Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 20-09-18, 02:34   #13071
Baslakor

Some objects are glitching in my level. You guys/girls encountered this problem before?

Last edited by Baslakor; 20-09-18 at 03:06.
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 20:17   #13072
A_De

^ does that object glitch in all levels or in a particular one? I mean, you could test the object in special test level to see if there is any difference.
The object may be wrong in many ways, including animations, anim-commands and push-pop flags. You can try to open and rebuild object with TRWad Reorganizer to "clear" it, it helps sometimes.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 20:43   #13073
Baslakor

Same problem in a clean wad. What is TRWad Reorganizer? I couldn't find it.
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 07:35   #13074
A_De

^Is the bug happens with only certain object? Once you know which one causes bug you can inspect it closely with Wadmerger or other tools.
Where you get that object from?
Btw, TRWad Reorganizer is here

Last edited by A_De; 21-09-18 at 07:37.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 10:31   #13075
dcw123

Anyone managed to get the TR1 mummies to work properly?

I have one in the Setha slot, and it works and attacks OK.
It does however glitch and 'flickers' between standing up and crouching, which looks horrible.. also means Lara struggled to aim at them.

I added NEF Explode to the Enemy= command, but nothing happens. Instead it performs an animation where it falls on its side, and thats it, nothing else.
This is the script I am using:

Enemy= SETHA, 100, NEF_EXPLODE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 200, 200, IGNORE ; Mutant Mummy
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 19:09   #13076
LGG_PRODUCTION

Hi, is there a way to make the Jeep slower? Because I've made a vehicle that in the reality is not very fast

For the explosion effect you can ask Psiko, Hypersquare is full of exploding enemies
LGG_PRODUCTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 20:49   #13077
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Anyone managed to get the TR1 mummies to work properly?

I have one in the Setha slot, and it works and attacks OK.
It does however glitch and 'flickers' between standing up and crouching, which looks horrible.. also means Lara struggled to aim at them.

I added NEF Explode to the Enemy= command, but nothing happens. Instead it performs an animation where it falls on its side, and thats it, nothing else.
This is the script I am using:

Enemy= SETHA, 100, NEF_EXPLODE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 200, 200, IGNORE ; Mutant Mummy
Just happened to see the same issue on AgentXP's stream just now and in that case it was about making the mutan mortal.
It also needed NEF_SET_AS_MORTAL in the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
Hi, is there a way to make the Jeep slower? Because I've made a vehicle that in the reality is not very fast
Do any of the jeep animations have speed assigned to it?
Or the Lara-vehicle?

Last edited by Titak; 23-09-18 at 20:50.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 20:59   #13078
LGG_PRODUCTION

The speed of the vehicles is hardcoded, for this reason I hoped in a plugin or lot of scripting..
Old 23-09-18, 21:57   #13079
Titak

Hardcoded. Don't you just hate that word?!
Too bad it is.

Have you looked at AkyV's information on Hidden Triggers and Memory Zones?
Might be somethign in there regarding the jeep.

Or horizontal speed in general:
Quote:
1.1.15. The name of the field:
Speed in horizontal movements (Short)

Executable combination:
Force (Y) horizontal speed on the actual animation of (X) Moveable object

Y: from 0 to any speed value
Force: continuous. When stopping it: the speeds start working 'normally'.

Notes:
- Let's see an example to understand what 'horizontal speed' exactly means now:
When Lara's standing, then she's performing her ID103 animation (Speed value in WADMerger Animation Editor: 0.) Then she starts running, performing her ID6 animation (Speed value: 23.) Then she's running, performing her ID0 animation (Speed value: 47.)
When she starts running (Animation6) then the Speed jumps from Value 0 of the previous animation to Value 23 of the present Animation, at once. But Animation6 has an 'Accel: 1' value in WADMerger Animation Editor. It means the speed will be increased by 1 per frame in the game: 24, 25 etc. When Animation6 has ended and Lara starts performing Animation0 then the last speed of Animation6 (it's probably 36) will jump from the 47 constant speed value of Animation0.
So not always WADMerger Speed value is shown in this field, but the accelerated speed value as well if the animation has Accel value. (Naturally negative Accel value means decreasing speed.)
- By the way, eg. 25 in this field means Lara will move horizontally 25 units during that frame. - Though this time 1024 units seems a bit less than 1 square.
- This combination doesn't always work. - Let's see another example to understand:
This is the 'stand jumping forward' animation combination of Lara, according to WADMerger Animation Editor:

Animation73: she's ready to jump, Speed: 0, Accel: 0
Animation76: she starts jumping forward, Speed: 99, Accel: 0
Animation77: she's jumping forward, Speed: 0, Accel: 0

But, when you study this field in the game (by Diagnostics), that's what you'll see:

Animation76: speed is constantly 99.
Animation77: speed is constantly 50. Not 0 at all!

But that is logical. I mean the speed of Animation77 is hardcoded, because the real value is 50 when Lara's performing a stand jump, and 75 when Lara's performing a run jump. WADMerger seems to be unable to handle hardcoded speed value, that's why that shows 0 speed value.
And that's the point: it seems you can force the speed value with this combination only in the case of hardcoded speeds.
For example, use it this way, if you want to force a new speed for the running jump: GlobalTrigger1 will force continuously the formula, in GT_ALWAYS way, but the GlobalTrigger is still disabled.
There are two more GlobalTriggers:
GlobalTrigger2 has a TriggerGroup as a condition. This TriggerGroup contains these condition triggers: 'if Lara is performing Animation16' OR 'if Lara is performing Animation18'. (Because the running jumps will start with Animation16 or 18, instead Animation76.) The executable trigger of this GlobalTrigger is a trigger to enable GlobalTrigger1.
So GlobalTrigger2 enabled GlobalTrigger1, the continuous force has started on the actual animation. Animation16 or 18 actual animations are too short and doesn't have a hardcoded speed, so the force has no effect now. But it will have an effect, if Animation77 starts.
GlobalTrigger3 has a TriggerGroup as a condition. This TriggerGroup contains this condition trigger: 'if Lara is not performing jumping status'. The executable trigger of this GlobalTrigger is a trigger to disable GlobalTrigger1 again. - So if Lara has finished the jump (Animation77), then the continuous force ends, preventing from overwriting the hardcoded speed of further animations.
- See more about horizontal speed in the description of 'Speed (Short)' Animation Memory Zone field below. (Chapter 5.10.)
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 09:53   #13080
LGG_PRODUCTION

This modifies the speed of the animation, not the real speed of the vehicle.