Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 19-02-16, 21:37   #21
CourierNumber6

^
That would be amazing if we were able to add that type of inventory to TR4 Custom Levels. Honestly, if that were the case, I would have a hard time distinguishing this game from the original
CourierNumber6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-16, 21:58   #22
Dustie

It's probably completely doable (if you're an Assembler genius, I suppose), considering all 3D objects for menu items are always available, it would just be a bit complicated with the item combining option and ammo choice, as it requires a secondary menu of sorts...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-16, 22:56   #23
CourierNumber6

^
That's something that I thought of too. It might look a bit weird trying to combine items or switch ammo with the original ring menu. That kind of makes me wonder if the two-part puzzle pieces and different ammo types one of the big reasons CORE decided to have a different inventory style for TR4 and 5.
Old 20-02-16, 01:26   #24
AODfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligufaca View Post
I played the demo and it was fun, loved the save crystals. Gives a nice challenge just like in the original Ps1 version.

Good luck with the project!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta73 View Post
Omg yaaaaaas! I loved the demo so much it was fun and beautiful. Im super excited for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraSpears View Post
I am breathtaken!

This level is simply wonderful and amazing, the atmosphere is so immersive and the environment is really engrossing, it feels authentic and original, what an extravagant level!

If this is just a demo, what would the finished project be like? Because this is simply too good to be described by words, your work is beyond exquisite, I love it!

Keep up the amazing work, you're so very talented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
That was almost indistinguishable from TR1!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
All it needs is the inventory style from the original. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
It's probably completely doable (if you're an Assembler genius, I suppose), considering all 3D objects for menu items are always available, it would just be a bit complicated with the item combining option and ammo choice, as it requires a secondary menu of sorts...
It's theoretically already possible in TRNG but it's way too much effort so it wouldn't be worth it. Perhaps someday we'll have the actual ring menu back in TR4
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-16, 12:13   #25
TombRaiderTim

We honestly need a patcher for that and if we lose the option to combine and choose ammo, i'm not too bothered about that since the end result is totally worth it.

I always found the ring menus to look so much tidier and easier viewing than TR4.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-16, 17:22   #26
CourierNumber6

^
It certainly felt more "classic" or "original" compared to TR4 and 5's menus. It also felt really rewarding finding weapons and ammo and seeing the ring menu grow from like, two items to twenty over the course of the games.
Old 02-03-16, 16:09   #27
Lara_Fan1

Just downloaded the demo and played a little, I'm enjoying it so much so far. Can't wait to play the final version of this. Tomb Raider will always be a great game so I can't wait to replay it again in a different way!
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 19:55   #28
TombRaiderTim

I just remembered I won the fastest time trial of this demo with all secrets on the 2015 advent calendar. (I think it was this!) xD

http://trforge.net/advent/2015/day24...fulentries.php

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 02-03-16 at 19:58.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 09:21   #29
AODfan

Here's the first gameplay trailer. Enjoy!
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 13:45   #30
Ligufaca

Wow! That gameplay looks amazing, and so much fun! Like, really cool and interesting!
I'd even say that the trailer was explosive!

Can't wait to play it.

Edit:
Oh, awkward, I only now noticed that other video. Amazing stuff! Do you know yet when you'll release it?

Last edited by Ligufaca; 01-04-16 at 16:53.
Ligufaca is offline   Reply With Quote