Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 28-05-16, 23:20   #15521
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Unfortunately this is how custom triggers work in TRNG. The only solutions are:

1. To use the original music playback system, which doesn't allow for two sound channels.

2. Use triggergroups with TGROUP_SINGLE_SHOT to enable music. I used that for Forgotten Remnants and it works fine. Here is an example:
Code:
; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 130
; Exporting: TRIGGER(0:0) for FLIPEFFECT(130)
; <#> : Sound. (CD) Stop CD track of <&>Channel
; <&> : Channel 1 (Background track)
; (E) : 
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 130, $0

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 129
; Exporting: TRIGGER(18:0) for FLIPEFFECT(129)
; <#> : Sound. (CD) Play <&>CD track in (E) way on channel2
; <&> : AUDIO\018
; (E) : Single playback
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 129, $12

Triggergroup=	6, $2000+TGROUP_SINGLE_SHOT, 130, $1, $2000, 129, $12
$2000, 130, $0 - this is to stop music before playing a different one, because if you have one track playing when the second one is triggered, the first one will not be stopped and the second will be omitted.

$2000, 129, $12 - this one is to start playing next track. $12 should be replaced with your track number. This number is a HEX value(windows calculator allows to convert normal numbers into HEX, so you may find it helpful). For example number 18 is 12 in HEX.

TGROUP_SINGLE_SHOT - this is very important as it will make sure the triggergroup will be deactivated once it's triggered. This way when you step on another trigger music won't be played again.

An interesting note about the above command is that you can always activate a triggergroup again.
So that worked a treat! Thanks so much! Really interesting to see how triggers work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Looking great, Tombraider95!

@ GeekOfComedy:

Looking gooed as well. Quite a task to remake AOD.
And ofcourse we don't expect it to be a 1:1 remake because I think it is safe to say we all know that the AOD engine is more advanced that our TRLE/TRNG engine.

As for the audio issue, Caesum gave the correct solution.
However, you may want to leave the F130 trigger out if you are just triggering Lara talking on channel2. F130 should only be used if the triggered audio on channel2 clashes with the audio playing on channel1. This will not be the case when Lara is just saying something.
Not remaking AOD! I think it'd end up in the pile with all the other failed remakes. If I do complete that level it's a once-off'er. Thanks though!

Tomb Raider 95, that looks amazing! The environment looks organic!
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-16, 16:32   #15522
Tombraider95

Thanks for the comments
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-16, 11:07   #15523
Alex Fly
Inactive

I love your screenshots GeekOfComedy and TombRaider95 ! Your levels look amazing !
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 03:09   #15524
Boobandie

Got bored, started remaking Colosseum.

Not sure exactly where this is going. I kinda like the look of TR1 textures on cleaner/more advanced geometry though. Maybe it will end up as a "TR1 Revised" kind of level. I know I'd like to remake the early TR1 Braid Lara model. Still got to build the roof (more TR1 style in size, but with TRA roundness)

Also making this made me remember something that TRA, TRC, and Assassins Creed Brotherhood got wrong. The Colosseum isn't round. It's an oval. And TR1's rectangle is actually okay to retrofit into a stretched octagon to match the real one.

Last edited by Boobandie; 03-06-16 at 03:12.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 04:43   #15525
jackali
Golden

But there is only one Colosseum really, and amphitheatres came in all different shapes and sizes. It's fine to have a round amphitheatre.

As far as Colosseum goes, that's a reference to the size of the Flavian amphitheatre - it's the largest one ever, it's a colossus, it's colossal - so it was really a bad name choice for TR1 (and again in Anniversary)! ACB was just wrong on that though!

Nice to see the TR1 textures though, they look great on it.

Last edited by jackali; 03-06-16 at 04:45.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 08:01   #15526
Boobandie

Yeah I know Colosseum is specifically the name of the one in Rome (well done TR1, with ya Thor, Neptune, and Atlas all in the same room) but in all the other ones I've seen are indeed ovals by design. Or semi-circles but those are for theatre not fighting.

TR1 could have easily had a greek theatre for the level instead, and it would have made perfect sense. Though the location of those levels is up for debate. They really didnt nail it down at the time. Personally i think you could retcon it to be set in Turkey, with Lara exploring Byzantine ruins. Then it's comfortably well enough into the Roman empire to have everything the TR1 levels do... well except Thor...

Last edited by Boobandie; 03-06-16 at 08:05.
Old 03-06-16, 17:23   #15527
mathew9r

Testing a little something something, possibly for my next project

EDIT: A test of expanded land, I think I might end up using this as a new level :P

Naturally I need to look into maybe making/adding new textures for the seabed between islands but so far it's good :P

Last edited by mathew9r; 03-06-16 at 20:22.
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-16, 00:36   #15528
Boobandie

Hmmm which roof style (will probably put cave rock over the top). TR1 flat till column then curve up, or TRA immediate dome.

TR1

TRA

Also working on an Alpha TR1 model. Ripped the braid from the Lost Valley file and adapted the TR4 braid to size. Still going to change it to make it more accurate.

Old 04-06-16, 05:52   #15529
VictorXD

TRA style looks nicer. Lara's alpha model looks pretty good too ^^

When you do lighting, will you go for a more atmospheric, coloured lighting or black and white àla TR1??
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-16, 06:31   #15530
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
TRA style looks nicer. Lara's alpha model looks pretty good too ^^

When you do lighting, will you go for a more atmospheric, coloured lighting or black and white àla TR1??
I'm honestly not sure. Faintly coloured might be nice, I'm thinking this is heading towards if TR1 had the TR3 roomeditor, but TR1 assets. So Alpha TR1 model, but triangular geometry. Coloured lighting, but simple statics. As many objects as I like, but no transparency. When I've built the cave roof I'll start playing around with light directions and see what feels right.