Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 24-05-06, 15:17   #11
MiCkiZ88

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminati30
Personally, i dont think its a bad thing. The only way gay people will be accepted in society is if they stop hiding away like they have something to be ashamed of.
true... They are humans you know
MiCkiZ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-06, 15:17   #12
interstellardave

This may help people who are struggling with their own sexuality become more comfortable with it... help them adjust in real life eventually.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-06, 15:22   #13
illuminati30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact
Lol! For once there is someone on this forum apart from a few who has a backbone Lol! Kudos.

Well seeing as the major world population still doesn't accepts Gays, I don't think its economically feesable to create a game that has homosexual content and expect the world to go along with it.

There are quite many concervative countries out there who wouldn't think twice about cencoring the content out. Though games have always been comfortable to subliminally input "controvertial" content; to go main stream with the idea... I don't think the world is ready.
How many gay posts are you going to make? Have you got something to tell us like? <expects an I am straight post!>

Again you have still not told me what YOU think, would it offend you?

When you think about games that have been accepted, playboy mansion et al, the same could have been said about them.
illuminati30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-06, 15:25   #14
illuminati30

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave
This may help people who are struggling with their own sexuality become more comfortable with it... help them adjust in real life eventually.
Exactly, to keep hiding away like it is something to be ashamed of says basically that it is something to be ashamed of!
Old 24-05-06, 15:25   #15
Catapharact

Arrow

I am a Management student. I can't go subjective on this topic; Something in my head thats telling me to stop right there .

As I said... The world isn't ready for it.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-06, 15:26   #16
interstellardave

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminati30
How many gay posts are you going to make? Have you got something to tell us like? <expects an I am straight post!>

Again you have still not told me what YOU think, would it offend you?

When you think about games that have been accepted, playboy mansion et al, the same could have been said about them.
Playboy: The Mansion is an interesting case... only showed female breasts but the game wasn't sold anywhere but in actual game stores. No Best Buy, no Wal-Mart, etc. Pretty stupid when GTA is sold everywhere... and so was God Of War.
Old 24-05-06, 15:27   #17
Catapharact

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave
Playboy: The Mansion is an interesting case... only showed female breasts but the game wasn't sold anywhere but in actual game stores. No Best Buy, no Wal-Mart, etc. Pretty stupid when GTA is sold everywhere... and so was God Of War.
Just imagine what will happen to a game that freely advertises open homosexual relationships.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-06, 15:28   #18
illuminati30

Quote:
I am a Management student. I can't go subjective on this topic; Something in my head thats telling me to stop right there .

As I said... The world isn't ready for it.
Thats a bit like starting a fire and running away and saying 'it wasnt me!'

From you saying 'The world isn't ready for it' I think this means you dont think it is a bad thing, although i can not tell. One question, when is the world ready for it?
Old 24-05-06, 15:29   #19
illuminati30

Quote:
Just imagine what will happen to a game that freely advertises open homosexual relationships.
emmm you can buy DVDs from tesco that do.
Old 24-05-06, 15:30   #20
interstellardave

Quote:
Hmmm that is part of the equation I didn't consider. But here in the US, at least, things are always cock-eyed, sex-wise. I could see a backlash against stores not stocking a game because of gay-themed content, but no-one will stick up for a game that has heterosexual themed content--or even just a little nudity. While all at the same time the most grotesqly violent material is sold with only the occasional--and ineffective--protest!