Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 18-07-18, 10:00   #1
Rafal8

Default Game is not running

Hello guys. Today i installed TRA (not steam version, disc) and when i try to run the game, it doesn't work. In task manager it shows though, but only for a second and then disappear. I have Windows 10. Any help? :P
Rafal8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 12:34   #2
LuckyEdge10

Try to run the .exe as an administrator.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 13:08   #3
Rafal8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
Try to run the .exe as an administrator.
Tried it many times, still nothing
Old 18-07-18, 17:17   #4
LuckyEdge10

Hm...I don't know.

Try to run the .exe with compatibility with Windows 7. It should work.

If not, I really don't know how to help you.

Maybe you should just download the game via torrent, it should be legal once you own the disc.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 17:18   #5
Samz

Maybe try restarting your pc and plugging your controller in and out if you're using one? sometimes LAU series just doesn't work til' I restart.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 17:27   #6
Maverin

This might seem like a silly question but did you buy the game legally? If you did, you might try to delete and reinstall the game. Then restart your computer. Changing compatibility settings or disabling full screen optimizations might help too

If you didn't install the game legally, it might be because the file is also being used by your torrent program. However, as this forum does not support such practices I will not go into further detail here.

There are no official patches for the game and I've not heard of this problem before. Were you able to run Legend without problems? Does your computer have the specs to run the game?

Last edited by Maverin; 18-07-18 at 17:29.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 18:08   #7
Rafal8

I bought game legally, like 8 years ago (it was edition with all tomb raider games). I tried to run game with all windows compatiblity and it didn't worked. I restarted PC and reinstalled game 3 times. Nothing. I'm using mouse and keyboard, not any pad or sth.
Old 18-07-18, 18:09   #8
Rafal8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
This might seem like a silly question but did you buy the game legally? If you did, you might try to delete and reinstall the game. Then restart your computer. Changing compatibility settings or disabling full screen optimizations might help too

If you didn't install the game legally, it might be because the file is also being used by your torrent program. However, as this forum does not support such practices I will not go into further detail here.

There are no official patches for the game and I've not heard of this problem before. Were you able to run Legend without problems? Does your computer have the specs to run the game?
I didn't try to run Legend, but both Legend and Anniversary worked before (2-3 years ago on same PC). Yes, my computer have specs to run the game. It runned 2013 tho so i don't see point not to run Anniversary and i said it worked a couple of years ago.
Old 18-07-18, 21:32   #9
FreakRaider

ah, i've had this too, not only with tra but also trl. have you tried running it in compatibility mode for xp for example?

if it's freshly installed there shouldn't be any file issues. maybe the disk is scratched?
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 22:51   #10
Maverin

hmm if you're able to run TR2013 then surely it can run this game. Have you tried disabling your antivirus? It's possible that for some reason your antivirus blocks a file or worse deletes one making the game unable to run. Try updating your drivers and install Directx 9c too which the game needs, you can download it from Microsoft's official site here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/down....aspx?id=34429

How large is your TRA.exe file? There are many different versions apparently
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote