Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 03-09-09, 22:00   #1
Eddie Haskell

Default Ice thing won't leave me alone

I have played this game many times. never have I had the flying ice thing continuously follow me in the City of the Dead after it freezes the water. And yet, like a trained bird it follows me wherever I go, passing through walls but never harming me. Anyone else ever have this happen in a game?

Last edited by Eddie Haskell; 03-09-09 at 22:29.
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 23:34   #2
Lemmie

Wow. That's kind of cool. I can safely say that's never happened to me.
Lemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 00:50   #3
Eddie Haskell

Still there...

Old 04-09-09, 01:18   #4
rr_carroll
Bug Scientist

Wow, Lara has a pet!

Does it happen to pass near her from time to time? Or does it seem to intentionally keep a respectful distance?
rr_carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 02:02   #5
xkime-ex

That has happened to me I think they're there to help. At one point in the game you end up in a squared hallway and the ice elements burst out from a blue ball up in a gap. Nearby is a pool and you cannot get to the other side unless the pool freezes; therefore when the ice elements follow you they dive in the pool and freeze it. After that you can get out, go back to the pool and cross to the other side. That's how they've helped me...
xkime-ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 02:18   #6
Eddie Haskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkime-ex View Post
That has happened to me I think they're there to help. At one point in the game you end up in a squared hallway and the ice elements burst out from a blue ball up in a gap. Nearby is a pool and you cannot get to the other side unless the pool freezes; therefore when the ice elements follow you they dive in the pool and freeze it. After that you can get out, go back to the pool and cross to the other side. That's how they've helped me...
I know. That task has long since been accomplished. It is required for these things to freeze the water as I said. But never before have they gone on after that, and I have played this game many, many times since it came out all of those years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_carroll View Post
Wow, Lara has a pet!

Does it happen to pass near her from time to time? Or does it seem to intentionally keep a respectful distance?
It is getting pretty annoying to have this thing going in and out of the walls and alerting all to my presence... It actually appears to be doing what it does when it harms you, hitting you and making passes in out of the surrounding terrain/environment. But now it does no damage.

Last edited by Eddie Haskell; 04-09-09 at 02:39.
Old 04-09-09, 02:49   #7
xkime-ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
I know. That task has long since been accomplished. It is required for these things to freeze the water as I said. But never before have they gone on after that, and I have played this game many, many times since it came out all of those years ago.
Oh, my bad I apologize. That, though, never happened to me..
xkime-ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 12:41   #8
Carol H

That's very interesting! Never happened to me though. Can you specify how this happened? Maybe you triggered a bug or left the area too slowly allowing the ice elemental to follow you into the rest of the level. Does it follow you between levels too?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 12:54   #9
Eddie Haskell

^ I honestly don't know. I attempt to traverse a level differently each time I replay it. I know that I had already shot up the bell with the locusts in it, than went down and swam through that area. Later I returned and shot the blue swinging ball thing, released the ice creature and made a beeline for the water. Proceeded to swim through and return to cross the ice. Only this time the thing was still around, and apparently quite attached to me. And no, I am still on the same level so it has not yet followed me to another level. We shall see...

It's an Ice Elemental though eh, I take it that you learned that from somewhere. I never read much about the games in order to protect myself from revealing secrets and the like. Sometimes I happen upon them in the text of something else though.

EDIT:
Remembered something that I did differently. I did not shoot the blue thing whist in a crouch in the tight passageway where the bell formerly was. I was on the floor below, and jumped up repeatedly while firing the pistols until it released the elementals. And I say it in plural because I swear there were more than one.

Last edited by Eddie Haskell; 04-09-09 at 14:10.
Old 04-09-09, 14:15   #10
GameGlitcher77

Cool Maybe...

Maybe there is a trigger in the crawlspace that allows them to diminish when they hit the water???
GameGlitcher77 is offline   Reply With Quote