www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old 12-08-17, 20:08   #4091
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

I always remember being bothered as a child by the fact that Angelina had green eyes instead of brown. And her hair was always pulled back.

But looking back, AJ nailed classic Lara's personality. I think she was a little more social however, which inspired Legend Lara.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 21:08   #4092
Patrick star
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I always remember being bothered as a child by the fact that Angelina had green eyes instead of brown. And her hair was always pulled back.
I've always hated that too . I mean , I'm not so insanely obsessed with the absolute need to make every inch of the actress look like Lara Croft's counterpart (like some member around here ) but at that time in which Lara still hadn't had the many eye color variations she has now (with different shades of brown and light hazel etc) , the movie makers still noticed Angelina's glowing green eyes and just couldn't bother to give her brown lenses , a process that can be done in less than 30 seconds .

And also , reading the movie section in the 20th Anni book , I began to have an old-new impression that Angelina wanted to make Classic Lara closer to her when in reality : a professional actor does all his best to become the character and transform himself into it , embodying it . The worst offender has to be when the woman responsible for the clothes in the first movie talked about how she designed Lara's wardrobe in the movie based on what Angelina likes to wear in real life because "Angelina still had to find herself and not be completely lost in the character" and I was like hasn't anybody considered that becoming lost and nonexistent in the character is pretty much the definition of a competent and convincing performance ? (think Charlize Theron in Monster and Meryl Streep in Florence Foster Jenkins)

Last edited by Patrick star; 12-08-17 at 21:22.
Patrick star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 21:27   #4093
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I've always hated that too . I mean , I'm not so insanely obsessed with the absolute need to make every inch of the actress look like Lara Croft's counterpart (like some member around here ) but at that time in which Lara still hadn't had the many eye color variations she has now (with different shades of brown and light hazel etc) , the movie makers still noticed Angelina's glowing green eyes and just couldn't bother to give her brown lenses , a process that can be done in less than 30 seconds .

And also , reading the movie section in the 20th Anni book , I began to have an old-new impression that Angelina wanted to make Classic Lara closer to her when in reality : a professional actor does all his best to become the character and transform himself into it , embodying it . The worst offender has to be when the woman responsible for the clothes in the first movie talked about how she designed Lara's wardrobe in the movie based on what Angelina likes to wear in real life because "Angelina still had to find herself and not be completely lost in the character" and I was like hasn't anybody considered that becoming lost and nonexistent in the character is pretty much the definition of a competent and convincing performance ? (think Charlize Theron in Monster and Meryl Streep in Florence Foster Jenkins)
^ I agree with everything you said. I heard that AJ wanted Lara to have a mohawk inspired hairstyle, which is why her hair is pulled backwards into the braid in a certain way. And that she wanted Lara to only wear mostly black or white colours.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 23:01   #4094
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Yes, that's what she says in the making of. I remember hearing about the mohawk and being rather weirded out too. As for the clothes, I thought the light blue t-shirt was a nice nod to Lara's tanktop and that their interpretation of Lara's classic outfit was fine despite the colour change (and replacing the tanktop with a t-shirt), as I figured it was meant to help the movie stand on its own.

I think Angelina was young back then and because they had to convince her to do the film, and because she herself wasn't convinced about the character, she just did everything the way she saw fit. She presented Lara the way she thought was best to present her in a theatrical film, she decided for the outfits that she felt suited her best for playing the character. I think she had a big saying in how Lara was shown in the movie.

And thank heavens they didn't let her go with the mohawk...!

Last edited by Dustie; 12-08-17 at 23:09.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 08:50   #4095
Patrick star
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
she just did everything the way she saw fit. She presented Lara the way she thought was best to present her in a theatrical film, she decided for the outfits that she felt suited her best for playing the character. I think she had a big saying in how Lara was shown in the movie.
Which is probably why till this day , I don't really think highly of AJ as Lara .

Golden rule of acting : transform yourself into the character , do NOT transform the character into you .
Old 13-08-17, 12:46   #4096
lizardspock110
Professor

I seen this on croftworldbr's page

Its featured on the website http://www.gk-films.com/

Its literally the exact same 2013 logo, maybe its not final? Thoughts?
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 13:03   #4097
joona
Student

That logo has been there for months. I hope that they make their own logo, but still with the same colors and that kind of grunge style.

Last edited by joona; 13-08-17 at 13:05.
joona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 16:32   #4098
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Which is probably why till this day , I don't really think highly of AJ as Lara .

Golden rule of acting : transform yourself into the character , do NOT transform the character into you .
Exactly!
Old 13-08-17, 17:02   #4099
Jorje Croft
Professor

I love Angelina with her own eyes, its equal to 10 women. With brown eyes she is not as beautiful as she is with green. so I'm totally OK with Lara with green eyes. Reboot Lara has light gray eyes. magically her eye color changed in RISE.
Old 13-08-17, 17:23   #4100
PinkyPromise
Historian

Kristen Stewart changed the color of her eyes in Twilight. That's commitment.

Lara always had brown eyes. In reboot too. Dyeing brown and wearing contact lenses would not have been an effort

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 13-08-17 at 17:25.
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote