www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 02-12-17, 13:14   #11
Chocolate
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
I'm glad you found the solution to your problem because by the look of it it looks none of us had a solution as we were too distracted by your return.

Thanks for posting the explanations. I never tried this tool, maybe I will at some point as it looks interesting. I hope it's also compatible with AOD patched with v52 patch (I have the Steam version).
Haha I should have just named this thread "Chocolate returns" since this is clearly the focus But never mind! Clearly after all these years I've still got it

It should work with v52. I just updated to v49 to begin with since I believe (but not 100% sure) it's the minimum patch needed to unlock the character swapping and possibly the ActorDB tools. But funnily enough the game won't open under normal circumstances and crashes at almost everything I do so I don't recommend v49 anyway How is the Steam version? Has it fixed up a lot of things or is it still as buggy as my fresh-release CD copy which I'm still using?!
Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 14:22   #12
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

When I used to modifying the PC game using AOD tools like pizza cheater, there was a stipulation to get it working with the PC version and that was....

"You need a PC version of AOD that must not be the latter version 52, you can use the first version 39 which I have used, or 42 or 49."

I remember having to specifically buy a V39 version secondhand off Ebay, so I could modify the game.
Old 02-12-17, 14:48   #13
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ It must be also an English version. I remember trying TRAOD SCU with Pollish v52 patch and half of features were broken/disabled.
Caesum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 10:58   #14
Alex Fly
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
How is the Steam version? Has it fixed up a lot of things or is it still as buggy as my fresh-release CD copy which I'm still using?!
I'd say there's no difference between this one and the previous CD copy I had, as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
When I used to modifying the PC game using AOD tools like pizza cheater, there was a stipulation to get it working with the PC version and that was....

"You need a PC version of AOD that must not be the latter version 52, you can use the first version 39 which I have used, or 42 or 49."

I remember having to specifically buy a V39 version secondhand off Ebay, so I could modify the game.
Thanks for the precision, Chi. Looks like I won't try it after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
^ It must be also an English version. I remember trying TRAOD SCU with Pollish v52 patch and half of features were broken/disabled.
Regarding Steam I think there's only one version available (and with v52 included by default). The language is in English only even if you don't live in an English based region (which is really ridiculous and lazy from them since the CD copies are fully translated).
Old 03-12-17, 15:07   #15
Chocolate
Professor

The Pizza Cheater! I remember this, trying to use it on my oh so glitchy copy of the game That was so 00s. I remember being forced to try and start using these cheater trainers because glitches were making it impossible for me to progress in the game, but ironically I think using them just made my game even more unstable and I could never progress beyond the Strahov Fortress.

And now to show the efforts of the topic title (and a bit of a shameless plug), turning NPCs into enemies Excuse the still-immature humour of the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tci-4EGox2U
Old 03-12-17, 18:53   #16
Alex Fly
Legend

^ OMG! I wasn't expecting that. XD
Old 03-12-17, 18:55   #17
ChocolateFan
Hobbyist

Oh Chocolate is back!!

I first heard of you two or three years ago when I found this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=110196. And since then I read (almost) all the series with the help of an old version of your website: https://web.archive.org/web/20070909...thingsintr.htm and also saw your videos and I'm currently reading this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=85907 in which you wrote posts from page 321 until 744, I stopped in page 400 because of university. Your stories are so funny!!

Sorry for my excitement!
ChocolateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 21:03   #18
Chocolate
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateFan View Post
Oh Chocolate is back!!

I first heard of you two or three years ago when I found this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=110196. And since then I read (almost) all the series with the help of an old version of your website: https://web.archive.org/web/20070909...thingsintr.htm and also saw your videos and I'm currently reading this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=85907 in which you wrote posts from page 321 until 744, I stopped in page 400 because of university. Your stories are so funny!!

Sorry for my excitement!
Oh my! I was wondering if your username was refering to the food or to me! Haha
I didn't delete the Things in TR website, it just sadly seems like the web host went down. It's also sad that a lot of the image hosts jumped ship and now you can't see any of the images which was the whole appeal of the series to begin with. On the other hand, some of my humour is a little cringey now that I am an old and boring adult x) But I'm glad it has amused people in spite of that!

It's hilarious that I used to be part of the KTEB because now looking back, I find Kurtis to be a poorly executed addition to Tomb Raider. Sure I still find him interesting and Eric Loren did an amazing job bringing the charm out of him, but when you take it for what it is, Kurtis' story is that he just stalked Lara like a creep and then decided the best way to disarm a stranger is to fiddle with them! I think aside from this Lara and Kurtis still do have good chemistry, but it's just a bit weird that this strong and stubborn attitude Lara suddenly seems to find it charming that this stranger is touching her up. Girl, he got rid of your guns and made it harder to get rid of The Cleaner in the following level. Have some standards! Lol
Old 05-12-17, 15:44   #19
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Yeh, it been a bit of a disaster with Photobucket making us all lose our photo accounts. I mean who would pay $300 a year. Crazy!

So now we have all these old threads on here, with hardly any photos anymore. Pity !
Old 12-12-17, 00:44   #20
ChocolateFan
Hobbyist

Sorry for the late reply!

Yes, my username refers to you! Sorry for that, only after I made it I realized that I had to ask your permission. But how would I ask your permission without creating it before? This is like the chicken and egg problem, anyway, if you did not like it, I can delete this account and create another, no problem.

I saw your new video and it is good as always!!

Now may I ask you a thing that I am failing to understand? It is that Legend Lara usually prepends her speeches with "Like", for example:

LL: OMG LIKE, WE GOING SOOO FAST!1!!11!! Help me ZIP!

(extracted from this post: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...postcount=4275). But why does she do that??
ChocolateFan is offline   Reply With Quote