Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 22-11-17, 02:18   #211
Heckler

To quote my last tweet:

Regarding delay of release. Project is going stronger than ever. I had a different artistic vision for the game. I want to make things fierce, real, gritty, dark and mature while staying classy. Currently on enemies. Old vs. New Puna (WIP).

Old Tr3 remake Puna without his traditional dressing:

New Puna (Started today) WIP

Everything about the remake will be realistic to today's gaming standards while maintaining it's original, supernatural charm. The story has been greatly reworked and is now put into a timeline judging by the weather of the original locations in the original game.
We start off in July 1998 and end up in October.

A new area from my home continent is also added to connect Tomb Raider 3 with The Lost Artifact.

While current state is very advanced I feel it is poor in comparison to what I aimed for due to the rushing and the realization of ideas and suggestions that didn't come from our team. I will update more frequently as of this point on both here and twitter, and abstain from using Facebook as an update platform for the time being as it interferes with my time and moreso my patience.. Only things we are currently working on is aesthetic in terms of visuals and movement. All the mechanics and the technical game is complete.

I have big thanks to give Fred as his standards of quality has inspired me to raise my own. We're going to deliver a Tomb Raider game like you've never seen before.

Take note that if the game were to be rated it would be mature due to the gore among other things (Don't worry, Lara is too classy to undress or swear) so I apologize in advance to our more light-hearted friends in the community. There is however a feature to turn off dynamic blood and particle blood for both sensitivity an performance reasons. One thing though I will not add regardless of how many times it has been suggested is a ragdoll death gliding over a set of spikes. In the originals there were brutal yet nostalgic impalements and it stays.

Another announcement I'd like to make is that I'll be releasing the OST very soon. The instrumental recordings and sound design/programming been completed in 2015 already and I'm impatient to have everyone hear! I want it to release with the first trailer which will also reveal Lara at her best.

Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 06:12   #212
ANoDE
Golden

Now we're talking

Glad to hear there's good progress. Puna seems to have hit the gym between iterations
I actually like both versions.

Already looking forward to the OST and Lara reveal
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 09:18   #213
LCTRF

Puna looks f****** badass! That's some pro stuff right there, can't wait to see him finished! Really, whoever did the new model did a fantastic job!

Can't wait for the OST.
LCTRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 10:36   #214
dinne

*deleted*

Last edited by dinne; 05-08-20 at 13:16.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 12:59   #215
Alex Fly
Inactive

My my my... All of this sounds fabulous!

And Puna looked already very good now he looks even better in those WIP screenshots.

I can't wait to discover the OST.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 15:07   #216
Anakzunamuhn

But Puna was born without a face.

I'm very interested in the reworked story, it's one of the things that I mostly like about classics. I'm not so hype about the game itself, mainly because I love the classics just the way they are, and didn't really like Anniversary or the Nicobass remake.

Anyway I can't ignore that you are doing a giant work anyway. Congrats for the progress!

Last edited by Anakzunamuhn; 22-11-17 at 15:10.
Anakzunamuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 19:49   #217
Heckler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Now we're talking

Glad to hear there's good progress. Puna seems to have hit the gym between iterations
I actually like both versions.

Already looking forward to the OST and Lara reveal
Oh yes. I wanted him to resemble something closer to Polynesian mythology.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTRF View Post
Puna looks f****** badass! That's some pro stuff right there, can't wait to see him finished! Really, whoever did the new model did a fantastic job!

Can't wait for the OST.
Hehe thank you! I sculpted him yesterday free-hand and started on his retopology today. I want to stay away from using reference for people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinne View Post
Oh very nice! Old Puna was good enough to me but I say this because I'm more into gameplay and animations than graphic quality. Anyway, surely the better is better.

It seems that the general hype is growing... Will we have a demo, a beta version of a level or a portion of Croft Manor as gift for Christmas?
I will try my best. I am releasing a little something playable on Christmas though non-remake related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakzunamuhn View Post
But Puna was born without a face.

I'm very interested in the reworked story, it's one of the things that I mostly like about classics. I'm not so hype about the game itself, mainly because I love the classics just the way they are, and didn't really like Anniversary or the Nicobass remake.

Anyway I can't ignore that you are doing a giant work anyway. Congrats for the progress!
Mauki actually. The sixth leader before the tribe fled Koma Koma (Antarctica) after it was mostly destroyed by the misuse of his power.
Some time after that one of Darwin's men Smythe discovered the tribe in the South Pacific and showed them what his magical "Koma Koma" stone (The Ora Dagger) can do probably to ward them off from eating him or to practise power over people as he was just a simple, uneducated sailor who followed orders all his life for little money(In my version he has an authority complex and anger problem combined with severe social anxiety). Smythe died shortly thereafter and they celebrate his death every year. "The feast of Smythe"

Thanx ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
My my my... All of this sounds fabulous!

And Puna looked already very good now he looks even better in those WIP screenshots.

I can't wait to discover the OST.
Thank you sweety! Yes. I want to make him fierce and more Samoan looking
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-17, 00:21   #218
indigo15

Wow, your new Puna looks AMAZING! I remember how lush and alive the locations in the original game were (especially India and the South Pacific Islands), and I was already impressed with the screenshots you shared a while back. I can't wait to see the other improvements you've made!
indigo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-17, 07:55   #219
genstar

IMHO perfect lara face

https://twitter.com/**************/s...98102700199936

Last edited by genstar; 24-11-17 at 07:56.
genstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-17, 11:10   #220
quetzalcoatl

Thumbs up

Is there any gameplay footage yet? Looks beautifully rendered so far.
quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote