Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 25-03-15, 15:29   #11
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

OK, deep breath, here we go again.

You download TRLfly from the internet with Anti-virus switched off for a short time ie TEMPORARY. Then put it back on again.

Now you have TRLfly available to play. And it is not a virus.
(how many times do I have to say that ........ ).

Some Anti-virus programs run continiously, with internet on and off. My AVG anti-virus is like that. AVG then checks any program running for viruses, and it does not like TRLfly

So with the internet off, and with AVG temporary switched off, I can then switch on TRLfly and TR legend game and play the game.

There cannot be any chance of getting viruses while the internet is switched off during game play. Finished, Phew!

PS..... Another option as said above, is once you have TRLfly you can tell your anti-virus to ignore it as a threat, if it has that facility to do this.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-15, 07:54   #12
Zavi

Ok, so realise that TRLFly is not a virus.

However, you are worried that when the antivirus is temporarily disabled during gameplay, other viruses can get in.

If your internet is switched off, then viruses can not appear out of the blue as nothing can connect to your computer.

If this still isn't good enough, some antiviruses (I'm using avast! Free Antivirus 2014) have the option to whitelist folders;

Save TRLFly in Legend's Program Files folder.

Add Legend's Program Files folder to your antivirus whitelist.
Therefore, your antivirus will still be enabled checking for viruses but will not block/delete anything in Legend's folder

EDIT: This is slightly off topic but could make you feel better. I had to reinstall Tomb Raider Anniversary as halfway through the installation my antivirus blocked "tra.exe" (the main thing required to play the game). I had to whitelist the installer. This is true btw

Last edited by Zavi; 29-03-15 at 08:00.
Zavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 11:41   #13
Fantasy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
OK, deep breath, here we go again.

You download TRLfly from the internet with Anti-virus switched off for a short time ie TEMPORARY. Then put it back on again.

Now you have TRLfly available to play. And it is not a virus.
(how many times do I have to say that ........ ).

Some Anti-virus programs run continiously, with internet on and off. My AVG anti-virus is like that. AVG then checks any program running for viruses, and it does not like TRLfly

So with the internet off, and with AVG temporary switched off, I can then switch on TRLfly and TR legend game and play the game.

There cannot be any chance of getting viruses while the internet is switched off during game play. Finished, Phew!

PS..... Another option as said above, is once you have TRLfly you can tell your anti-virus to ignore it as a threat, if it has that facility to do this.
I didn't say I wasn't convinced there's no virus. I was only trying to make myself feel better from personal embarrassment. Anyway, thanks everybody.

Anyway, double thanks! I think I now have enough info to make my mom believe there's no virus. It's her that was dubious, not me. But please, don't go getting frustrated with HER, she just wants to be extra careful, because we can't afford to get a computer fixed if it ever does get infected by an unknown virus. However, that's gonna change after next school year; we won't need to pay, because I'm going to vocational technical school for computer service repair.

Last edited by Fantasy Fan; 01-04-15 at 11:48.
Fantasy Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-16, 22:07   #14
duboss

Quote:
Right click your TRL.exe in the legend folder and check if the size is 16MB or 26.8MB or 29.8MB. Choose the correct TRLfly for you.....

You also need the 1.2 Legend patch to run TRLfly.
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/updates.html

16MB version of TRLfly.....(works OK)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6f...x2n/TRLFly.exe

26.8MB version of TRLfly...(works OK)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hw..._2..26.8Mb.zip

29.8MB version of TRLfly....(this has not been checked, so do not know if this works or not).
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zf...TRLFly29.8.exe

Place the TRLfly cheat in the Legend folder and start it up, before starting Legend.

Controls are F11 to switch it on and off in game. Press 1 or 2 for Lara moving up and down.

Note that anti-virus programs may detect this as a virus, but it is not.

To sort this out, temporary disable anti-virus while downloading TRLfly.

Also some anti-viruses will still say its a virus during game run, so you may have to disable anti-virus while playing the Legend game with TRLfly.
I cannot get this to work on my game. I am using the Steam version (1.2) and it works perfectly on Anniversary.
duboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-17, 19:39   #15
Fantasy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by duboss View Post
I cannot get this to work on my game. I am using the Steam version (1.2) and it works perfectly on Anniversary.
I think I've got this problem too. I have tried all 3 of those fly mod versions and none of them seem to work in either Legend and Anniversary. I press F11 but nothing seems to happen. I'm using TRL and TRA from the Tomb Raider Collection. Could this be the problem?
Old 13-03-17, 16:54   #16
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

The problem lies with finding the code location of Lara's vertical positioning in the complete string of game code.

This differs with ever version of the game produced world wide, ie, some non-English versions will have moved the code location that these fly hacks/cheats locate to, so the hack will miss the code location that is to be modified. So will not work.

Also steam was a new thing, and was not available back then when all these different cheats became available for world variants of the game, and same would also hold true for a budget Tomb Raider Collection if it is not identical to the original game.

Unfortunately, the designer of the hack is no longer on this website, but I remember him talking about making a universal fly hack for each of TRL, TRA and TRU, whereby the hack would look for Laras vertical positioning part of the code, and then modify it.

But it was never made. If any good code designers are out there, this would be a good thing to do, to revise these fly cheats to be universal

Meanwhile, we are just stuck with the ones made for the original games.
Old 13-03-17, 18:49   #17
Fantasy Fan

Thanks for the info, Chi!
Old 17-03-17, 21:20   #18
thomasrobson03

has anyone got one for tra or does this come with it???
thomasrobson03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-17, 15:51   #19
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasrobson03 View Post
has anyone got one for tra or does this come with it???
There are some different versions of the TRA fly cheat here....
http://tomb-raider-anniversary.com/t...ode_wall_hack/
Old 19-03-17, 13:15   #20
thomasrobson03

Quote:
There are some different versions of the TRA fly cheat here....
http://tomb-raider-anniversary.com/t...ode_wall_hack/
thanks but that website just gives me an endless loop of links
thomasrobson03 is offline   Reply With Quote