Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 20-06-16, 18:16   #241
LateRaider
Inactive

Yeah, and the heal crystals are multicolored and you just have one single infinite Savegame Crystal.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-16, 15:48   #242
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Yeah, and the heal crystals are multicolored and you just have one single infinite Savegame Crystal.
Hell... im buying one
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-16, 19:15   #243
Revenge

I've watched some walkthroughs of the Japanese version on Youtube and it's outrageously easier .
Like in Jungle, there are half less spikes in the beginning, there are more crystals even if there are just used to heal, and the ennemis are far more easier to kill, like you kill a Shiva statue in 30 secondes with pistols lol.
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-16, 16:37   #244
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

I kill shiva in exactly 15 seconds with pistols cuz im practicing a speed run... im sure if i use the japanese version ( which isnt allowed ) i would kill her in 10
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-16, 17:09   #245
peeves

I watched actionturnip play the japanese version of Tomb raider 3 and the difficulty is easier. The crystals heal.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-16, 01:49   #246
Sardoc

A bit of a heads up, because I haven't been active recently, even though there's plenty to fix.

Once I'm done with some personal stuff, I'll try to get back to business. I certainly hope it won't be long, but who knows.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 21:12   #247
trbr89

I'd like to say thanks to the creator of these patches, TR3 became much more challenging now, and that's how the game was meant to be played imho. I was lucky enough to find this patch right in the beginning of the second level, so I downloaded a save file from Stella's website where Lara is right next to the exit of first level. I loaded it after applying the patch, so when I started the second level, the heal crystals got removed from this level on.

Thanks a lot for this and other enhancements and fixes for TR3! happy 2017 by the way

Last edited by trbr89; 30-12-16 at 23:12.
trbr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 22:14   #248
Sardoc

Thank you!

There have been, uh, quite a few issues reported that I still haven't had a chance to fix yet, and it's been like 9 months. But oh well, hoping to get back to business once I've dealt with the recent stuff.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 07:40   #249
supraspecies

Regarding restored boss fight track (awesome track, by the way), I left the original cdaudio.wad for a simple reason: when you die in this fight (and you are likely to), the track never resumes. Which is somewhere along the lines of a bug to me. First it plays, but as soon as you die, it is forever gone.
supraspecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 14:14   #250
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraspecies View Post
Regarding restored boss fight track (awesome track, by the way), I left the original cdaudio.wad for a simple reason: when you die in this fight (and you are likely to), the track never resumes. Which is somewhere along the lines of a bug to me. First it plays, but as soon as you die, it is forever gone.
I believe this to be normal behaviour, but someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

The music cue will trigger as intended as the level gets underway, so if you make a save (before music cue) right at the start of Meteorite Cavern, die and then reload, the music should trigger again. However, saving during the battle (after music has been triggered) will result in the track no longer playing. The same goes for other music triggers throughout the game.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote