Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 05-04-12, 13:05   #2891
ProtocolX27

The seams I want to fix are actually between mesh groups like you described on the previous page. I need to fix the seams between torso and arm mesh groups, which should not be too complicated.

Next project:

I have a fabric material that was included in the original game model but was not included in the character release for XNALara. How can I get that material applied correctly as it was in the game itself? It was a UModel, so will I need anything from the original data?
ProtocolX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 16:49   #2892
XNAaraL

You can find here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...postcount=1735 the table with all XNALara / XPS render groups.

Example:

You has found a specular fabric texture for the t-shirt.
Select with Blender the t-shirt and take a look to the object name.
Maybe the name start with 1_tshirt_0.1_16_12
The render group number is the first token separated with the underscore sign. In this example 1_
The render table show for render group 1

render group 1 | with 6 textures from type | Diffuse, Lightmap, Bumpmap, Mask, Bump1, Bump2 exactly in this order!

Search and find a render group with Specular Map

render group 22 | with 7 textures from type | Diffuse, Lightmap, Bumpmap, Mask, Bump1, Bump2, Specular exactly in this order!

Solution:
Change the the object name for the t-shirt to
22_tshirt_0.1_16_12
and add the specular map at position 7
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 19:34   #2893
FearEffect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
Di niente, dovere!
np

I has made this tutorial for you 24-02-12. One day after your request. Before exactly one month.

I has used the same model like you. The Leon model are uploaded by XXMAUROXX http://xxmauroxx.deviantart.com/art/...tion-284227885

I has used W7 64 bit, Blender 2.49b-64 bit, notepad, MeshAsciiExt 1.7 Blender importer and it works fine for me. You can see the result as image.
I has also tested my instructions with Windows XP and Blender 2.49b 32-bit. Works fine.

I don't know what you make wrong.
Ok , thanks i'll try !
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 18:55   #2894
FearEffect

Hi XNAaral

FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 23:40   #2895
ProtocolX27

Quote:
You can find here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...postcount=1735 the table with all XNALara / XPS render groups.

Example:

You has found a specular fabric texture for the t-shirt.
Select with Blender the t-shirt and take a look to the object name.
Maybe the name start with 1_tshirt_0.1_16_12
The render group number is the first token separated with the underscore sign. In this example 1_
The render table show for render group 1

render group 1 | with 6 textures from type | Diffuse, Lightmap, Bumpmap, Mask, Bump1, Bump2 exactly in this order!

Search and find a render group with Specular Map

render group 22 | with 7 textures from type | Diffuse, Lightmap, Bumpmap, Mask, Bump1, Bump2, Specular exactly in this order!

Solution:
Change the the object name for the t-shirt to
22_tshirt_0.1_16_12
and add the specular map at position 7

I switched the group to 22, made sure all 7 textures were present, but I'm still having problems.

1) The mask does not seem to be working. The bump map covers the whole mesh and not just the masked areas.

Edit: I have the mask working, but it only works for first bump map.

2) Only the first bump map is displaying, and the second is being ignored.

Edit: I are masks used for each bump map?

I have test different values in the mesh.ascii and toggled different items within Blender's texture controls without success.

Any recommended settings I should be trying?

Thanks

Last edited by ProtocolX27; 08-04-12 at 01:29.
Old 08-04-12, 18:09   #2896
XNAaraL

Default The file _mask

The mask image controls both mini maps:
Red color parts show the mini map named bump1
Green color parts show the mini map named bump2
Old 09-04-12, 12:52   #2897
ProtocolX27

Quote:
The mask image controls both mini maps:
Red color parts show the mini map named bump1
Green color parts show the mini map named bump2
¡Muchas Gracias!

I was wondering if it was something simple like that!
Old 13-04-12, 21:50   #2898
FHead

Hi, I'm trying to make different models by putting heads onto different bodies. I've followed the tutorial on here and it works like a charm, but I'm having trouble with models I'm using. Some of the optional items on models are tied together. What I mean is the optional item that has the head of the character also has the arms and legs instead of being separate, how do I get around this? Or are just some models that way and there's nothing to do?

For example on crofty's Heather Mason model, the selection that has her face also has the hoodie of her vest jacket, her thighs, and arms.

Last edited by FHead; 13-04-12 at 21:54.
FHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-12, 16:12   #2899
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHead View Post
Hi, I'm trying to make different models by putting heads onto different bodies. I've followed the tutorial on here and it works like a charm, but I'm having trouble with models I'm using. Some of the optional items on models are tied together. What I mean is the optional item that has the head of the character also has the arms and legs instead of being separate, how do I get around this? Or are just some models that way and there's nothing to do?

For example on crofty's Heather Mason model, the selection that has her face also has the hoodie of her vest jacket, her thighs, and arms.
I am glade the tutorial are usefull

Some models has arms and legs not separated into different mesh parts. It is only one part! In this issuses, the optional item contains arms and legs.

Solution:
Convert the model as Generic.mesh.ascii and change the render group to another group with transparency and modify the texture image.
  • XPS-->Modify-->Save_GenericItem-->save as Generic_Item.mesh.ascii
  • Edit the file Generic_Item.mesh.ascii with a text editor
  • Search for the optional item. Example: If the item name are body then seach for body_
  • Change the number before the first underscore to 7. Example: 2_+body.body_0.1_0_0 --> 7_+body.body_0.1_0_0
  • Edit the texture image (3 lines later) and add a alpha chanel and remove the parts which you dosent need.
  • Convert the file back to Generic_Item.mesh using XPS-->Modify-->Load_GenericItem-->Generic_Item.mesh and -->Modify-->Save_GenericItem-->save as Generic_Item.mesh

Last edited by XNAaraL; 15-04-12 at 16:14.
Old 16-04-12, 23:40   #2900
ProtocolX27

Okay, I'm getting really frustrated with this one. :-/

I switched feet from one model and added them to another. I used the tutorial to join the vertices that didn't match. I also tried different weight paints and moviing vertex groups in case they were not assigned correctly.

I still get this...

Is the problem with the bone?