Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 09-04-15, 21:06   #1
b122251

Talking The delivery-people finally came

"Ah... The Main Hall. Sorry about the crates. I'm having some things put into storage, but the delivery-people haven't been yet." Lara said in Lara's Home from TR1.

To test a new function for my upcoming TRMOD-tool, (a function which allows the editing of world geometry in existing levels,) I decided to get rid of the crates in Lara's Home.

You can download this modified Lara's Home here.

Last edited by b122251; 22-11-15 at 08:42.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 22:01   #2
Sardoc

Cool. Looking forward to this tool and the one for triggers.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 22:07   #3
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

This is going to be an amazing tool b122251

Is it going to be able to change world geometry for all the classics? (TR1 to TRC).

I have just tried your download level, and not only have you changed the floor by removing the crates (which are really part of the floor), but you have sorted out its collision detection to suit the new layout, so you do not collide with the crates that were there. That in itself is amazing

For years I have modified world geometry using Rview_50_R3 but you cannot remove existing collision detection with that, and that is its downfall.

Here is an example in my video, and look at 3.05 minutes in, where the room is emptied of gym equipment, but I can assure you the equipment shape is still there collision wise, and Lara would still bounce off the 'no longer there' equipment, so during the video I had to make sure Lara avoided hitting it

Anyway getting back to this new tool of yours, I can see great things being created from it, especially the way it corrects wall, roof and floor collision detection.

A lot of non-modders would not see what a massive step this is, but the rest of us do. Well done.

Cannot wait to try it out, Cheers Chi

Last edited by The Great Chi; 09-04-15 at 22:13.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 22:44   #4
b122251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
Cool. Looking forward to this tool and the one for triggers.
Thank you, and it's the same tool, by the way. It also has functions for editing Items, Static Meshes, Sprites, Triggers and other Floordata, SoundSources etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
This is going to be an amazing tool b122251

Is it going to be able to change world geometry for all the classics? (TR1 to TRC).

I have just tried your download level, and not only have you changed the floor by removing the crates (which are really part of the floor), but you have sorted out its collision detection to suit the new layout, so you do not collide with the crates that were there. That in itself is amazing
Thank you. Yes, it is intended to work with TR1-5. (It already mostly works on 2 and 3).
It may still take a few weeks or even months before it's ready for testing. (I started working on it in November). But when it is, I'll be sure to send you a beta for testing. Thanks for your enthusiasm, Sardoc and Chi.
Old 09-04-15, 23:04   #5
Sardoc

Good good, we like all-in-one tools.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 22:55   #6
b122251

Default More good news for modders

Today I added support for Floorportals, Ceilingportals and Viewportals. Here's a fun example of what you can do with it.

Download

Last edited by b122251; 22-11-15 at 08:43.
Old 10-04-15, 23:52   #7
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Tried your demo and you can now go from room 8 (as your picture) down into the floor below to room 0 (where the movable block is located).

This is now just truly unbelievable being able to create a portal through non-connected rooms of an existing level, without recreating it all via the DXtre3d unofficial editor. I just cannot wait to see how this is done

This is definitely the holy grail of modding of existing classic levels

EXAMPLE....
Let me give you an example. I have used Rview_50_R3 to create changes in existing TR levels, but as I said, although it looks good on video, there are invisible barriers retained due to the retention of the existing collision detection of walls, floors and roof. So I can show things on video, but does not work as in game play, as Lara collides with the existing geometry collision detection.

Lets look at my video here in Barkhang Monastery, and I have removed mountains, but even better I have opened the forever locked doors to the Monastery and Lara goes in and up to the inside corridors of the Monastery, (Hav'nt we all wanted to do that). Though unfortunately in game, she cannot walk through the whole way due to collision detection. So I had to make a video cut from going in the doors to ending up at the inside corridor.

See the first minute of my video below, and you will see what I tried to achieve, a way from the main door into the interior of the building. This new program I bet will be able to do this in game, by connecting through from one room to another that were never connected before. WOW!

The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 00:02   #8
b122251

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
This new program I bet will be able to do this in game, by connecting through from one room to another that were never connected before. WOW!
Certainly. It already supports importing rooms from other levels(including custom made ones in DXtre3D and such), you can import a room to replace an existing room, or just add it as a new one. It also already supports moving rooms. (Currently those two functions are only supported by TR1, but it's a matter of time)
Yes, once this program is ready for release, you can do this in-game.
Old 11-04-15, 00:08   #9
VictorXD

Oooh this is so cool ^^ I hope some skilled modders will make use of this
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 00:17   #10
Patrick Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great chi View Post
this is now just truly unbelievable being able to create a portal through non-connected rooms of an existing level, without recreating it all via the dxtre3d unofficial editor. I just cannot wait to see how this is done

this is definitely the holy grail of modding of existing classic levels
A new way to access unconnected model rooms? The glitcher's mind reels at the prospect...

Patrick Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote