www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 28-01-18, 21:51   #2851
robm_2007
Legend

I liked that even Chloe admitted that she found Nate annoying.
Old 29-01-18, 06:37   #2852
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

I finally beat Spelunky in under 8 minutes.
It may have taken me four years but man, it feels great.
*hordes boring trophy*
Old 31-01-18, 13:00   #2853
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

Quite a fun game to spend a few hours with It has its flaws, with levels feeling empty after the first run through them. And Challenging mode is not Challenging at all. It was MUCH easier than NG...and I was playing on Hard

7.5/10
Old 03-02-18, 21:19   #2854
robm_2007
Legend

It's way more streamlined in that there are no options to choose which powers you want, you can't upgrade them, mana regenerates (no mana elixers), and there aren't nearly as many tripwire traps, arc pylons, alarms, etc. in ratio to the game's scale/length. So it's definitely more limited than the rest of the series.

The powers are interesting enough, but it would have been nice to have a few more. Displace is the teleport, there's one to steal someone's face to disguise yourself, one to speak to rats, and one to assume a spirit form to scout ahead for secrets and mark enemies/equipment.

A couple of twists to established weapons, but the only one that I can think of that was replaced entirely was the pistol (which was no harm).

Some of the locales are revists from other entries in the series, which wasn't too big of a deal, as they are altered enough to reflect changes happening at these locations + new areas/details being added to make them not feel like they were lazy and just copy and pasted. The general art direction is still ****ing gorgeous. And I was playing too much of the game with the brightness too high, and when I lowered it, the shades, textures, shadows, and lighting were improved tenfold. It's really worth taking a bunch of screenshots, even of mundane stuff.

The Outsider can be "contacted" with glitches in the world (usually in the form of paintings/posters that are fading back and forth to the real world and the void. Because of this, he's not as present as in previous titles.

There are runes and bone charms, but they are only found through a power that lets you search areas in a "spirit" form which stops time, and the artifacts glow. It was a decent replacement for the Heart, but wasn't entertaining enough to keep using that power to find them all. Speaking of the Heart, you can no longer hear people's secrets, but speak to rats, which often sound quite poetic, but they more give mission clues from the perspective of the rats. I think there could have been a lot more rats to talk to. And there are no shrines.

Billie Lurk is a decent protagonist, but she's not really that interesting. Her performance (by Rosario Dawson) is more like she's doing a dramatic reading (and not like she was actually recording lines with her scene partners - but that's hardly her fault if that's how it turned out). But I also didn't care at all for Emily for the same reasons; she's kind of wooden. Oh, and there's this bank owner/background villain called Dolores Michaels and I kept smirking because I kept thinking that was the name of Tootsie (though it's actually Dorothy Michaels in the movie, and I really hate them for not using the same name! ).

That said, it took me 16 hours and 19 minutes, and I was doing nearly all of the contracts (which I really like - they are optional missions to steal, kill/subdue/move bodies, fetch an item, etc.), so the length is like that of a full title. But the narrative is a bit thin and doesn't really include enough to make this really feel like the end of the series (or at least, the current Dunwall/Karnaca timeline). There's not enough impact on what it's doing, but I really liked the non-lethal ending (and that the series kept its core trait in having that be an option).

In short, it is good and I think I might have liked it better than Dishonored 2 in some aspects, but DOTO doesn't really have enough "iconic moments" that the rest of the series had.

I really hope this isn't the end of the series. I would love to have a DLC (probably doesn't deserve a full release) of us playing as Granny Rags, Delilah, or even The Outsider, but I'm not sure how they would allow us to utilize the traversal and combat mechanics without powers...maybe give him gadgets?
Old 13-02-18, 18:40   #2855
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Rime

And felt quite sad afterwards.

I did not see that ending coming as the conclusion.

Apparently there are other endings though, so I will try again another time. It was a nice puzzle game.
Old 13-02-18, 22:14   #2856
DVDSpike
Professor

Finished Shadow of the Colossus for the first time, it was great!
Old 20-02-18, 22:22   #2857
charmedangelin
Professor

Just finished South Park the Stick of Truth. This game was amazing, it was really well done. It felt like you where actually in the show and I have to say that all the quests were fun and I loved the rpg game play this has. Would defiantly recommend this to any south park fan. Wish I had money to get the Fractured, but Whole, but as they say patience is a virtue.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 20-02-18 at 22:23.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 04:38   #2858
domino92
Relic Hunter

Metroid: Samus Returns

A very honourable and amazing remake of the most underrated Metroid game. The fact we have two incredible remakes of this game astounds me.
Old 24-02-18, 12:25   #2859
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Resident Evil 2 - Leon A / Claire B

9/10

I don't find Claire B to be as hard as some claim it to be. It has its moments, like the final battle against Mr X, but sometimes it's even easier than Claire A.

I missed my rank because I went to the bathroom during the credits...I didn't remember the rank screen disappeared on its own. I started Leon A from the new savegame and noticed I unlocked the Submachine Gun, so it must have been a good time, I guess :/
Old 24-02-18, 14:03   #2860
Mickybyrne20
Archaeologist

Lara Croft: Guardian of Light

Smashed right through it in one sitting. The puzzles were so fun, and multi-tiered so that you actually had to use your brain, and back track.

I honestly can't remember why I didn't play the first time I got it 4/5 years ago. It just goes to show that CD choose to make the puzzles repetitive in the reboot games, and make the traps extremely scarce. Hello, they're the funniest part of the Tomb Raider experience.

Too add: this has only made my hunger for a slightly more traditional Tomb Raider experience more apparent. I'm tired of these excuses of "she's becoming the Tomb Raider"! I'M OVER IT.

I want my old Lara back in those those stylish shorts, sarcastic attitude, and snarky one liners.

Last edited by Mickybyrne20; 24-02-18 at 17:20.
Mickybyrne20 is online now   Reply With Quote