Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 27-12-16, 01:15   #1
dinne

Default Why Lara steals the Iris from VCI?

*deleted by the author*

Last edited by dinne; 18-02-21 at 18:29.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-16, 02:12   #2
larafan25

Long story short: she's a bitch.

Short story long: somewhere along the course of her life, she changed her mind and decided that taking things is okay.

I'm assuming she felt one way about it when she was 15, and by the time she visited VCI, she was already into stealing things. Also, it seems the rivalry was already in full bloom during the Cambodia Expedition. It seems to be the type of relationship they have.

I feel... love. Intense love that I have not felt before. For Lara to find such a perfect match in someone... a lot older than her. For her to treat him as a contemporary, and for him to treat her that way. As he eventually did. That they did not look upon each other as weak, but as capable competition. I'm sure their relationship was lots of fun. Shooting each other is just part of that fun.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-16, 10:09   #3
CheshireBitch

Well since Lara is the kind of hero that save the world, I think she is stealing the Iris because VCI is using it to create very powerful weapons ! Like army weapons or something. or simply because she thinks it will be used for bad things.

And in every Tomb Raider Lara eventually gets the artefact because it's becomming a threat to the world. She search it because she wants it, but she stops world domination/destruction each time.

Anyway, even the existance of VCI doesn't make sense. Everything in this part of the game is an excuse to get a stealth level !
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-16, 11:21   #4
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I feel... love. Intense love that I have not felt before. For Lara to find such a perfect match in someone... a lot older than her. For her to treat him as a contemporary, and for him to treat her that way. As he eventually did. That they did not look upon each other as weak, but as capable competition. I'm sure their relationship was lots of fun. Shooting each other is just part of that fun.
what it's called gerontophilia
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-16, 15:12   #5
SLAYER

I always assumed that Lara won the race or felt that she earned it either way. I like larafan25's interpretation, the dynamic relationship between the two probably influenced her actions. They both kept one upping each other, she would have stole it whether she won or not.

Last edited by SLAYER; 27-12-16 at 19:13.
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-16, 18:49   #6
charmedangelin

She probably wanted to get Von Croy's attention. When she planned a trip for Egypt to get the amulet from Set's Tomb, she probably heard that Von Croy was in the area and was after the amulet as well. She probably remembered the first encounter being with Von Croy in Cambodia thus we have the first levels of TR4 and thought that stealing the Iris would be a good way of getting his attention and having him know that she was the one who did it.

Lara must have thought it to be a perfect opportunity to settle an old score with him.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-16, 00:22   #7
peeves

Well i guess because lara wanted to take things because she was so hardcore and stealing things that's how badass core lara is.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-16, 04:17   #8
Quebsenuef

I assumed she went to take it bc Werner and company were using it to do bad things. It can teleport you as we can see in some of those levels so who knows what they wanted to use that power for. Lara isn't ever only after things for greed and personal success. She usually saves the world in the end and stops the bad guy. It just isn't outright explained to us in the VCI levels.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 08:29   #9
JoelCaesar

I assumed that Lara felt she deserved it if she won the race in The Last Revelation and therefore went out to take back what she deserved.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 19:27   #10
peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I assumed that Lara felt she deserved it if she won the race in The Last Revelation and therefore went out to take back what she deserved.
At times i was thinking the same thing.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote