Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 25-01-15, 11:16   #41
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain View Post
Indeed it looks you need to set the resolution you want to play the game in. But in this case FOV might have to be other value than 322 to achieve faithful widescreen, that requires some trial and error I guess... What resolution do you want to use?
Let's say I want to run it in 720x576 pixels... but even when I try using arbitrary ratio setting it doesn't seem to work - the screen is still adjusted to 1600x900 pixels regardless of which resolution I try to run the game in, which shows by how the graphics are stretched or zoomed in resolutions other than 1600x900... So again, I'm confused by this... Maybe different settings are needed for lower resolutions indeed, certainly it looks like the camera is way too close and the FOV is too narrow.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-15, 11:31   #42
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrij View Post
^ Cropping (and/or stretching) artwork should be a crime, to be honest.

I will take black bars on the sides over that any day. Their intended format should be respected in my opinion, although I do think the OP for the most part has done a faithful job at expanding them.
Thank you! That's exactly what I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavi View Post
I love the title and Lara's home screen. However the loading screens are a lame effort.

Here is how you can improve
Cropping is a crime, and the loading screens have compositions that just can't be cropped that much. I tried it, trust me. And I just didn't feel like making all of these loading screens widescreen like I did with the title screens, some of them are just way too hard to 'make up extra image' on the sides. I just went with "black bars" indeed, and just made the black bars a little more interesting.
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 22:40   #43
stellalune

These are awesome, TRJTA! Would you allow me to host them on my site as well? I would include downloads on the same page as Mr Fourblack's widescreen patch, with a link to this thread and credit to you, of course.
stellalune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 20:04   #44
Kev195

Can someone help me with this patch ? I'm having a debug assertion fail when I try to launch it. Is it not compatible with the gold version ?
Kev195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-17, 19:58   #45
JOHN30011887

Is there any tutorial to make our own menu's

I use photoshop alot but i cant seem to get the colors to work properly for the tomb raider 1 and ub menu
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-17, 08:05   #46
Dustie

^ Changing the Tomb Raider 1 and UB title image has been attempted as far as I can remember, but I can't remember what the results were. I remember someone posting something about the image's palette being possibly hardcoded... Either way you should ask this in the Tomb Raider 1 section, not here (Tomb Raider 3).
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 21:50   #47
Famicom

TR improved title screen works great on the GOG version.
I wonder if the OP or somebody could do the same with TR Unfinished Business title screen...
Famicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 22:37   #48
Teeth

That would be extremely easy. It has a plain black background. Just add black bars either side of it.
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-18, 04:33   #49
NYCL@R@

Im having trouble finding the Tomb Raider III folder. I downloaded the game from steam and all I have is the desktop short cut so I cant get to any folders to save any patches or files.
NYCL@R@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-18, 09:23   #50
TR1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCL@R@ View Post
Im having trouble finding the Tomb Raider III folder. I downloaded the game from steam and all I have is the desktop short cut so I cant get to any folders to save any patches or files.
Program Files (x86) - Steam - steamapps - common - TombRaider (III)
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote