Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 29-11-17, 17:35   #1
Tonyrobinson

Default Favourite storylines from the Tomb Raider Comics

What's everyone's favourite storylines from the comics?

For me I was obsessed with the story line about Medusa's Mask. It was such a great old school adventure story steeped in Greek mythology. It also reminded me a lot of Core's earlier vision of the original game.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 29-11-17 at 17:36.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-17, 19:37   #2
King Ultra

I don't remember the name exactly but the one when Lara Dies in the huge Top Cow cross over battlenin new york,then finds herself trapped in the Egyptian underworld,and has to find a way out (which she obviously did)
King Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-17, 15:55   #3
Moon-Safari

Lara and witch blade I think it was their first putting together. It was my first TR comic and it was 30$ with a golden glittery cover. I think they went to a fancy museum party and escaped in a red car and jumped off a bridge. Pretty cool.

The new GOL Lara comics are an awesome return to form. I loved the black dude with the eagle. Great edition and I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 artists renditions.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-17, 16:23   #4
Zsott

The very last issue, where Lara was selfish enough to drink from the fountain of the eternal youth.
Especially the last text with the last panel: "The adventure never ends!" and Lara winks at you.

Also where she actually dies in the witchblade crossover. I like the friendship between her and that woman.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-17, 15:55   #5
HarleyCroft

I would have to say the Medusa Mask Saga as well!

Not sure why but the first few issues of a new comic series tend to be the best. It's like some sort of phenomenon

I'm slowly working my way through the first 3 Archives (to prevent binge burnout) and the first few issues are just written so well! I maybe have a bias because the artwork and colouring is so gorgeous But the plot, pacing and dialogue is also exquisite
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 20:38   #6
Daring Do

The Samiko arc was pretty good, despite it's ending. Himiko ended up being a pretty cool villain.
Daring Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-17, 18:40   #7
biscuits

I enjoyed the entire post TR2013 run. I really liked that one issue where Lara took part in the Pride and Prejudice play and really enjoyed how she fought off baddies while in a dress.
If I had to choose one though, it would be the Queen of Serpents arc. It was the most tightly written.
I intend to read the Top Cow comics eventually.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote