Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 13-09-17, 18:53   #331
GoldfishGam3r

Sorry, I should have posted it. Yes, I did select those options. I'm gonna try to render the into FMV in 720p and try that. Though even if that works, there's still the problem that I can't play the game in 4k, since 3840x2160 is not available in the setup... Meanwhile, here's the log:

Quote:
Peixotos's patch remote settings:
args: setup
compatlayer: FaultTolerantHeap
Controller: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;b LeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;Start=9;Back=10;LEFT _THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.250000;
d3D: 3
d3D_Driver: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_ dispi.inf_amd64_ce1961376673184c\nvldumd.dll
dshow: 1
error_log: E:\Pastas Sistema\Desktop\Peixoto\Peixoto\error.log
HD: 1
HideBorder: 1
injector_dir: E:\Pastas Sistema\Desktop\Peixoto\Peixoto
max_4x3_res: 1280x960
modspath: E:\Pastas Sistema\Documents\Games\TombRaider4\mods
Mydocs: E:\Pastas Sistema\Documents
NEFS: 1
os_version: 10.000000
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 720x576 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1176x664 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x960 1280x1024 1360x768 1366x768 1600x900 1600x1024 1680x1050 1768x992 3840x2160 1920x1080 1440x900
script: Scripts\Tomb4.ahk
script_hwnd: 0xc047a
target: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tomb Raider (IV) The Last Revelation\tomb4.exe
target_dir: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tomb Raider (IV) The Last Revelation
target_name: tomb4.exe
Textswap: path=E:\Pastas Sistema\Documents\Games\TombRaider4\Textures;sampl es=4;thumbnail=256;Next=];Prev=[;dump=o;Switch=i;color_switch=u;Quick=;ddraw=True; nopopins=False;

Succedeed to create the DirectShow interfaces
Succeeded to hook IVideoWindow::SetWindowPosition
Succeeded to hook IMediaControl::Run
Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDeviceW::GetDeviceState
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDevice8W::GetDeviceState
Desktop 1920x1080
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_ dispi.inf_amd64_ce1961376673184c\nvldumd.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D3::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::SetTexture
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Unlock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::EnumDisplayModes
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::SetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3:rawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3:rawIndexedPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3:rawPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::SetCooperativeLevel
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetAttachedSurface
0 <- 0 means no error
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::BeginScene
IDirect3DDevice3:rawPrimitive is already hooked
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
FMV playback failed, most likely missing the correct codec
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
FMV playback failed, most likely missing the correct codec
Releasing Clipper 0
And here's a picture from the setup:
GoldfishGam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17, 01:10   #332
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishGam3r View Post
Sorry, I should have posted it. Yes, I did select those options. I'm gonna try to render the into FMV in 720p and try that. Though even if that works, there's still the problem that I can't play the game in 4k, since 3840x2160 is not available in the setup... Meanwhile, here's the log:

And here's a picture from the setup:
OK, the resolution problem should be fixed now

the FMVs problem is probably not the size but the codec:

donwload K-lite, or you can try to encode the mp4 with MPEG4 instead of h.264

Last edited by Peixoto; 14-09-17 at 01:24.
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 15:15   #333
justme4evah

Hi guys! I've noticed some issues with the TR2 IOS HD textures and wanted to let you know.

Here's a pic: https://imgur.com/0lkNgfH

As well as in this walkthrough, same as above, there are some weird lines on Lara's body: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWg5FrLVhTE

Also, music does not loop, it only plays once and then it stops. Noticed when I played the violins theme in Lara's Home. My TR version: TR2 from GOG TR1-2-3, my patches: Tomb Raider 2 update from trupdate.exe, latest TombRaiderFIX (million thanks, Peixoto, you are absolutely amazing) and the HQ FMVs.

Just wanted to let you guys know, I'm already playing TR1 with HD textures, movies and TombATI, it looks gorgeous. I also want TR2 to be perfect, if possible. Tons of kisses!
justme4evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 02:29   #334
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme4evah View Post
Hi guys! I've noticed some issues with the TR2 IOS HD textures and wanted to let you know.

Here's a pic: https://imgur.com/0lkNgfH

As well as in this walkthrough, same as above, there are some weird lines on Lara's body: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWg5FrLVhTE

Also, music does not loop, it only plays once and then it stops. Noticed when I played the violins theme in Lara's Home. My TR version: TR2 from GOG TR1-2-3, my patches: Tomb Raider 2 update from trupdate.exe, latest TombRaiderFIX (million thanks, Peixoto, you are absolutely amazing) and the HQ FMVs.

Just wanted to let you guys know, I'm already playing TR1 with HD textures, movies and TombATI, it looks gorgeous. I also want TR2 to be perfect, if possible. Tons of kisses!
I received lots of requests to 'fix' the sound on TR2, but i am quite happy with the way it is, so i prefer to invest my time somewhere else.

You could try arsunt's patch though
Old 09-10-17, 08:44   #335
justme4evah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
I received lots of requests to 'fix' the sound on TR2, but i am quite happy with the way it is, so i prefer to invest my time somewhere else.

You could try arsunt's patch though
I want to start by saying you are great, fixed a lot of older games, thank you so much!

Sure, the sound is OK for TR2, I mean, maybe it's supposed not to loop, I can't remember very well.

What do you think about those lines on Lara's body? disabling HD textures is the only thing that fixes it. I tried focing antialiasing and anisotropic off with no result. I also tried disabling graphic options, also to no avail.

I think arsunt's patch is not released yet, right? If otherwise could you please provide a link.

One more thing, I am playing Resident Evil 1 using your patch, and I get some weird flickering artifacts on the borders of the bottom and right side of the screen: https://imgur.com/cS5Jwfl

Do you know a fix? Have you encountered this problem? RE and TR are two of my most favorite video game series. I'd want to play them at their best. I'm using Rendition in the game's options, 3dfx does not load and Matrox has even more graphical artifacts.

Last edited by justme4evah; 11-10-17 at 20:30.
Old 15-10-17, 19:06   #336
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme4evah View Post
I want to start by saying you are great, fixed a lot of older games, thank you so much!

Sure, the sound is OK for TR2, I mean, maybe it's supposed not to loop, I can't remember very well.

What do you think about those lines on Lara's body? disabling HD textures is the only thing that fixes it. I tried focing antialiasing and anisotropic off with no result. I also tried disabling graphic options, also to no avail.

I think arsunt's patch is not released yet, right? If otherwise could you please provide a link.

One more thing, I am playing Resident Evil 1 using your patch, and I get some weird flickering artifacts on the borders of the bottom and right side of the screen: https://imgur.com/cS5Jwfl

Do you know a fix? Have you encountered this problem? RE and TR are two of my most favorite video game series. I'd want to play them at their best. I'm using Rendition in the game's options, 3dfx does not load and Matrox has even more graphical artifacts.
No idea about the artifacts on RE, the lines on lara's body could probably be fixed by modifying the replacement texture
Old 17-10-17, 14:49   #337
justme4evah

Hi, that's good to know. About RE, I use your latest multi-patch. I also used an older NEWEUR_FIX.exe version 23, the issue was not present there, but there are some other misalignements since it's an old patch. It's just an invisible border outside the bottom and right side of the screen that keeps getting flickering texture on it when moving from one scene to another. It also happens if I use the damian's HD mod without your patch. Weird, anything above 640x480 causes this issue.

EDIT: Hmm...I enable FXAA in Nvidia Control Panel and the glitches on the right border of the screen seem to fade away after a while, it seems it's an AA problem.

Last edited by justme4evah; 17-10-17 at 16:02.
Old 19-10-17, 17:58   #338
Peixoto

Well i wanted to let this topic die, but since it is alive, there is an update on line with new features for TR 2, 3, 4 and 5

- Support for 4K monitors

- Fast transitions between FMVs and game

- Anisotropic filtering for TR 2 and 3
Old 25-10-17, 00:14   #339
VictorXD

Great!
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-17, 02:57   #340
Peixoto

Texture swapping now occurs without any stuttering or pop-ins

also fixed a glitch on TR3 inventory screen introduced in the last update