www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-10-18, 23:29   #691
larafan1996
Historian

I hope this is a success, the melancholy sound of Connelly's work is the perfect companion to Nathan's soundtracks and it deserves to be preserved at the highest fidelity. It unfortunate Squareenix doesn't just fund it themselves as that figure wouldn't even be a drop in the ocean to them.
larafan1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 23:51   #692
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

I know Squeenix, CD, and whoever gave the ‘ok’ for this project, but I hate how it feels like this is the deadbeat brother of the TR Suite that no one cares about. I know it has supporters, but I really wish this thing had a big boost of support.

I guess all we can do is pledge and spread the word.
Old 19-10-18, 23:53   #693
Jorje Croft
Professor

I share it every day on insta at least in my story and I have lot of followers, but... this needs a bigger advertising . need a plan. if this fails I'll die.
Old 20-10-18, 09:20   #694
Putai
Student

Well it's gonna fail if people keeps waiting "to see if it looks better" for pledging, as I've been told by several people, or "waaa it doesn't accept PayPal" excuse. Also some people spreading lies like KS campaigns don't return your money despite it's not achieved.
All this comments and negativity don't help at all. Read the FAQ. You are not even charged if it doesn't get fund. You can be refund since Nathan refunded some people.
And for God's sake, don't wait for the last moment to pledge. If everyone does that the bar will NEVER go up. Pledge now at your own possibilities and reserve the add-ons for the last days.
And if you can't pledge, share, spread, promote. I wanna punch SE and CD for having sanctioned it but poorly promoted it, honestly. Don't get at all why this attitude, when Nathan had all their support. We fans can try but can't do all the work for them!
Old 20-10-18, 13:57   #695
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I feel that the issue here is a bit different.

Angel of Darkness soundtrack is already an orchestral recording, while the Tomb Raider 1-3 soundtracks are not. There is an added value in hearing the pieces from the first 3 games performed by an orchestra, because it's something different. Hearing the Angel of Darkness soundtrack performed by an orchestra, even if it is changed/edited/redone/reimagined/you-name-it to a significant degree, is not that much different. The idea might just not be too enticing for this very reason. People might have the impression that this is just the same thing done over again.

Moreover, this campaign is happening right after people spent money on the new Tomb Raider game, which might be a factor as well.

Not to mention The Suite's extended delay, which strained people's trust in further projects on Kickstarted related to Tomb Raider and its music, seeing how the backers are yet to see the result of their pledges; they might be wanting to wait the risk out this time round.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 16:59   #696
Jorje Croft
Professor

Yes but its not only The Angel of Darkness, Chronicles and The Last Revelation too, which has incredible music too. The Angel of Darkness OST is already a masterpiece but come on... who doesn't want to hear new arrangements of such a wonderful music.
Old 20-10-18, 18:16   #697
trin_303
Archaeologist

The problem is definitely the number of backers. TRS had 2,615 backers whilst TDAS has only 374 backers.
I wonder why is that and can't help but think that maybe people lost trust in KS after the way TRS was handled? I did come across many comments saying exactly that. However, TRS is coming out in less than a week so that should be encouraging.

Last edited by trin_303; 20-10-18 at 18:18.
trin_303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 18:34   #698
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by trin_303 View Post
The problem is definitely the number of backers. TRS had 2,615 backers whilst TDAS has only 374 backers.
I wonder why is that and can't help but think that maybe people lost trust in KS after the way TRS was handled? I did come across many comments saying exactly that. However, TRS is coming out in less than a week so that should be encouraging.
I think many people may have also used up a good chunk of their Tomb Raider soundtrack enthusiasm on the TRS Kickstarter. If Peter's campaign had been first and Nathan's second, I could see things being the other way around. And from what I remember, TRS also did seem to get more of a push from official social media accounts and stuff.

It sure is a shame that this isn't doing better. I would love to hear a proper orchestral recording of Peter's TR4 and 5 work.
Old 20-10-18, 18:54   #699
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter

While all of the above is true and they really sound like the obvious reasons that this is not getting a bigger exposure, I also remember them giving away lots of iPhones when the pledge was around 70%. I think it was a matter of 2 days or even less before it reached the goal after they did that. So that was a huge boost.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 19:05   #700
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
While all of the above is true and they really sound like the obvious reasons that this is not getting a bigger exposure, I also remember them giving away lots of iPhones when the pledge was around 70%. I think it was a matter of 2 days or even less before it reached the goal after they did that. So that was a huge boost.
Giveaways are strictly against kickstarter rules.

Last edited by ashka; 20-10-18 at 19:08.
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote