Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-08-16, 11:30   #23941
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
True but that was mixed with other viruses, they could simply make the Progenitor virus and since Alex might be in the game maybe a mixture with T-Phoebes as well
Well, to be honest given there was an umbrella helicopter in the demo I get the feeling that the house and the family are a test site that time forgot from long ago. So perhaps they did use a really early form of the virus to test on them.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-16, 11:32   #23942
sackboy123

And maybe these people from the Demo and the Woman from the trailer are just maybe people who went mad from the virus

Another story element which reminds me of Outlast and Project Walrider
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-16, 12:24   #23943
shockwave_pulsar00

Here we have more of a "gameplay" footage trailer that shows nothing like a "return to Resident Evil's roots". Its a trailer, so I won't complain about it looking scripted as hell, because it is.

- We have a woman running around a bayou where way too much of the scares look supernatural. We have one enemy who seems to "Jason" (Friday the 13th) her way around the level, creating blockage and shutting doors. Granted this isn't the craziest thing RE has ever done.

- There is no combat of any kind shown. I don't mean exclusively gun combat. I don't care how scared you are, you will try to find something to defend yourself. If not that, at least objects to create distractions. They've just been showing run and hide gameplay, which really does not help the Outlast comparison.

- It looks ugly. I don't mean in a "beautiful ugly" way. I think the texturing and modeling on everything except the "Lantern Lady", look poor for a PS4 game. They almost look on par with RE6 for PS3, just with better lighting. Everything just looks BLAND. Past Resident Evil games at least had pretty memorable designs to its level layout. We get nothing but brown hallways with a light yellowish filter over everything.

-The game really does just look CHEAP. I feel maybe part of it is so they could hit 60 FPS, but the other side of me says its so they can maximize profits.

TO ME, this does not look like a logical progression for Resident Evil. Even with trying to return to what made them "scary". I feel any legit criticism at this point, always get turned into 2 things:

1. "RE has always changed it formula! Its never gonna be like the PS1 games again, so **** off fanboy!"
2. "They haven't shown us everything, you can't judge it yet!"
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-16, 12:31   #23944
Nenya awakens
Golden

Still not sure about the 3rd person, but aside from that I like how this is shaping up.
Nenya awakens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-16, 12:54   #23945
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
Here we have more of a "gameplay" footage trailer that shows nothing like a "return to Resident Evil's roots". Its a trailer, so I won't complain about it looking scripted as hell, because it is.

- We have a woman running around a bayou where way too much of the scares look supernatural. We have one enemy who seems to "Jason" (Friday the 13th) her way around the level, creating blockage and shutting doors. Granted this isn't the craziest thing RE has ever done.

- There is no combat of any kind shown. I don't mean exclusively gun combat. I don't care how scared you are, you will try to find something to defend yourself. If not that, at least objects to create distractions. They've just been showing run and hide gameplay, which really does not help the Outlast comparison.

- It looks ugly. I don't mean in a "beautiful ugly" way. I think the texturing and modeling on everything except the "Lantern Lady", look poor for a PS4 game. They almost look on par with RE6 for PS3, just with better lighting. Everything just looks BLAND. Past Resident Evil games at least had pretty memorable designs to its level layout. We get nothing but brown hallways with a light yellowish filter over everything.

-The game really does just look CHEAP. I feel maybe part of it is so they could hit 60 FPS, but the other side of me says its so they can maximize profits.

TO ME, this does not look like a logical progression for Resident Evil. Even with trying to return to what made them "scary". I feel any legit criticism at this point, always get turned into 2 things:

1. "RE has always changed it formula! Its never gonna be like the PS1 games again, so **** off fanboy!"
2. "They haven't shown us everything, you can't judge it yet!"
This to a tee.
After the massive success of REmake and Zero's HD ports - they don't acknowledge that?
I know not everyone wants the classic tank style back - but they could have at least taken a few cues from those games - fans clearly want some of that back..
Guess we won't know anything for sure until actual real gameplay is shown.

I have to admit, given everything - I'd like this game a lot more if it was in third person - even with all the 'ghost' stuff and local. Fixed or moving cameras, not seeing the woman behind a corner for example.. jump scares galore there.. would be better IMO
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-16, 13:08   #23946
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
This to a tee.
After the massive success of REmake and Zero's HD ports - they don't acknowledge that?
I know not everyone wants the classic tank style back - but they could have at least taken a few cues from those games - fans clearly want some of that back..
Guess we won't know anything for sure until actual real gameplay is shown.

I have to admit, given everything - I'd like this game a lot more if it was in third person - even with all the 'ghost' stuff and local. Fixed or moving cameras, not seeing the woman behind a corner for example.. jump scares galore there.. would be better IMO

I'm not really a stickler for tank controls, or more 3D controls like Remaster and later games. I'm also not exclusively for fixed camera angles. I mean we've had a few different 3rd person cameras in the series:

- Fixed
- Dynamic fixed (Games like Code Veronica and Outbreak)
- Directly behind the character (Dead Aim)
- Over the Shoulder
- Free Floating Over the Shoulder (RE 6)

I do feel with RE, a more Cinematic camera angle like 3rd person is better. I'm not a fan of first person games, but a few do cross my Radar that I can and want to play.

Portal, Mirror's Edge, Bioshock, We Happy Few are a few to name.

I understand and actually like the idea of what they are doing with the story and "characters", I feel its all being executed terribly. If they are going to make a first person game, then the environments better look on point since that is all you will see and interact with. Right now everything just looks dead and bland.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-16, 13:17   #23947
sackboy123

It looks like early gameplay, I just hope we can interact with everything like for example in Gone Home and Layers of Fears you can open every draw and cupboard and pick up every single object and just fling it across the room if we wanted to

I think Amnesia had this I'm not sure haven't played it yet
Old 17-08-16, 13:39   #23948
Mr GaGa

I wonder will the Resident Evi lfranchise ever reach the success of RE 5&6 ever again selling 5-6 million copies in under a year, looks unlikely
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-16, 13:43   #23949
sackboy123

Well you can't say that yet until the time comes, might actually be a massive success like RE4 was at the time as it was brand new at the time and was different to the previous titles and now RE7 is basically the RE4, the same thing will probably end up happening again. Not to mention first person horror games are quite rare to find these days so fans of Outlast, Amnesia will probably get into the game and could increase the sales of the game
Old 17-08-16, 13:57   #23950
Mr GaGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Well you can't say that yet until the time comes, might actually be a massive success like RE4 was at the time as it was brand new at the time and was different to the previous titles and now RE7 is basically the RE4, the same thing will probably end up happening again. Not to mention first person horror games are quite rare to find these days so fans of Outlast, Amnesia will probably get into the game and could increase the sales of the game
First person games in general are so abundant and made so often that it is nothing special when you see an announcement for one. They all look the same and they all have the exact same protagonist...the camera and hands
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote