Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 23-07-17, 15:48   #1
Wooxman

Lightbulb The "Lara Croft" games don't take place in the same universe as LAU

I got a new phone and aside from the fact that I'm finally able to play Relic Run without framerate issues, I also had to start playing from scratch since this game doesn't have cloud saving.

Anyway, there's a bit of debate about whether Lara in GoL, ToO and Relic Run is the same as classic Lara, LAU Lara, reboot Lara from the future or completely separate from all of them. The most common suggestion is that it's LAU Lara since she has the same voice and stuff like the same backpack. But then again LAU Lara has the same type of pistols as AoD and movie Lara and all three of them are certainly different from each other.

What's certain is that Relic Run is within the same canon as at least ToO since both games feature Carter Bell.

Also Relic Run has a piece of proof that this universe is separate from the LAU universe. It's this piece of text that comes up after collecting one of the relics:

Tomb Raider Underworld introduced Naga as rather animal like and not necessarily intelligent beings: https://www.wikiraider.com/index.php/Naga

Though Relic Run's Naga are certainly very different from that and more advanced, which means that both games can't take place within the same universe.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 16:14   #2
VictorXD

Well there was no need to speculate at all, CD said themselves that Lara Croft universe Lara is a different incarnation
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 16:28   #3
Wooxman

AFAIK they only said that it's different from the reboot universe but I don't recall them differentiating Goal from the LAU trilogy when it was released.
Old 23-07-17, 21:51   #4
Patrick star

Nope , they've confirmed that the LC games are their own standalone universe the moment they started promoting GoL , some people can still go on convincing themselves that the LC games are sequels to Underworld all they want , but it is NOT true , nor is it official .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 23:19   #5
Wooxman

I must've missed that piece of information then. So many people act as if spin-off Lara was the same as LAU Lara that I thought that there was no denial coming from Crystal.
Old 24-07-17, 18:03   #6
Cezar

You are all wrong, in Lara Croft: Reflection there is information which connects LAU canon and Lara Croft series It was confirmed there that Lara Croft series takes place after the trilogy.
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-17, 19:42   #7
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar View Post
You are all wrong, in Lara Croft: Reflection there is information which connects LAU canon and Lara Croft series It was confirmed there that Lara Croft series takes place after the trilogy.
Yeah , we should really take our information from a mere useless obscure cards game that saw a limited release for like a week then got taken off the web entirely like it never existed and which was NOT developed by CD in the first place and ignore what CD themselves have said and confirmed .

By the way , I doubt that the percentage of fans or people in general who knows that something like LC : Reflections once existed can be above 0.00000001% , I for one don't know crap about it

Last edited by Patrick star; 24-07-17 at 19:55.
Old 25-07-17, 11:58   #8
Wooxman

Didn't Reflections feature all the Laras from all eras and mixed them together like some kind of multiverse? And wasn't the game more of a trading card game than anything with a coherent storyline?
Old 25-07-17, 13:52   #9
Patrick star

You're right . And right now it's officially a relic of the past , IIRC this game was released for a few days in Australia and New Zealand and then got erased from the web entirely . I still don't have any idea why they bothered making it at all

You can view it as anything , but something that could be taken seriously as canon .

Last edited by Patrick star; 25-07-17 at 13:53.
Old 25-07-17, 19:47   #10
Trenton

Nice!
I think perhaps the source of confusion is GoL using basically the same Lara model as TRU and being voiced by Keely Hawes. And then when they brought back Hawes to voice ToO Lara it's easy to make that connection I guess.

Last edited by Trenton; 25-07-17 at 19:48.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote