Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-01-18, 17:45   #601
SLAYER

Another one down, good work.

I noticed you also fixed the lamps in MCS, they weren't mentioned in the changes. Nicely done.

Question: when you fix an object like the lamps, do you do it once for the object, or do you have to go through all of them one by one?

Last edited by SLAYER; 19-01-18 at 17:46.
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-18, 18:49   #602
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Links added in OP
Great! Thanks!
Quote:
No, we haven't. I've been busy with the multipatcher in November/December and now I have many things to do in real life. Frankly I find v. 6.6.4 sasho's controls almost perfect so I don't feel the need to change them.
Kind of shame, but I agree with you that sasho's controls are almost perfect. My only complains are 1) the way Lara turns around instead of walking backwards and 2) unfinished (by Core, unfortunately) injured anims.

Oh, by the way, another question (it will be the last, I promesam, I promes!): I see that in case of characters one can just put fixed characters in the CHAR folder and they will be read in every level, yes? Is it possible to do the same thing with textures?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-18, 21:18   #603
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Maybe now you can fix the tabaco sign in pierre's courtyard in parisian ghetto?
Yes, I think now I can do this. I'll add a new material and assign it to the sign. Thanks for reminding me this bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
I noticed you also fixed the lamps in MCS, they weren't mentioned in the changes. Nicely done.
Really? lol, I don't remember anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
Question: when you fix an object like the lamps, do you do it once for the object, or do you have to go through all of them one by one?
Before discovering how to turn on double sided material I used to flip every polygon of every object. This is the best solution but it takes time because I have to manually reorganize vertex indices inside the triangle strip for each flipped surface.
Recently I've started using a different approach. When the number of flipped surfaces isn't very huge I continue with the old method, in all the other cases I prefer enabling double sided material: it's a fast and easy technique that immediately fixes all surfaces that share that material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Oh, by the way, another question (it will be the last, I promesam, I promes!): I see that in case of characters one can just put fixed characters in the CHAR folder and they will be read in every level, yes? Is it possible to do the same thing with textures?
It would be cool but unfortunately the game does not support this feature. All textures must be packed inside ZONE files.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-18, 21:25   #604
Caesum

Aaaah such a shame! It would be so cool, especially for modders. I am sure people would love the ability to upload HD textures without using TexMod. I gather though this is something that would need heavy engine editing.
Old 27-01-18, 09:03   #605
TRJTA

When will the fog and tobaco sign fix be released? 😃😍
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-18, 19:24   #606
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
Is it possible to activate the removed cops in paris2_1, paris2_2 and paris2_3?
They are still there, if you use pizzadox with version 39 of traod.
Sorry, I missed your message last time I checked the thread. Unfortunately I can't do it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
When will the fog and tobaco sign fix be released? 😃😍
Sorry for the delay, I had an exam last week and now I have the flu. I'll release it maybe next week!
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-18, 20:16   #607
red_lion

Quote:
Sorry, I missed your message last time I checked the thread. Unfortunately I can't do it yet.
Thanks for your reply. Don't worry about it.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-18, 12:08   #608
TRJTA

Quote:

Sorry for the delay, I had an exam last week and now I have the flu. I'll release it maybe next week!
No worries! I hope you get well soon. Take all the time you need.😘
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-18, 19:47   #609
Jorje Croft

I got something in my head, as with SCU its possible to go to the blocked area (Parisian backstreets) where you train, some textures are missing there, unfinished buildings and stuff. is it possible to recover them and look as a finished game?
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-18, 19:55   #610
Caesum

AFAIK the invisible objects don't exist in the levelmesh at all, they exist as collision only. Because of that it is hard to say what they were going to look like. More than that, the unfinished training area has one place where the game does not reload zones and adding that back is not possible atm without breaking the level and creating more bugs.

Sasho tried restoring that cut content but it resulted in many other problems apparently.