Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 27-05-17, 03:11   #11
ECB

Watching it on Netflix right now and I'm LOVING it.

I think Archie is so damn sexy and so are Betty and Veronica! I love the dark take on the show.
ECB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-17, 00:27   #12
interstellardave

Just finished binge-watching this on Netflix with my wife. AMAZING show! Few shows hook me the way this one did.

SPOILERS: This is all about one character, because it's what resonated the most to me at the end... but if discussion continues in this thread I can talk about how I feel about the others (all of whom were great). But it was one character, in particular, whom I found most interesting despite not being one of the major 4. She was the most tragic character, despite most often being portrayed as the "mean girl"... Cheryl Blossom.

So, I am wondering if I'm the only one who liked her? It became apparent to me that she was a good person inside who grew up under the shadow of a brother she loved dearly--but whom her parents also loved far more than they loved her. As such she could not have grown up secure about herself and her place in the world.

But underneath it all she was a good person... which was evident because every time she was put in a situation to really make a decision on the spur of the moment, when the heat was on, she usually did the right thing. To me that was the real her, which was usually submerged under her fake persona that lashed out at everyone else before they could hurt her--which I think she expected everyone would, if given the chance.

The best thing about Betty, Veronica, Archie, and Jughead, was that they subverted her expectations most of the time, and showed her kindness or, at least, understanding. They helped her come out of the shadow of her terrible family. So I was very happy that they were able to save her from dying in the last episode. The way they ultimately treated her spoke best about their own inherent goodness.

Plus that was the moment where Archie finally made a difference... something he earlier had said he wasn't doing. All year he was trying to help people and it hadn't made a bit of difference, he said--and that was pretty much true. He couldn't get out of his own way most of the time. But he sure made a difference in the end. That was surely his finest moment.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-17, 00:22   #13
Lenochka
Golden

^
She was also one of my favorite characters aswell. Dat iconic spider broach tho~
Lenochka is offline   Reply With Quote