it at first), but hey would be nice.

(blam this wolf hit 1k )

Last edited by WolfRaider; 07-12-16 at 02:23.
WolfRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 12:43   #93
Mikky
Legend

The load times on the Vita version are abysmal. Even when you die, they're much longer than they need to be. This must be down to bad optimization, because this is a port of a mobile game that isn't even that demanding anyway, and even the load times on the Android version were better. A patch to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Other than that, the game looks and plays great. With the Vita version, you have the options of playing via the touchscreen or with the buttons, but I use buttons except to collect secrets, of course; speaking of, how do you even collect secrets on the PS4 version? Do you hold down the touchpad and a pointer appears on screen that you can direct anywhere on screen? Guess I will have to try it out later and see for myself.

Out of simple impatience (and the fact that I've completed the game on Android already, anyway), I jumped straight into the Mirror of Spirits chapter. Very interesting and unique puzzle mechanics, especially with "Mirror Lara". I'd say I'm about halfway through and it's been semi-challenging so far, although I imagine it will get even harder from here; looking forward to it.
Old 07-12-16, 15:09   #94
ivaneiroX
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfRaider View Post
Eye of the Abyss sounds like a cool relic. The outfit is probably "mirror" Lara.
it is and im sad now xD boring outfit Q.Q

Edit: loved the new DLC tho it was pretty cool to see part of Croft Manor
ivaneiroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 19:00   #95
Alex Fly
Legend

I finished the game today on Vita. That was amazing !
Old 08-12-16, 19:40   #96
hitnrun017
Archaeologist

This was such a surprising experience. Very glad it came to PS4.
Old 11-12-16, 17:49   #97
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

I finished it full with all achievments today and it was great ! I loved it ! So glad it came out on PS4 with this new level !

Can't wait for other levels ! Maybe an underwater mechanics could be great !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 06:28   #98
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
Can't wait for other levels ! Maybe an underwater mechanics could be great !
This would be so awesome.

Maybe she could only have a limited number of moves underwater before she drowns, so you have to be careful with how you maneuver whilst there.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 10:36   #99
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
This would be so awesome.

Maybe she could only have a limited number of moves underwater before she drowns, so you have to be careful with how you maneuver whilst there.
Yeah, it could be great, and maybe some water stream too, you have to be carefull about or you would have to activate/desactivate it !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 00:00   #100
SorasDestiny
Archaeologist

Wow. This game came as a pleasant surprise. I only planned on dipping in and out of it; instead I've been playing it everyday for the last few days. Brilliant.

I love the nods to the classics. The ambient tracks they use in a couple of the Cave levels and some of the sound effects when Lara jumps to grab a ledge are straight out of TR1/TR2. That and the ring menu is back

Ahh and the fact they rehashed some of Underworld's score for The Shard of Life DLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
How do you even collect secrets on the PS4 version? Do you hold down the touchpad and a pointer appears on screen that you can direct anywhere on screen? Guess I will have to try it out later and see for myself.
The right analog stick controls a cursor which you can move around the screen and highlight any vases you come across.

Last edited by SorasDestiny; 13-12-16 at 00:08.
SorasDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote