www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 10-02-18, 23:49   #31
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ In that case Core should have made two teams that would work separately on their own versions of the game. This would give each team at least two years of work time and they could have shared ideas between teams anyway. It worked with GOLD expansions, why not full games? I really don't get why they didn't do that. The only explanation I can think of is that they didn't want to share the money with anyone else. Once again I can only blame it on the management who never even thought about splitting work between two teams.
Caesum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 13:48   #32
Dug
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
^ In that case Core should have made two teams that would work separately on their own versions of the game. This would give each team at least two years of work time and they could have shared ideas between teams anyway....

You're quite right. That's nearly the same as how Call of Duty manages it, and they've lasted many, many games. The difference being that rather than having two teams within one development house, they use two development houses.

Which makes me imagine what it would have been like if every two years we received a Core Tomb Raider, and every other year we received a CD Tomb Raider. Maybe everyone would have been happy!

EDIT: Broken quotes
Dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 23:14   #33
Kurtis6
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post

Anyway yeah TR3 now was meant to be a spin-off for TR2 but ended up being TR3 instead. Reminds me of another game I believe which is similar but canít say what.
FINAL FANTASY IX, also Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was a spin-off, but because it was the last RE Game on Playstation and the downfall of Raccoon City, they decided to call Nemesis, RE3.
Kurtis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-18, 18:23   #34
Pigfaced
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis6 View Post
FINAL FANTASY IX, also Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was a spin-off, but because it was the last RE Game on Playstation and the downfall of Raccoon City, they decided to call Nemesis, RE3.
That's an interesting comparison, but I don't think that it's the same thing. I'm a huge fan of RE, and I have to say that RE3 could very well have been a spin-off, and the proper RE4 could be Code Veronica.

With TR3 however, that's not the case, since it added many more elements to the series than a simple spin-off would, at least in my opinion anyway.
Pigfaced is offline   Reply With Quote